Can You Take Soda On The Ship Or Not

ace19cihl

The first episode would be Jeff Probst wrestling everyone's rolling coolers away from them before he throws them into the water :D

Well, I drink a whole heck of alot of beer - Canadian Beer - Molson Canadian. They don't serve Canadian on a ship, only Blue (which tastes like a fermented mukluk IMHO). Being the kind of rolly polly good time having Canadian I am, I roll with it and drink something else for the week. I don't up and ship my portable bar taps to Port Everglades, pick it up and roll it into my cabin along with the keg of Canadian in my checked luggage. I drink something else. Pretty simple really. For the week I survive on Corona, Fosters, Coors Light, etc and it really isn't that hard. Please try it - I assure you that you will survive. Remember too, you get off the ship 3 or 4 times in a week - make those days your "Brand X" blow out days and drink it till you puke.

Well said! Thanks my sediments exactly! The point is you are going on vacation and not having a certain brand of whatever shouldn't ruin your vacation! What is a vacation? A break away from the norm of everyday life i.e. your regular routine!;)

Well does anyone know how much it really cost to buy a soda card? and do they give discounts for multiple cards?:confused:

I think (don't quote me), it's $28 for children, and $38 for adults. Once again, not completely sure about it, so don't quote me :D

I think (don't quote me), it's $28 for children, and $38 for adults. Once again, not completely sure about it, so don't quote me :D

I depends on the length of the cruise. I believe that the current rates per day are $4.50 and $5.50.

Well said! Thanks my sediments exactly! The point is you are going on vacation and not having a certain brand of whatever shouldn't ruin your vacation! What is a vacation? A break away from the norm of everyday life i.e. your regular routine!;)

Did I say anywhere it was going to ruin my vacation? No.

Sabrette, I didn't jump all over anyone. He/She didn't understand why I couldn't just drink something I didn't like. Why would I? If you didn't like Liver and Onions, and you went somewhere for dinner and all they had was Liver and Onions, would you choke it down? I don't think so..

As always, I will bring my 2 - 20 oz 6-pack of Pepsi on board. If they take it away fine, I'll just drink the Rum I've smuggled into the cabin in my checked luggage :D

i cruise in a couple of weeks, and i will attempt to check a rolling cooler. with some caffiene free soda's and bottle water.

my cruise docs say i can bring non-alcoholic beverages.

Your cruise docs also say the rules are subject to change at any time, so any "rules" that are in there aren't worth the paper they're printed on.

I drink Diet Dr. Pepper. You can't get that on Carnival ships, so I drink Diet Coke or whatever is available. Yes it tastes different, but I can drink it for a week. IF you can't get your preferred soda on the ship, go with the flow people. You already know they don't have your brand! Drinking something else for a week won't kill you. It does not even come into consideration when I book a cruise.

Did I say anywhere it was going to ruin my vacation? No.

Sabrette, I didn't jump all over anyone. He/She didn't understand why I couldn't just drink something I didn't like. Why would I? If you didn't like Liver and Onions, and you went somewhere for dinner and all they had was Liver and Onions, would you choke it down? I don't think so..

That's a ridiculous, overboard exaggeration. You said you don't like Coke. Very well, Coke is not "all they have". You also have water, lemonade, fruit punch, tea, coffee, beer, liquor... and on and on. No one is tying you up and forcing you to drink Coke. Get real.

I drink Diet Dr. Pepper. You can't get that on Carnival ships, so I drink Diet Coke or whatever is available. Yes it tastes different, but I can drink it for a week. IF you can't get your preferred soda on the ship, go with the flow people. You already know they don't have your brand! Drinking something else for a week won't kill you. It does not even come into consideration when I book a cruise.

