A different souvenir question!

EdukatedRedHed

I know there are countless "souvenir" questions, and I have copied information from all the threads I've found, but I have a more specific question. ;)

My husband and I were married in October, but our Alaskan cruise in May is our "official" honeymoon because we didn't have time to have a proper one back then. To the same effect, we haven't had time to write out our thank you notes for the gifts we received. :rolleyes: I figured another couple of months isn't going to make a difference at this point, so ....

What I'd like to do is pick up a small inexpensive, yet meaningful momento from Alaska to include in our Thank You cards with a cute "Sorry we're late" poem attached to it. :o

Does anyone have ideas as to what might fit this bill? :confused:

What about nice scented soaps with Alaskan-themed scents and names. I picked up several packs of 6 different scents at Ketchikan's Lumberjack Show gift shop, but I bet you could find similar soaps in other gift shops. The cost was just over $1 per small bar. These were big hits with my co-workers - even the guys wanted them.

Alaskan wildflower seeds--the state flower is the forget-me-not.

I think this is a WONDERFUL idea... especially since you want to let folks know you didn't forget to thank them. Alaska Forget-Me-Not seeds would be so perfect!:) :) :)

A great Forgot-You-Not!!!

I agree about the Alaska Forget-me-nots. They would cost basically nothing and if you send them in your thank you notes they do not weigh that much. Good idea.

marilyn

What about nice scented soaps with Alaskan-themed scents and names. I picked up several packs of 6 different scents at Ketchikan's Lumberjack Show gift shop, but I bet you could find similar soaps in other gift shops. The cost was just over $1 per small bar. These were big hits with my co-workers - even the guys wanted them.

I'm hoping these didn't smell like the lumberjacks!:eek: :rolleyes:

Archived