Anyone have any thoughts on wearing Jeans

CruisinShips

That's a good point, too. Husbands, many wives would like nothing more than to see you in black dress slacks and a nice crisp white dress shirt, especially if you have that nice Caribbean tan working for ya. ;)

That's a good point, too. Husbands, many wives would like nothing more than to see you in black dress slacks and a nice crisp white dress shirt, especially if you have that nice Caribbean tan working for ya. ;)

I totally agree! Men, do you want the waiters to look better than you in the dining room?

Well I can say that while my wife loves me in Kahkis and a polo shirt or dress shirt, but she REALLY loves me in a suit or better yet a tux.

Who am I to argue with her, she is always right.

:D You are seriously a very wise man. :D

I totally agree! Men, do you want the waiters to look better than you in the dining room?

LOL, I don't think my husband looks very good in a vest, or worst yet, a pink wig and huge sunglasses when he's dancin' on a table. But hey, we've never tried that, so who can say for sure? :p

Consensus..........right...

I like, and respect, the dress code in the dining rooms (H/A, Princesss, Carnival), especially on formal nights. While our group dresses to the nines on those nights, and in sports jackets other nights, we don't expect everyone else to, but most passengers tend to dress more seriously at dinner time. I feel that what is important is that you make a effort to dress better than you do during the day and make the dinner something special. I remember a woman in a stunning jean suit - the kind you would only wear for something special - fine with me. I have only been on a few cruises and will be on Carnival in June. On H/A about 50% dressed formally when required, and most others were at least in suits. The kids even looked at their best. The Crown Princess was less so, but most people made the effort. However, there were people who dressed in pool gear, cruddy jeans, flip flops, and tank tops (I mean, in Key Westthe, the tank top capital of the world, , the few high-end restaurants won't let you in with a tank top). I thought that this was being inconsiderate to everyone else, they made a scene, especially when placed away from the rest. I did not spoil my good time. Considering all the other places you can eat on a large ship like that, why can't those of the entitled class eat there?

:) Actually Jeans are heavy to be wearing in the heat.. Would it be ok to dine in my thong??? My chest hair is always neatly combed and I always wear my back hair up in a pony tail.:D

This sounds extremely attractive.

Do you have a photo?

Of course I would wear jeans to dinner... I need the pockets to keep my cigarettes or else how would I smoke at the table? ;)

Isn't that what a trophy wife's augmentation is used for?

Seriously though, this horse has been beat to death, brought back to life by the vet, and then beat up again and turned into glue.

Easy way to answer this question.

Do like I did. Wear jeans to dinner and find out what happens. NOTHING!!! What a disappointment. No one stared or pointed or did anything!!! The waitstaff even had the gall to treat me the same way they did when I wore a designer gown to the formal dinner.

The nerve of some people.......:p

Try the Denimnot patch. It's over the counter now. Been denim free now for over a year. Have alot more energy, sleep better. Dont have to worry about sitting in the denim only section when we go out to eat. Nice not having to put on a pair of jeans first thing in the morning for a fix. Made a big difference in packing for vacation.

Dan

Went to the local mall yesterday and picked up three cruise brochures to help fine our next cruise. The brochures were Carnival, RCI and HAL.

Going through page by page and admiring all the beautiful pictures of people having a great time there was not one picture of a person wearing jeans in any of the pics.

A suttle message from the cruise lines on dress expectations?:)

Try the Denimnot patch. It's over the counter now. Been denim free now for over a year. Have alot more energy, sleep better. Dont have to worry about sitting in the denim only section when we go out to eat. Nice not having to put on a pair of jeans first thing in the morning for a fix. Made a big difference in packing for vacation.

Dan

rotfl2.gif

some of you who think jeans are inappropriate don't go out to the trendier, more expensive, "hipper", younger restaurants too often. Because if you did, you will see that that these upscale, fine dining venues of today are not your father's restaurants and designer jeans and button down shirts are the way most of the patrons dress in nice restaurants in this century.

This whole discussion, beat to death or not, gets even more bizarre AFTER you have been on a cruise ship and you see how many people do wear jeans and look fine, and no one says a word and it is a non-issue in real life.

This whole discussion, beat to death or not, gets even more bizarre AFTER you have been on a cruise ship and you see how many people do wear jeans and look fine, and no one says a word and it is a non-issue in real life.

Sorry, never seen it so can't comment. I have no idea where these jeans wearing cruisers are but they never are on a ship I'm on.

This whole discussion, beat to death or not, gets even more bizarre AFTER you have been on a cruise ship and you see how many people do wear jeans and look fine, and no one says a word and it is a non-issue in real life

Good Point!! I see more and more, every single time I cruise. I actually think discussions like this create MORE jeans wearers than there normally would be!

Sorry, never seen it so can't comment. I have no idea where these jeans wearing cruisers are but they never are on a ship I'm on.

I can assure you they are there, so the fact you don't notice them probably means they fit in just fine!! :D

Went to the local mall yesterday and picked up three cruise brochures to help fine our next cruise. The brochures were Carnival, RCI and HAL.

Going through page by page and admiring all the beautiful pictures of people having a great time there was not one picture of a person wearing jeans in any of the pics.

A suttle message from the cruise lines on dress expectations?:)

I picked up some car brochures this weekend as well. The people were all wearing tuxedos as they were driving their cars around some exotic mountain roads at sunset. I wonder if I would feel out of place driving to work through my hometown in the mornings.

Also, speaking of the cruise brochures, how come all of those people in them are always thin and attractive? Is that a subtle message from the cruise lines on appearance expectations? :p

Nope, none nadda zippo. Just a rumor started by some to justify the farmer clothes.

I wonder how many other people on here can say they have been on cruises recently and saw NO ONE wearing jeans at all. Anyone?

"Farmer clothes"? LOL.

some of you who think jeans are inappropriate don't go out to the trendier, more expensive, "hipper", younger restaurants too often. Because if you did, you will see that that these upscale, fine dining venues of today are not your father's restaurants and designer jeans and button down shirts are the way most of the patrons dress in nice restaurants in this century.

Talk about LOL.

Trends die, thankfully or we'd all still be slicking our hair back and wearing poodle skirts.

And "more expensive" just means you're over paying for something, it isn't the same as higher priced, which usually equates better quality.

Then again most "younger" people don't understand the difference.

"Hipper"? What century is that from? :D

I wonder how many other people on here can say they have been on cruises recently and saw NO ONE wearing jeans at all. Anyone?

"Farmer clothes"? LOL.

Every cruise we have been on people wear jeans.........

For the newbies it's called reality.....

By the way what's farmer clothes:confused:

Archived