I'm Impressed

Recently we decided to cash in some cruise points so I had my certificate in hand when I made our reservation on SOS 6/11/07. I mailed it in priority with delivery confirmation on 5/8, received 5/10. Today I went to my reservation and saw that it was already processed and I could print my Set Sail pass - so we're ready to go! Thanks RCI for processing so promptly! :D :D :D :D

Ok, this may be a naive question, but I'm asking it anyway... :o How do you get 'cruise points'? Are those points you accumulate from a RCCL Visa? Or, is it from something else?

There are many items you can use the points for. . . Here are a few . . .

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

1. 5,000 Royal Points (choice of one)

• Fifty dollar ($50.00) on board credit

• On board amenity (choice of one)

• Two Royal Caribbean International waffle woven robes ($64 value)

• Picnic basket for two ($58 value)

• Upgrade, on a 3 or 4 Night Bahamas or Baja sailing, from an inside stateroom for 2 to an outside stateroom for 2 (excluding suites).

Value of upgrade may not exceed one hundred dollars ($100).

• Royal Packet - includes 2 Royal Caribbean International towels, 2 disposable cameras, and 2 messenger bags ($50 value).*

• Royal Wear - includes 2 Royal Caribbean International Polo Shirts and 2 baseball caps ($50 value).*

* To receive the Royal Packet and Royal Wear Rewards, please mail Reward Coupon(s) directly to Royal Caribbean International at the

address indicated below. The merchandise will be mailed to the address you provide on the Reward Coupon.

2. 15,000 Royal Points (choice of one)

• Upgrade on a 5 or 7 Night Caribbean or Mexican Riviera September - May sailing stateroom for 2 (inside to outside). Value of

upgrade may not exceed three hundred dollars ($300).

• Grand Romance Package - includes Welcome Aboard bottle of Veuve Cliquot Champagne and canapés for 2; fresh-cut flowers; two

Royal Caribbean International waffle woven robes; breakfast for 2 delivered to your stateroom; predinner canapés and after-dinner

sweets (2 formal nights only); and a formal 8" x 10" portrait in our signature silver-plated frame ($250 value).

• One hundred fifty dollar ($150.00) Royal Caribbean International cruise discount.

3. 25,000 Royal Points (choice of one)

• Free Companion Fare on a 3 or 4 Night Bahamas or Baja sailing stateroom (outside only). Value of free companion fare may not

exceed five hundred dollars ($500).

• Upgrade on a 5 or 7 Night Caribbean or Mexican Riviera sailing stateroom for 2 (outside to balcony). Value of upgrade may not

exceed five hundred dollars ($500).

• Upgrade on a 5 or 7 Night Caribbean or Mexican Riviera June - August sailing stateroom for 2 (inside to outside). Value of upgrade

may not exceed five hundred dollars ($500).

4. 50,000 Royal Points (choice of one)

• Free 3 or 4 Night Bahamas or Baja sailing stateroom for 2 (outside only). Value of free cruise fare for 2 may not exceed one thousand

dollars ($1,000).

• Five hundred dollar ($500.00) Royal Caribbean International cruise discount.

5. 75,000 Royal Points

• Free Companion Fare on a 5 or 7 Night Caribbean or Mexican Riviera sailing stateroom (outside only). Value of free companion fare

may not exceed fifteen hundred dollars ($1,500).

And how does one earn 'one' point? Does $1 equal 1 point?

And all charges to RCCL (cruise fare, excursions, paying on-board account) receive an additional 'bonus' point. So basically, you receive 2 points for every $1 spent with RCCL.

Also, the "biggie" reward is a 7-night cruise for 2 that you can earn at 125,000 points.

Wow, I'm really jealous that we can't use this in Canada. We charge everything so we can get Aeroplan points on Air Canada and usually get enough for a couple of free flights a year, but I think I'd rather get cruises!

Viv

Jane :D

As soon as I hear something for sure I will let all the UK Cruisers know...hopefully by next weekend :D

Keep those fingers crossed :D

Hi Liz

Am keeping everything crossed for some good news on RCCL letting us UK users have a card. Keep us posted.

Chubbas XX

Wow, I'm really jealous that we can't use this in Canada. We charge everything so we can get Aeroplan points on Air Canada and usually get enough for a couple of free flights a year, but I think I'd rather get cruises!

Viv

Viv, money is money. :) What you don't have to spend on your flights TO the cruise, you can spend ON your cruise.

I don't have this CC and have no intention of getting one. I have a card that gives me CASH BACK every single month, and that's my favorite. I use another that gives reward points, including double and triple points on certain purchases, and I can redeem those for hotel stays, air flights, and assorted merchandise.

I'm content. ;)

Archived