Taking Bags Off in Seattle for Limo Service??

SakeDad

We have a car booked for when we arrive in Seattle to take us to the airport. I assume the BEST course is to keep our bags with us in the cabin, check out as late as possible as our flight is not until 12:40p and I have the car picking us up at 10:00am. As we plan on leaving the ship around 9:45am-10am do you think we'll still encounter a crowd trying to disembark or should the bulk of pax be gone by then??

The majority of the passengers SHOULD be off the ship by that time. As a rule HAL tries to start the disembarkation process around 8:30 so that they can get everyone off as quickly as possible. They want to get the ship ready for the next group of passengers.

I assume the BEST course is to keep our bags with us in the cabin, check out as late as possible as our flight is not until 12:40p and I have the car picking us up at 10:00am.
The intent of allowing the do-it-yourself baggage handling is, I believe, for the pax who wish to get off very early and not interfere with the majority getting off later without baggage. It would be a nightmare if it became a wide-spread practice for most of the 1900 people to try to get their luggage off themselves in a 2-hour period instead of allowing the stewards to do it overnight! :eek:

I suggest that you tell HAL that your flight is earlier than actual, so that your baggage will be off and waiting for you when you get off with just small hand baggage at 9:45 or thereabouts. :)

Why would you keep your luggage with you aboard ship?

It will be at the pier waiting for you - and it really takes less than than 5 minutes to find everything (should you travel as heavily-laden and with as many pieces of luggage as I)

I would not keep my bags in my cabin but instead, I would check the "independent traveller - made my own arrangements" box on the disembarkation sheet you'll get on the 2nd or 3rd day of your cruise. Doing that will put you in one of the last (if not the last) groups to leave the ship. Getting into the terminal, since you will be that last group, you'll have no prob finding your luggage which Brian will be more than happy to haul on his back and carry to your limo. Have a great trip/cruise!

The pick up area in Seattle is just a few feet from the side door of the baggage area. Our bags were over by the side door waiting for us and the cab area was very convenient. We had a half area window for independent travelers and were off the ship by 9am, to the Herz office and on the road by 9:30. Westerdam was very organized and baggage area at the port in Seattle was superb.

BTW I hated the confusion at the airport coming in, and the service for the shuttle to the hotel was awful. We arrived at 1:30 and almost missed our limo pick-up for the dinner train at 5:30. If we had known we would have arranged private transportation for arrival.

GN

The pick up area in Seattle is just a few feet from the side door of the baggage area. Our bags were over by the side door waiting for us and the cab area was very convenient. We had a half area window for independent travelers and were off the ship by 9am, to the Herz office and on the road by 9:30. Westerdam was very organized and baggage area at the port in Seattle was superb.

BTW I hated the confusion at the airport coming in, and the service for the shuttle to the hotel was awful. We arrived at 1:30 and almost missed our limo pick-up for the dinner train at 5:30. If we had known we would have arranged private transportation for arrival.

GN

Thanks for the "independent traveler" tip Copper!

As for coming into SEA I have the limo driver meeting us in baggage claim w/ a sign ($10 more but worth it) so we don't have to search for him with our bags. Taking us to the hotel then we take a cab from hotel to ship the next day and have the limo company taking us from ship to SEA when we get back.

...you'll have no prob finding your luggage which Brian will be more than happy to haul on his back and carry to your limo.*

ME?!?!

I don't carry my own luggage...

BTW - Nobody says you have to complete the disembarcation forms.* I never bother to complete the forms anymore as I am always happy to leave last.*

Archived