Only six 5A cabins, so a 5A guarantee has good chance for upgrade?

Middleager

In Destiny, I see there are only six 5A cabins, 1110, 1009, 1114, 1115, 2110, 2109.

Carnival currently has the 1-day sale (was from Wed., and extended to today), whereby you get an upgrade to the best cabin within the same category, using P1S promotion code. In Carnival's site (with code P1S) it shows any of inside cabins 4A, 4B, 4C, 4D has an arrow and Free upgrade to a 5A. So if you book a guarantee, wouldn't the chance of being upgraded from 5A be quite good? Or are you forced to have to select a specific room, therefore little chance of upgrade from there?

In Destiny, I see there are only six 5A cabins, 1110, 1009, 1114, 1115, 2110, 2109.

Carnival currently has the 1-day sale (was from Wed., and extended to today), whereby you get an upgrade to the best cabin within the same category, using P1S promotion code. In Carnival's site (with code P1S) it shows any of inside cabins 4A, 4B, 4C, 4D has an arrow and Free upgrade to a 5A. So if you book a guarantee, wouldn't the chance of being upgraded from 5A be quite good? Or are you forced to have to select a specific room, therefore little chance of upgrade from there?

My TA booked me in a 5A gty once stated there are onlysix and I should get an upgrade, which is what I thought too. Used a old method of checking and they had put me in a 5A the day I booked. I watched it for awhile and when it didn't change I booked a balcony gty.

The date I'm looking is Aug. 26 on the Destiny. There are six 5A cabins in total on the ship, and seems like all of them are still available.

The description shows 5A has two portholes. I understand that if you book OV, it is at least a 6A. So it seems 5A is not categorized as an oceanview. Since it is listed as the upgrade from 4A etc., Carnival must consider it as an inside cabin, even though it has the two portholes to see outside.

PINEVIEW01, when you said they put you in a 5A, was a room number assigned or was it guarantee?

Actually if you look at the deck plans, Carnival shows 5A as a oceanview category, but then has a little blurb about it having port holes. So it is a ocean view. If you let them choose, at least you are guaranteed at least a 5A or higher.

Iv only done a guarantee twice and neither time did I get better, once I got a little higher deck. Its all luck of the draw imo.

You only get upgraded in like categories. Inside to inside, view to view, balcony tobalcvony.

What category is 5A...?

5A is ocean view. I had an OV guarantee on the Fantasy once and ended up in a 5A.We loved it though as DS was 5 years old and loved to sit in the window space and look out the portholes.

Carnival's website includes 5A with the OV room category in the stateroom descriptions, but..... I'm booked into two side by side 5A's and when I click on the "stateroom details" it lists my rooms as insides. I booked the 5A's as an upgrade from 4A's during a promotion.

I was curious about this so just called Carnival and asked...the nice thing is that the 5A's are the bigger square footage of a regular OV room...instead of the reduced size of a insdie...the price was right between the 2 room rates...so...you can save some $ and get a bigger cabin...

Most ships have a handful of them and they are located on the front of the ship...

They did not work with my military credit....no any cheaper for me...

Archived