newbie - leaving sat!

Hi all, just found this board - it has been very helpfull so far for knowing what to expect!

Me and my boyfriend are leaving Saturday out of New Orleans on the Granduer (sp?) of the Seas, and I have a few questions...sorry if they have been answered many times before, I did a search and could not find anyting :D

We filled out the online information and printed out the sail pass - is that (and passports) all we need to board, or do we have to take the booklet that they sent us too?

Is there internet in all of the cabins (we are on the fourth floor, with a window)? Is it mac compatible?

Can you get green tea anywhere on the ship? Or if you bring your own, will they have hot water to make it with?

Any other tips for a memorable first-ever cruise?

And for any one else from New Orleans - do you know what time the St. Patty's day parade is through uptown? Or is there one this year?...trying to find out how early we need to leave, with traffic, etc....we are in carrollton:o

Thanks Everyone!!!!

ID and seapass are all that's needed--unless you have vouchers for hotel or shuttles! (They will be in your "docs' as well)

I don't think Mac is compatible without adapters.

They have PLENTY of hot water for tea--I don't know if they have green--but I bet they do!!!!

Just have fun--that's the main reason for cruising! Don't try to do everything--it's impossible! You will be cruising again (I guarantee it!) and you can try whatever you missed the 1st time! Bon Voyage!

I certainly hope you love the Grandeur as much as we did!! She is a GREAT ship! I can't say enough nice things about the crew!

There are SO MANY things to do, and I would like to reiterate what "CB at Sea" said, in which you just can't do them all. Just relax and enjoy, and allow yourselves some time to just do what the spirit moves you!

We'll be anxious to hear your review when you return.

Have a GREAT cruise!

Melinda

You will love Grandeur.

The Windjammer has a whole host of Lipton Teas available, Green included. (If you don't sea it, ask.) The dining room breakfast will have green tea. If you don't care for Lipton, you may bring your own. There is plenty of hot water available. Also, check out the 24/7 room service.

Check out the Solarium pool. It's enclosed, however the roof will open on warmer days. The Viking Crown Lounge is a nice before dinner drink spot. After dinner it turns into a lively night club.

If you have Gino and Katrina serve you in the dining room, you will have a great dining experience. Check out your dining room table just after you board. They will allow you in the dining room to view your table. If you find it not to your liking, you may be able to change. Ask for a table with the above dining staff.

Towards the end of your cruise, go to the Crown and Anchor lounge on deck 8. Join the C&A, it's very easy. And free. It is like a frequent flyer deal, but a whole lot better. Marilyn will be there, she can help you book another cruise, with "booking on board" credits for your next cruise. If you do book another, you only pay a deposit. And, if you change your mind, you get your deposit back or you can change to another cruise. After trying Grandeur, you will definitely want more!

You'll have a great cruise on Grandeur. We did. And we hope you have many more!

Rick and Deirdra

Archived