Constellation - Onboard shops

AngelaC

Here are a couple - B Ripped Off, The Tacky Souvenir shop. Overpriced Jewelry.

JK :D. You will not find any Name Brand shops. They have a Duty Free Liquor and Cig shop, A Duty Free Jewelry Store, A gift shop, A Fine Jewelry Story, a couple Boutiques. All except the Fine Jewelry store are owned and operated by Celebrity.

Jim

I loved the shops on Constellation. My friend found a little evening purse on sale for $10 (beaded gold bag) regular $49. I had bought a cape in Quebec that is beige synthetic to look like wool. On-board sale I found a hat and gloves to match it for $10 each. They aren't name brand or anything, but nice that it matches the cape.

Then our biggest purchase was the last sailing day, the fine jewelry was on sale. I found a diamond teardrop pendant I just had to have. Original price was $400 (I wouldn't have paid that for it) but at the 50% off, I was willing to pay $200 for it. My friend purchased a really nice diamond ring at 50% off too. Now I know jewelry is always marked up at least 200%, but upon returning home, I had my pendant appraised and it came back at around $300, so I was happy with the purchase. I don't feel I was ripped off at all. We made the decision that we were willing to pay the price they were asking for the jewelry.

Oh yeah, the day the watches were on sale, my friend bought an Anne Klein (I think that's the name) bracelet watch. She had purchased the identical watch here at home for $180 and got it for $50 on the ship.

So if you watch for the bargains and know what the price of something is, good buys are there to be had.

We were on Century in January and I passed up a Swarovski crystal piece for $40. US only to find it was discontinued at home and would have cost me $78 CDN! Guess that's called non-buyers remorse!!!!! Although all the Celebrity ships have a nice selection of Swarovski, the selection on Century was exceptional.

I read a review of the Constellation on another site -- cruisechat, I think -- and it talked about the great shopping available -- designer brands like Fendi bags,etc. Too funny. The only "designer" brand I saw was Tommy Bahama. Very disappointed in the shops for the most part, although they had some nice watches that looked like good deals.

nothing like the upscale shops on QM 2 but who could afford to shop in those? --not me. It's run of the mill but maybe they will have a special area for amber or something like that--depends...sometimes nice prices on very good handbags. There are always some little treats to give a shopping fix!

I found the prices on the Swarovski crystal pendants and earrings on the ship to be comparable to prices in ports (better in some cases) and all were better than the prices on the Swarovski website. The half-price costume jewelry in the ship's shop is always half-price, but they do bring out special merchandise for the "all items $10" or "2 watches for $25" or "2 rings for $39.95" sales, so it's worth a check each day you're at sea. (The shops are closed by law while the ship is in port -- and that includes the one that sells sundries, too.)

I don't know about the shops that sell "real" jewels, but I think you won't be ripped off buying something sparkly to wear on formal night on the ship.

Archived