Suggestions for breakfast in Key West!

Ashlea13vb

Why would you not eat lunch on the boat before you start your day?

Having been to Key West on a land trip before, Blue Heaven or Pepe's would be 2 of my top choices. Again, I would do breakfast on the boat before you can leave to save yourself the money and the time and catch a lunch at Pepe's before going back to the boat.

Thanks for the ideas! Kal - do you have a preference for one of those places over the others?

Blue Heaven is probably the most desireable, but they tend to have a backup waiting to get in. Having said that all the great places have a waiting line. Blue Heaven is an outdoor setting so on a nice day it's really great. Chickens walking around at your feet makes it a very unique adventure.

I'd say the consensus is Blue Heaven! Thanks! I'd much rather try the local fare than eat on the ship - especially since we'll have so many other meals on the ship during the cruise. I like to try new restaurants.

That being said, maybe we'll try to get to Blue Heaven right when it opens (our ship docks at 7 AM, BH opens at 8 AM per the website). If we have to wait too long, then perhaps we'll consider passing on it and continuing on with our day.

Thanks again for the suggestions!

Our first visit to Blue Heaven was for lunch, and we had a very unremarkable experience -- almost didn't go back. On another trip to KW, we decided to try it out for breakfast and were so glad we did. We liked it so much we went back the next day! If you like Bloody Marys, Bear Bottom Beach Club on Duval makes them with Absolut Peppar and they are delicious.

I've stayed in Key West twice and my favorite place is Two Friends and A Patio. Cute little place close to Mallory Square. http://www.twofriendskeywest.com

Another cute place down the other end by the southern most point is the Duval Beach Club. This is owned by Kelly Mcgillis. http://www.kellyskeywest.com/kellysbeachclub-main.html

Pam

My husband and I had an interesting experience at the Schooner Wharf

for breakfast. Our cab driver thought we were part of the "Breakfast Club",

and when we got there we saw what he meant. This group of locals meets there almost every morning, and they don't chat over coffee if you know what I

mean! The breakfast food we had wasn't bad at all and very filling. It was

a little too early to start in on the beers though-8:30am:) We enjoyed sitting

on the waterfront and talking with them.

Believe me, I like Blue Heaven (I live just 2 blocks from it & DH & I love the bar!), but there are so many good places in KW that won't have the wait or the prices. We love Croissants de France, Banana Cafe, Martin's (if you're there on a Sunday $$$) or Ambrosia. For pure people watching, Croissants is the best (ask for a table on the street). For the least expensive breakfast in KW, go to the Deli at Truman and Simonton. Have a great time, whatever you do - with these choices, I don't think you can go wrong.:D

Archived