Why SO many complaints?

apfra.

Jeanne - I had many a drinks with Ernie (hi Ernie!) and group in the Commodore Club and i agree - it is the best room on the ship. Go before sundown and sit in the comfy chairs and just look out the windows with drink in hand. I wish I was back there right now!!! With reference to your 3 day trip Britannia problem - I can almost guarantee that this was due to it being a 3 day trip and it won't happen again. We experienced nothing like it and if your November trip is even half as good as our May 10th sailing, you will have the experience of a lifetime! Mo

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeanne S:

Thanks Ernie:

When we boarded I kept telling Lorraine we have to go there and we just never made it as there was so much that got in the way in only 3 days. My first time back on the ship I will be there first night. I love the Yacht Club on QE2 and was hoping it might be like this - only it is foward, not stern? The Chart Room was somewhat dissapointing - liked QE2 better.

How did you like the entertainment? I thought it much improved over QE2 and was impressed.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the Chart Room on QM2 is stunning, but I agree the same on QE2 probably has a bit more atmosphere. You know, the original piano from QM and it just seems more cozy.

The Commodore Club on QM2 is quite intimate, although we always managed to get prime seats right up front by the bar (thanks Mo!!!!). Those cream colored leather seats are just sooo comfortable. The soft piano music and sun setting make for an amazing atmosphere, all the while QM2 is plowing through the open seas. It really is something special, and the view is spectacular.

I thought the entertainment on QM2 was light years ahead of QE2. Of course QM2 has state of the art lounges and equipment to stage the entertainment. I am a show person, and I try to see the production shows on all the ships I travel on. Those on QM2 were quite good. Those on QE2 were dismal. In fact I could not bare to watch they were so bad.

I was never bored on QM2, day or night, and that statement pretty much speaks for the quality of entertainment.

Best,

Ernie

Jeanne S - I will be sailing with you on Nov. 6. Beat you to the Commodore Lounge!

Norway - 2/97;Leeward -12/97;

Grand Princess - 1/99; Leeward - 6/99; Dawn Princess - 11/99;Vision of the Seas - 6/00;Carnival Victory - 9/00; Zenith - 10/00

Mercury - 3/01; R1 -7/01; Grand Princess - 11/01; Majesty of the Seas - 12/01; Norwegian Star - 3/02;

Carnival Triumph - 7/02;

Maasdam - 11/02; Holiday - 12/02; Millennium - 4/03; Carnival Victory - 7/03; Zaandam - 8/03; Zuiderdam - 10/03; Enchantment of the Seas - 1/04; Galaxy - 3/04; QM2 - 5/04; Voyager of the Seas - 5/04

Regarding someone's comment about the dining in Brittania vs. the grills, keep in mind that Brittania has many of the same items on their menu, and the preparation in no better. The grills of course offer additional choices, and rightly so.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;6;5;18;00;00&timezone=GMT+0000

June 5th - Queen Mary 2 Westbound Transatlantic

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;11;22;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

November 22nd - Sun Princess 10 night Eastern Caribbean

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nautiboy:

Grill, shmill. I like the fish & chips in the pub the best!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Living up to your handle, nautiboy! icon_wink.gif

Crouton

Cruise Pup and Avalon:

Great - look forward to meeting you Nov 6th - we can meet in the Commodore's Lounge.

I went to the Cunard web site today and the prices for our cruise are going up. Gone is EBR (but they are stil available for the Sept Canada cruises, so its not than they are past some time frame).

I think those of us who booked at least earlier this year have gotten a good deal.

Jeanne

PS - we are B5 - what are your Categories?

Chuck&Phyllis... I am sure the food will be as good quality as Celebrity, although not sure if the service will feel as "special" as it did to me when comparing my QM2 experience to my Infinity experience. I thought the staff on QM2 were overall great and trying hard to please.. just that on Infinity it felt a lot more polished, but that could change in time.

One revelation of the QM2 though, if you like going to the spa, is Canyon Ranch. Just makes you see how "corporate" Steiner is and how so many of their employyes are drilled to sell product and push for tips. The Canyon Ranch people seem genuinely interested in your well-being and want you to feel great.

Maybe Princess running their own spas on two of their new ships and QM2 going with Canyon Ranch will finally wake up Steiner as to the way they treat people.

Archived