Journey Deck 7 Self Laundry

1cruiselvr

Did anyone that just got off the Journey check out deck seven to see if the self-laundry room is still there? It was there as a Ren ship and it would be nice to have the convenience of one. Thanks.

We were in cabin 7082. I never saw any self laundry room. I think it was removed.

Did anyone that just got off the Journey check out deck seven to see if the self-laundry room is still there? It was there as a Ren ship and it would be nice to have the convenience of one. Thanks.

I doubt if it would still be there. I don't think they have laundry rooms on any of their ships.

One of the few 'bargins' on Celerity is their laundry/cleaning service - I pay more in Miami. Who wants to spend time in a laundry room anyway??

I don't spend time there. I put my clothing in the washer and mark the time to return for the dry cycle. This done during 'down' time on the cruise and helps keep the packing to the minimum. Just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it's not there. On HAL ships, the self laundry room looks like a cabin door unless you read the sign on it. I'm hoping someone specifically looked for the self laundry room in the spot it was located when it was a Ren ship. There is no purpose to pulling it as that spot can't be used for anything else. So unless the previous owners pulled it out, then it should be there. Happy Sailing!

There is no purpose to pulling it as that spot can't be used for anything else. So unless the previous owners pulled it out, then it should be there. Happy Sailing!

It is about the size of an inside cabin - perhaps they are getting more revenue for this space now.

Maybe if they are that deperate to put in another inside cabin that they have a hard time selling in the first place. But Princess didn't remove it on their Tahitian or Pacific Princess and I'm glad they didn't. Some of us pack less and choose to wash. Happy Sailing!

I viewed the Pacific Princess deck plan and compared the layout to the Azamara deck plan. It just shows blank hallway area where Princess shows the laundromat.

It would appear they went with consistency instead of convenience. (More people would use the laudromat then the 'butlers'!)

nlvc12

There are no self laundrys on any Celebrity ship and Journey is now for all practical purposes a Celebrity ship. We booked her yesterday and according to the person who helped me, there is absolutely NO laundrys.

Be careful, wear somethings twice and take 'em home dirty. Downtime?

on a cruise?

J.

Maybe if they are that deperate to put in another inside cabin that they have a hard time selling in the first place. But Princess didn't remove it on their Tahitian or Pacific Princess and I'm glad they didn't. Some of us pack less and choose to wash. Happy Sailing!

I don't think they have a hard time selling anything, let alone an inside cabin.

Celebrity ships seems to be pretty much sold out when you sail on them.

Well on this ship, inside is VERY small. Everybody keeps quoting Celebrity stats but these ships were not designed by X and therefore the X rules don't necessarily apply. I would only book an inside on one of these ships, if it's the only cabin I could afford. Happy Sailing!

I'm sure that's why they have insides... because sometimes that is all someone can afford.If they build enough of them in very limited space, the profit potential is quite high and they are in the business of making money.I do suppose it's hard to actually know until you see them.

For those agonizing over the loss of the laundry room on Azamara, here is an excerpt from a recent CC Review of Oceania's Insignia:

"I haven't mentioned the one thing that really was a disaster, and it's really a small thing - the laundry room. Oh, the drama and angst that accompany this little chore. The only way to avoid this on such a long trip is to travel heavy or use the expensive ship's laundry ($1 for a pair of socks, etc). There are four washers and four dryers on this ship for the approximately 680 passengers. There is never a time when the laundry can be accessed without a wait in line (and it is not open 24 hours). The machines each take 43 minutes. People using these facilities are hot, annoyed, and often unpleasant. Little skirmishes break out over arcane rules regarding how many machines one can have at a time, when you are required to stay, etc. Beware!"

See what? Do you mean an inside cabin? If so, I have seen them, sailed on this ship 2x in the past. SMALL. VERY SMALL. TOO SMALL FOR ME. Happy Sailing!

They may be too small for you but they may not be for some on a limited budget and the profit per square foot is very high. There are accomodations for everyone it's why they make vanilla and chocolate, what appeals to some,does not for others.Just saying that MAYBE they are going for pretty much a no problem inside cabin that may be too small for you but not for someone else and that they DO sell, instead of dealing with maintanence problems, plumbing problems,unhappy cruisers, etc,etc,etc.

I've used they laundry on Princess myself but if there isn't one...oh well, I pack a little extra,be more careful,wear some casual outfits twice and wash my "delicates" out in the sink,if need be.

Although a previous poster complains about the hot cramped laundry on Oceania's Insignia, my experiences on O's Nautica and Regatta were not unpleasant.

On Regatta they even had a working TV and a comfy sofa in the laundry room, and one could "park" while waiting for the load to finish (or wait for a machine to free up).

Nautica's laundry room did not have the TV, and if memory is correct, had a couple of upholstered chairs in lieu of the sofa.

On both of the ships, I was able to get into the laundry room without a long wait - perhaps my timing was good.

Although a previous poster complains about the hot cramped laundry on Oceania's Insignia, my experiences on O's Nautica and Regatta were not unpleasant.

On Regatta they even had a working TV and a comfy sofa in the laundry room, and one could "park" while waiting for the load to finish (or wait for a machine to free up).

I agree ...we did several trips to the laundry on Regatta if you timed it right there was no fighting or line -ups

I wonder if anyone actually went to see if AZAMARA has one??

Maybe the next cruise someone can have a look

Deck seven port side near cabin 7076

I had occasion to speak with Azamara today (I am a TA). I can confirm that there are/will be NO self-service launderettes on board Journey and Quest. They offer laundry/pressing/dry cleaning services for a charge.

Did you happen to find out how much progress they made in finishing the ship, leaving on the 26th getting nervous reading all the negitve reviews.

I had occasion to speak with Azamara today (I am a TA). I can confirm that there are/will be NO self-service launderettes on board Journey and Quest. They offer laundry/pressing/dry cleaning services for a charge.

TOO bad...I guess we will stick with O for longer cruises! :(

There must be something else tipping the scales in favor of O for you, other than laundry facilities

When the Journey starts longer sailings in excess of 10 or 12 days the lack of the passenger laundry facilities will become rather apparent. Undertaking a world cruise and forcing the passengers to pay the high laundry fees won't sit well with most of them.

As far as tipping the scales for O - Azamara was conceived as an attempt to be a mirror image of O and ride the coattails of O's success. Until they prove equivalency or better in all areas the scales are indeed heavily tipped in O's favor in my opinion. The extremely negative start Azamara received as well as some of the misperceptions of quality/service (i.e. plastic pool deck chairs and their whole Butler/Room Steward issue) will not be easy to overcome for them.

First impressions are very long lasting and Azamara has provided a whopper of a first impression to everybody.

Archived