Freedom Of The Seas - Jade/Sushi Menu

Does anyone have any recent pictures/scanned images of the Jade Menu and/or Sushi Menu on the Freedom of the Seas? I understand that on other ships there is a per charge per item and the hours of operation are detailed on the cruise compass.

I've been able to find pictures of menus from 2006 on the Mariner but I understand pricing can be different ship to ship.

For those that have eaten/tried the Jade Menu and/or Sushi Menu, what were your observations / opinions? Was it worth it? Would you visit it more than once? Was it an alternative to main dining and/or lunch? Any specials? Any all-you-can-eat alternatives?

Thanks in advance cruise critic members you are all the best and this site is awesome.

The only ship that has a charge for Jade is Monarch of the Seas. On Freedom, Jade is just part of the windjammer and doesn't have much to offer that is any different than the rest of the Windjammer. For breakfast and lunch it is just and extension of the same stuff in the rest of Windjammer, and for dinner they have a few rolls (non fish) and some other asian items. Nothing to spectactular. I believe for lunch one day, they had some Indian food. Monarch is the only ship that has a seperate Jade menu. Sorry.

Thanks for the info, I also showed Monarch having a different menu from searching for it. I also found rumors of people saying they were going to shut Jade down in place of a larger Johnny Rockets area, but I don't see any confirmation on that.

Does anyone still have the list of sushi offered (regardless of it being free/charged)? If not, is there a menu of what is actually served as an extension on Freedom? Is the Indian Food a Butter Chicken dish or Samosas?

• 4 years later...

Any recent info on the quality of the sushi? The last cruise I was on (MS Westerdam, HAL), the rice in the rolls had that grainy, refrigerated consistency. Perhaps that's something that's common to all cruise sushi?

The only "sushi" you will see will be at dinner in the WJ on Freedom. There are usually very good Asian dishes throughout the week for lunch and dinner in the Jade area of WJ. I love Indian food and RCI does a good job with those dishes.

Jade is the first buffet station as you enter windjammer, no separate resistant, but at night you get nice table cloth and silverware! Not a sushi fan but saw a lot of people eating it- I am stir fry/noodle fan and I LOVED the noodles- on the night we went to chops (also at the entrance to windjammer on freedom) we fed the kids at WJ and then went. I ALMOST liked the stir fry and noodles I sampled from my 2 year olds plate more than my filet, almost!

If not, is there a menu of what is actually served as an extension on Freedom? Is the Indian Food a Butter Chicken dish or Samosas?

We always go to the Jade section on the ships. I have seen butter chicken, various curries, lamb, chicken, poppadoms, naan, vegetarian curries. I'm pretty sure that samosas are served one night on the MDR menu, and I have seen them in the concierge lounge. There is usually a vegetarian Indian selection on the nightly MDR menu.

Often there are Indian cooks in the kitchen, and if you ask your waiter, they will make you some Indian dishes. They offered this to us one time when we said we liked Indian food.

My kids have tried the sushi offered in WJ and they weren't thrilled. It was mainly vegetable sushi, and I think one had ham in it.

unless they are fishing on the ship, I don't see how there can be good sushi on a cruise lol

But if you mean vegan sushi... it's possible but I don't consider that sushi :o

Vegetable meaning carrots and cucumber.

Any recent info on the quality of the sushi? The last cruise I was on (MS Westerdam, HAL), the rice in the rolls had that grainy, refrigerated consistency. Perhaps that's something that's common to all cruise sushi?

I was just on the Majesty and they were rolling them fresh as we stood in line. They were pretty good actually !!:p

Watch this, in HD if you can:

She says "Freedom" at the beginning but "Liberty of the Seas" at the end. I think it is the Freedom of the Seas, but the two ships are pretty much identical, I think. You can go to the evening buffet for free sushi even if you also go to the MDR.

Archived