Host Cecelia

7SeasLover

I can't get them to go in the body of my post. When the curser is there and I click on one, it jumps to the title line. What am I doing wrong?

Luanne

Hmmm....this is a new one. Never heard of this issue. For a quicker answer go to the Help board for all of CC. It's for help using this board. Maybe someone there can answer this.

I can't get them to go in the body of my post. When the curser is there and I click on one, it jumps to the title line. What am I doing wrong?

I had this problem too. It took me a while to figure it out. Click on the User CP link at the menu bar at the top of the page. Then click Edit Options on the left hand side. Scroll down to Miscellaneous Options and select Enhanced Interface. Now you should be able to add smilies.

I can't get them to go in the body of my post. When the curser is there and I click on one, it jumps to the title line.
I'm glad you've got it fixed.

But FWIW, the explanation is this:-

• There are Post Icons, which appear below the text entry box where you type your post. These appear attached to the title of your post, and also appear in the listing of threads in the forum index page.
  • Separately, there are Smilies, which appear to the right of the text entry box. These do not appear when you have the Basic Interface selected, but are there for the Standard Interface and the Enhanced Interface - and CruisinCrow has given the instructions for how to switch from one to another.

For a quicker answer go to the Help board for all of CC.
Sometimes, the Help board makes house calls. ;) :D

Archived