I don't really care about it either. I have brought Pepsi on my last 5 cruises and will bring Pepsi on this one. No problem as far as I am concerned. We drive down, so I don't have to worry about carrying it on a plane and weighing me down. It will go in the bottom of my garment bag, along with my 15 pairs of shoes and I'm sure it will be there when my luggages arrives in my cabin. My only reason for even contributing to this thread was because someone called me out for being particular about a specific food product. That's my perogative. I have the right to choose what I will eat and drink and what I won't. I have the right to be particular. I just get a little indignant when someone tells me my feelings are wrong. I had years of therapy just to find out that my feelings are mine to do with as I please and I'm not going to let it be a waste of all that money. :D

That's a ridiculous, overboard exaggeration. You said you don't like Coke. Very well, Coke is not "all they have". You also have water, lemonade, fruit punch, tea, coffee, beer, liquor... and on and on. No one is tying you up and forcing you to drink Coke. Get real.

Rob, I don't know you, and I haven't been on the boards for a while (since my last cruise last September), but since I have been back for the last couple of weeks, I have read so many mean-spirited posts by you. You seem like you always have to get a nasty dig in about everything. I'm so sorry that you seem to me to be a really unhappy person. Perhaps you need a cruise.

I would say to anyone who absolutely needs a particular beverage......just take it. Worst case scenario is they take it away from you. There are so many threads on here asking the same question. Its like the song "what part of no don't you understand"

Rob, I don't know you, and I haven't been on the boards for a while (since my last cruise last September), but since I have been back for the last couple of weeks, I have read so many mean-spirited posts by you. You seem like you always have to get a nasty dig in about everything. I'm so sorry that you seem to me to be a really unhappy person. Perhaps you need a cruise.

Wow, you have a realy bizarre sense of perception. 90,000 people on here complaining about things as trivial as water and coke vs. pepsi.

Boards full of people whining because a bottle of water costs a little over TWO LOUSY BUCKS.

People whose entire cruise experience is shattered because they can't take their Diet Mountain Dew.

All that, and somehow you see ME as the unhappy person.

Strange, indeed.

Seriously, though, I appreciate your concern, but don't you worry about me - I'm quite happy. I'm happy-go-lucky, easily amused, and refuse to get worked up over little things like whether it's going to kill me to drink Sprite for a week when I usually drink Fresca at home. Wish it were the same for everyone, though.

On a final note, sorry this post wasn't mean-spirited. If you want, though, try posting something ridiculous about how you can't live without your case of schlitz in the rolling cooler and I'll try to oblige you. ;)

unhappy no.........angry yes.....

Thanks Kurbanfan....you're right...

And, Rob, go back and read some of your posts. When I started back on the boards and read your posts, at first I thought well, maybe you were having a bad couple of days. But, every day it's the same. Perhaps, it's that old computer thing, that it's hard to tell how people are coming across in threads and posts and emails. I'm sure you're a super guy, you just don't come across that way here. Maybe some day we'll meet on a cruise and we can throw back a couple of Cokes and Pepsi's together. I'll bring the Pepsi :D

unhappy no.........angry yes.....

Why instigate? Really?

ParrotRob and sinkers are handling it very well on their own..

And if you were joking, you might think of adding in a smiley after your comment :D

Parrotrob seems to be a tell it like it is, to the point type of guy. He is intitled to his opinion just as anyone else is. It's a free country and anyone can say anything they wish. You don't have to read these boards or post anything for that matter! I think he says what alot of people are thinking but not brave enough to say!:p

I think the folks at Pepsi and Coke would love seeing how pationate people are about thier products :) I vote for Pepsi. Funny they don't have both on the ships? I never drink pop on the ships. I just like the lemonade and juice better.

But I am only speaking for myself. I think what others do is their own business, not mine.

My husband has on occasion brought beer back to stock the fridge. He has never had it taken from him. That is his thing. If he is caught I will just pretend I don't know him :) (Just kidding)

So, why all the uproar lately about whether we are "allowed" to carry on soda or water??? We've never been "allowed" to carry on alcoholic beverages..but, it doesn't stop probably 75% of us from carrying on some rum or beer. So, go packin'....carry your Pepsi, Coke, Dt Dr Pepper, Mt Dew...whatever. As for all the arguing....*****???...Linda asked whether anyone had any info on the latest about carrying on sodas...she simply said she doesn't like Coke..perfers Pepsi...why do we have to jump all over her for this?? Just like Rob has every right to post in his upfront, "no holds barred" manner...Linda has the right to say she prefers to drink Pepsi.

