John Heald's blog-big success

juliejoe

Sorry!:o

My mistake (when you make one on CC it doesn't take long for it to be spotted). I should have said what Graham Seymour WAS to Princess.

I think it was a good move on Carnival's part to encourage his blog.

I have been on 17 cruises with all the mainstream lines except Princess, and my first Princess is in May

John Heald is by far the most entertaining, caring and the best cruise director I have ever had the pleasure of sailing with. In fact I can only remember the name of one of the others.

We sailed with him for 15 days on the Carnival Legends inaugral crossing from Europe in 2002. It is one of the most memorable cruises we have taken and he was much of the reason

Not to take away from John H but the best CD so far for us has been John Lawrence on the Star Princess. I feel that any CD who spends the time coming on to CruiseCritic to help answer the many questions CC'ers have before going on the Baltic cruise was above and beyond. He also takes the time to organize and attends a CC get together on the ship. Kudos to him!

We sailed with John H on the Liberty Med cruise in 2005 and found him to be a good CD. Will check out his cruise blog.

Julia

Juliadlf -

We too sailed the Baltics with John Lawrence and he was fantastic. I had ordered his book online before the cruise. He loves that itinerary and I think it's about all he does now. I asked him if we could buy a DVD of his port presentations, but at that time he was just working on making it available.

Julie

I had been reading about John Heald for a long time and his loyal following. He was the CD when I sailed on the Carnival Liberty in Feb 2006 and can say that he is one of the best I've seen. He really was very very good and I'm glad to have sailed with him at least once.

Julie...thanks for pointing this out to us. I would never have seen it otherwise, and just spent a very enjoyable time reading through his entire blog. I have never sailed with him, but he seems like a stitch. So lucky to be able to have his wife working and sailing with him!

Archived