Can You Take Soda On The Ship Or Not

ace19cihl

No, it's not allowed. Just got back from Cruise 360 in Ft. Lauderdale and that topic came up during conversations with other agents. Supposedly, Carnival is banning any kind of drinks, even water. If they find it, they will confiscate it without any type of compensation. I understand alcohol and sodas but water? A little over the top if you ask me. But they don't search your luggage so just don't get carried away.

No' date=' it's not allowed. Just got back from Cruise 360 in Ft. Lauderdale and that topic came up during conversations with other agents. Supposedly, Carnival is banning any kind of drinks, even water. If they find it, they will confiscate it without any type of compensation. I understand alcohol and sodas but water? A little over the top if you ask me. But they don't search your luggage so just don't get carried away.[/quote']

They may not hand search it, but it all goes through x-ray before being loaded on the ship and taken to your cabin. I've watched them do it.

i cruise in a couple of weeks, and i will attempt to check a rolling cooler. with some caffiene free soda's and bottle water.

my cruise docs say i can bring non-alcoholic beverages.

It might give Carnival a reason to search your luggage , not that you have anything to hide. It's just one more delay in getting your luggage delivered. I personally would leave the sodas home. :) Although, the roll-on cooler is a good idea. That way you'll know right away whether or not to bring them.

He said take it don't go overboard (no pun intended) but take it..also in my docs I rec'd there is no change in the wording...in bothe the pamphlet you get or the actual docs (contract). I guess I look at it this way if they can hold you to the contract then you can hold them to the contract right?

I just got my docs last week. In the booklet titled Welcome Aboard, they address this issue. This is word for word what it says...

Liquor & Beverage Policy

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However, wine enthusiasts may bring fine wine or champagne on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10.00 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume the wine in the dining room or a $14.00 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club. Guests may bring a small quantity of non alcoholic beverages, to be determined at the discretion of the security/embarkation personnel, will be confiscated and discarded without compensation. Guests may purchase a variety of beverages on board the ship. Alcholic beverages will be sold to anyone over the age of 21. We reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the ship's gift shops, or in ports of call will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

I just got my docs last week. In the booklet titled Welcome Aboard, they address this issue. This is word for word what it says...

Liquor & Beverage Policy

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However, wine enthusiasts may bring fine wine or champagne on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10.00 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume the wine in the dining room or a $14.00 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club. Guests may bring a small quantity of non alcoholic beverages, to be determined at the discretion of the security/embarkation personnel, will be confiscated and discarded without compensation. Guests may purchase a variety of beverages on board the ship. Alcholic beverages will be sold to anyone over the age of 21. We reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the ship's gift shops, or in ports of call will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

Be that as it may, soon people will be receiving docs with cruise contracts that read in part:

(f). Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages onboard. However, guests (21 years and older only) may bring one bottle of wine or champagne per person on board only during embarkation.

Ok What Is The Deal Are You Allowed Or Not?

I Don't Drink Coke Products.

Is There Anybody Out There That Has Recently Been On A Carnival Cruise And Can Help Me Out I Only Bring A 12 Pack Of Diet Pepsi

Just drink the coke products. There really is no reason to be so particular about diet soda's

The official answer is No. This has been determined by the change in policy listed on the website. None of our cruise docs will have the new policy listed yet. If one is deadset on bringing about soda I would suggest playing dumb should you be questioned.. "Well my document says..."

The worst they can do is take it away.

It seems that they are testing the waters with this new policy and it is not being enforced uniformly from ship to ship. So hope you get lucky on your ship of choice.

I can see within the next few months once word has spread and the legal documentation changed to reflect the policy that we will see a crackdown on the non-alcoholic beverages being brought on board.

Just drink the coke products. There really is no reason to be so particular about diet soda's

No reason to be so particular? How about taste? To me, the taste of Coke is awful. I am a Pepsi person. I only drink Pepsi, I have stock in Pepsi, and will not drink Coke unless I'm dying of thirst and it's the only thing available.

How can you say there is no reason to be particular about our likes and dislikes. Isn't there anything you dislike the taste of? Oh...there is???? Why are you so particular???

Even though some people seem to be getting it on, it seems to be hit and miss. My opinion would be to not even try since the Carnival answer is NO.

They have Diet Pepsi on the ship! Splurge a little! :D

No Diet Pepsi on the ship. Only Coke Products. We probably wouldn't be having this discussion if they served Pepsi products. A lot of people I have seen on this board discussing it have been Pepsi drinkers who love their Pepsi, like me!

Even though some people seem to be getting it on, it seems to be hit and miss. My opinion would be to not even try since the Carnival answer is NO.

Hit or miss.....Really? I have not heard or read anywhere on here where they confiscated anyones non alcoholic beverage......maybe I'm missing something........

Hit or miss.....Really? I have not heard or read anywhere on here where they confiscated anyones non alcoholic beverage......maybe I'm missing something........

Then I used the wrong words. I meant that it's not allowed, but some people are still getting it on.

No reason to be so particular? How about taste? To me, the taste of Coke is awful. I am a Pepsi person. I only drink Pepsi, I have stock in Pepsi, and will not drink Coke unless I'm dying of thirst and it's the only thing available.

How can you say there is no reason to be particular about our likes and dislikes. Isn't there anything you dislike the taste of? Oh...there is???? Why are you so particular???

Wow, it's soda. You really need to stop jumping all over people.

So, they have Coke and not Pepsi. Drink water, drink iced tea. Is 1 week without Diet Pepsi going to kill you?

You're going on vacation--not a self-guided safari! You're going to a place that HAS drinks...relax and stop stressing over soda!

Some people need to be put on the show Survivor. I would love to see that!

I will admit I am addicted to diet coke-and yes there is a reason to be particular about what products you like. I am fortunate that Carnival sells coke products and if they didn't I would probably look for another cruise line that did and sail with them.

Some people need to be put on the show Survivor. I would love to see that!

The first episode would be Jeff Probst wrestling everyone's rolling coolers away from them before he throws them into the water :D

Strangely, I find myself trying to see the peoples side whose panties are all bunchy cause their brand of soda or water is not available and come hell or high water they will not be denied their right to Brand X. And I can't see it.

Well, I drink a whole heck of alot of beer - Canadian Beer - Molson Canadian. They don't serve Canadian on a ship, only Blue (which tastes like a fermented mukluk IMHO). Being the kind of rolly polly good time having Canadian I am, I roll with it and drink something else for the week. I don't up and ship my portable bar taps to Port Everglades, pick it up and roll it into my cabin along with the keg of Canadian in my checked luggage. I drink something else. Pretty simple really. For the week I survive on Corona, Fosters, Coors Light, etc and it really isn't that hard. Please try it - I assure you that you will survive. Remember too, you get off the ship 3 or 4 times in a week - make those days your "Brand X" blow out days and drink it till you puke.

Archived