Thanks Kurbanfan....you're right...

And, Rob, go back and read some of your posts. When I started back on the boards and read your posts, at first I thought well, maybe you were having a bad couple of days. But, every day it's the same. Perhaps, it's that old computer thing, that it's hard to tell how people are coming across in threads and posts and emails. I'm sure you're a super guy, you just don't come across that way here. Maybe some day we'll meet on a cruise and we can throw back a couple of Cokes and Pepsi's together. I'll bring the Pepsi :D

Actually, I prefer Pepsi too, but I'll have a beer. That I bought on the ship ;)

I don't need to go back and read my posts, I wrote them. I know what they say. I'm sorry you perceive the cold, hard truth as "mean", but it doesn't make it less truth. People can try to justify things that are wrong all they want. It doesn't make it right, and sometimes being told the truth is painful, yes. That being said, if people want civility, maybe they can try showing some civility (and honesty) themselves once in a while.

By the way, if you want to kick back that cold one, meet me on the Tahitian Princess in Papeete on March 9, 2008, or the Carnival Spirit in Vancouver on July 2, 2008 :D

I just got my docs last week. In the booklet titled Welcome Aboard, they address this issue. This is word for word what it says...

Liquor & Beverage Policy

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However, wine enthusiasts may bring fine wine or champagne on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10.00 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume the wine in the dining room or a $14.00 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club. Guests may bring a small quantity of non alcoholic beverages, to be determined at the discretion of the security/embarkation personnel, will be confiscated and discarded without compensation. Guests may purchase a variety of beverages on board the ship. Alcholic beverages will be sold to anyone over the age of 21. We reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the ship's gift shops, or in ports of call will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

Happy Groundhog Day!!! I feel like Bill Murray!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Actually, I prefer Pepsi too, but I'll have a beer. That I bought on the ship ;)

I don't need to go back and read my posts, I wrote them. I know what they say. I'm sorry you perceive the cold, hard truth as "mean", but it doesn't make it less truth. People can try to justify things that are wrong all they want. It doesn't make it right, and sometimes being told the truth is painful, yes. That being said, if people want civility, maybe they can try showing some civility (and honesty) themselves once in a while.

By the way, if you want to kick back that cold one, meet me on the Tahitian Princess in Papeete on March 9, 2008, or the Carnival Spirit in Vancouver on July 2, 2008 :D

I'm all for civility and honesty. Perhaps I'm too thin-skinned. I'll take that up in my next therapy session on Tuesday. :D

i cruise in a couple of weeks, and i will attempt to check a rolling cooler. with some caffiene free soda's and bottle water.

my cruise docs say i can bring non-alcoholic beverages.

IF they take your cooler.....PLEASE do not come back here to complain :eek: :eek: ! Understand that Carnival can change the rules anytime they want...and it appears that they have.

I wish you luck - but please be aware that they can - and may take the whole cooler.

lol I was just thinking that this seems to be a repeated question, day after day after day. ;)

Happy Groundhog Day!

I think you could say that about 80% of this message board and others like it :)

It is fun to use the "search" option and type in "chair hogs" and see how many threads there has been. Good idea before you ask a question to see if it has already been answered. But then what would we all talk about? New people to this board might also like to get their opinions heard as well, not just read what we said two weeks or months ago? :)

Ok What Is The Deal Are You Allowed Or Not?

I Don't Drink Coke Products.

Is There Anybody Out There That Has Recently Been On A Carnival Cruise And Can Help Me Out I Only Bring A 12 Pack Of Diet Pepsi

No you can't take soda. You also have to dress formal on formal nights in the dining room, casual elegant on the other nights, can't save deck chairs, can't bring irons, can't smuggle booze, and can't leave you balcony door open. Anything else I forget?:rolleyes:

Archived