Can You Take Soda On The Ship Or Not

ace19cihl

We're diabetic and so I called Carnival and asked about the new policy. They told me we could apply for an exception by filling out some paperwork. When I received the paperwork it said nothing about bringing drinks on board.

I asked how they will tag our luggage or our carry ons to show that we were allowed to bring them on board and, in fact, asked how I would know that we had been approved for the exception.

They knew nothing about how it would be enforced. I also asked what is reasonable and they told me they understand we must have water and sugar free drinks and wouldn't want us to get dehydrated!

Makes you think they're really not going to police it much since they have given us nothing to tag our luggage with - and we sail in 7 1/2 days!

No, I wouldn't. That would be silly, wouldn't it? ;) I will have to drink something else, probably Sprint, if I wanted a soda, or a frozen something or other, perhaps a Corona or Red Stripe. Then I would wait for the first port, find some Pepsi and have a couple. I will probably put a few in my backpack to get me through until the next port. :D

Yumm....Red Stripe!! :D

If you're willing to resort to "plan B" then why bother smuggling at all? I'm seriously just curious about this. I've never cruised before and I never thought for a second about bringing my own beverages until I started reading CC! :)

The word "smuggling" sounds like you're doing something they don't want you to. The rules state you're allowed to bring a reasonable amount, so I wouldn't say that's smuggling. Sounds like most people are not bringing huge amounts, only what they need to be comfortable on their cruise. We brought pop and water, but only had time to finish all the water and about 2 pops a person. There's just too much going on, on the ship, to be sitting in the room drinking a coke.

We all sound like we're gonna die of thirst if we don't get our smuggled drinks on board huh ?? I'm gonna take two 6 packs of Fruit20 water, and I'm gonna take a 12 pack of Miller Genuine Draft. And if the screeners don't let me take it onboard, i'll walk out and walk back in drunker than a skunk, LOL:eek:

Here's a new one for you complainers....... Has anyone ever smuggled "FOOD" Onboard ??????

Archived