What I learned from CC

BeachTeach

I just got off my 1st cruise last Saturday. I have to say I learned lots from these board! Here is a little list of what I learned on the CC.

1. Buy a soda card! I did and it was worth every cent!

2. Bring a serge protector to plug in extra cords. This helped out a lot!

3. Get a Fun Ship cup to get drink refills.

4. There are lots of chair hogs around the main deck but if you go to the back on the ship there are will be lots of chairs.

5. Wait and get off the ship until after you've had breakfast and they call for everyone to leave.

6. Order whatever you want off the menu at dinner. I loved that!

7. Take the stairs when you can to burn calories. I only gained 0.5 pounds!

8. Downy Wrinkle Release works wonders!

The 2 things that I was too worried about from reading the boards.

1. Dressing up for formal night. There was such a wide range of how people were dressed. I was way too worried about it. My husband and I were dressed just fine.

2. Carnival excursions. I kept hearing to use an outside company. I'm glad I didn't because I would have missed one of my excursions. We were late to a port and many people who had outside excursions had to miss theirs. Another day we had bus problems and were a little late coming back. This was not a problem since it was a Carnival excursion. I'm sure the price was a little higher but I felt better knowing I would not be left. The guides did a wonderful job!

Thanks for all the help!

2. Carnival excursions. I kept hearing to use an outside company. I'm glad I didn't because I would have missed one of my excursions. We were late to a port and many people who had outside excursions had to miss theirs. Another day we had bus problems and were a little late coming back. This was not a problem since it was a Carnival excursion. I'm sure the price was a little higher but I felt better knowing I would not be left. The guides did a wonderful job!

You'll hear this a lot. One your first cruise, it's probably the best decision you can make, unless you're visiting a port you already know very well. On our 9/06 cruise, we did a mix of excursions. Three of the five port excursions were booked through RCCL (had a lot of newbies in the group and very short windows in port). The other two ports we just winged it, getting cabs and doing our own thing. BUT we made sure to be back on the ship at least one hour before it sailed!

As you cruise more (and you know you will 'cause you're hooked:p ), you'll get more comfortable and will start to look outside the cruise lines for excursions. But, based on the number of "left behind" threads, I'd still only opt for excursions that get you back well before sailing to allow for "OMG !" situations;)

I just got off my 1st cruise last Saturday. I have to say I learned lots from these board! Here is a little list of what I learned on the CC.

1. Buy a soda card! I did and it was worth every cent!

2. Bring a serge protector to plug in extra cords. This helped out a lot!

3. Get a Fun Ship cup to get drink refills.

4. There are lots of chair hogs around the main deck but if you go to the back on the ship there are will be lots of chairs.

5. Wait and get off the ship until after you've had breakfast and they call for everyone to leave.

6. Order whatever you want off the menu at dinner. I loved that!

7. Take the stairs when you can to burn calories. I only gained 0.5 pounds!

8. Downy Wrinkle Release works wonders!

The 2 things that I was too worried about from reading the boards.

1. Dressing up for formal night. There was such a wide range of how people were dressed. I was way too worried about it. My husband and I were dressed just fine.

Thanks for all the help!

Good post and I like it......

What I learnd is a little different anymore......Hope you don't mind........

Don't get involved in threads that contain anything that might involve.....

1-Smoking

2-Irons

3-Attire

4-Jeans

5-Pools and toddlers

6-Smuggling (liquor/water/soda)

7-Passport ?

I try to avoid these and many questions .....Always a debate......

As you cruise more (and you know you will 'cause you're hooked:p ), you'll get more comfortable and will start to look outside the cruise lines for excursions. But, based on the number of "left behind" threads, I'd still only opt for excursions that get you back well before sailing to allow for "OMG !" situations;)

First cruise, first port, first time out of the U.S. - had one of those OMG situations in Grand Cayman. :eek: :eek: :eek: I'll keep doing independent excursions but only if it's a shorter one.

Archived