Dr. Pepper?

I'm not a Pepper, but my DH is! :D He asked me if there was Dr.P on the ship, and I honestly don't remember! I only drink water, so I've never paid attention to the soft drinks available. When I searched on it, all I got was talk about Dr. P on one of the Saints and Sinners threads. So ...

Is there Dr. Pepper on Carnival ships? ;)

:D Well, it's kinda complicated to explain. Coke came out w/Mr. Pibb to have something like Dr. Pepper. Then Coca-Cola Consolidated (not Coca-Cola Company) bought out Dr. Pepper. Now, why exactly they don't carry Dr. Pepper on their ships is out of my range of knowledge.:D

Wonder why they dont have Dr. Pepper. It is a Coke product.

It's actually an independant! ;) It depends on what region of the country you're in as to who bottles it. Coke does here in the South, but I think Pepsi does in other regions. Dr. P is like a bar-room door ... it swings both ways! :p

A true Dr. Pepper-holic would definetly know the difference in DP and Mr. Pibb. If you take a cruise in Europe you can forget finding Dr. Pepper anywhere.

Linda

no but they have mr. pibb which is close

We went on the Sensation last summer & never saw any Mr Pibb. I'm a Dr Pepper drinker & I didn't know the ships did not serve Dr Pepper.

On our first 7 day cruise, our sweet tablemates shared their's with me in the dining room & I managed to do without for 4 days on the next cruise. My DH joked about what I was going to do without Dr Pepper for our upcoming 7 day cruise & I told him I was bringing my own. I'm not taking any chances.:D

A true Dr. Pepper-holic would definetly know the difference in DP and Mr. Pibb.........

Linda

That is so true. But if there is no Dr Pepper & only Mr Pibb, I'll take it!

A true Dr. Pepper-holic would definetly know the difference in DP and Mr. Pibb. If you take a cruise in Europe you can forget finding Dr. Pepper anywhere.

Linda

My DH agrees! He'd rather have Diet Coke over Mr. Pibb any day! :p I can see how you, being from TX, would definitely prefer Dr.P over Mr.P!!

Linda

I can't taste the difference. They both taste like mud to me. :D :D

Pepsi-aholic here.

It's actually an independant! ;) It depends on what region of the country you're in as to who bottles it. Coke does here in the South, but I think Pepsi does in other regions. Dr. P is like a bar-room door ... it swings both ways! :p

Actually, that is not true anymore. Dr. Pepper is a coca cola company now, and is fully owned by coca cola, as listed on their website under brands.

Coca Cola Consolidated (a bottler) bottles Dr. Pepper for a lot of regions. In other places it's bottled by Pepsi (it is in our local area.) Was interesting as we traveled that the bottle shape changed between the style Pepsi uses and Coke uses for their 20-24oz ones depending on which company bottled in which market.

There's also no Diet Mr. Pibb, so if you're a diet DP drinker, bring it with you on the ship.

Just an FYI...

from drpepper.com :

Corporate Information

Dr Pepper is the oldest major soft drink in America.

Originally made in Morrison's Old Corner Drug Store in Waco, Texas, the drink's unique flavor was a hit when it was first sold in 1885. Wade Morrison, the drug store owner, named it 'Dr. Pepper' after Dr. Charles Pepper, a Virginia doctor who was a father of a girl Morrison was once in love with. (The period after Dr was dropped in the 1950s.)

Dr Pepper was introduced to millions of visitors at the 1904 St. Louis World's Fair, where it was an instant success. Other major food products introduced at the exposition included the ice cream cone, hot dog rolls and hamburger buns.

Following this debut, Dr Pepper grew to be one of America's biggest refreshment treats.

In 1986 the Dr Pepper company merged with the Seven Up Company to form Dr Pepper/ Seven-Up, Inc which was later acquired, in 1995, by Cadbury Schweppes plc. It would become the largest operating division of the non-cola beverages firm,

Dr Pepper/Seven Up, Inc.

Still one of the world's favorite soft drinks, Dr Pepper has always remained original, showing its appreciation and commitment to diversity by sponsoring multicultural programs.

For example, Dr Pepper takes pride in donating corporate patronage to the Hispanic Heritage Awards Foundation, a non-profit organization established in 1987. Dr Pepper supports the foundation in its mission to promote Hispanic Excellence, award educational scholarships and create community outreach programs.

London-based Cadbury Schweppes plc acquired the Dr Pepper/Seven-Up Corporation in early 1995 at the largest division of the non-cola global beverages firm.

Actually, that is not true anymore. Dr. Pepper is a coca cola company now, and is fully owned by coca cola, as listed on their website under brands.

As an employee of Coca Cola Enterprises, I can say that Dr. Pepper is NOT a Coca Cola product. It is owned by Cadbury Schwepps which is also 7-Up. In areas where Pepsi/7-Up distribute Pepper, Coke has Pibb in that area. Coke and Pepsi both produce Pepper. When I was in Wichita, Coke distributed cans and bottles of Pepper to grocery/convience stores whereas Pepsi distributed the BIBS (Bag in box) for fountain drinks. In Atlanta (North Metro Sales Center) we carried both Pepper and Pibb, but could only distribute Pepper in one location out of our sales center and that was for Acworth, GA. Every other location out of our sales center we distributed Pibb and not Pepper as Pepsi had the rights in those areas.

Since I have moved to Florida, our sales center here distributes Seagrams mixers (Tonic, Club, Ale) and Pepsi distributes Schwepps. In Atlanta we distributed Schwepps but Pepsi didn't distribute Seagrams.

Thank You BBiles and tookiepetie. They had me thinking I was going nuts. Those are the products I buy and I only get them when 7-Up products are on sale:D I stock upon them as, I don't buy anything when coke (a little of the new diet flavors) and pepsi are on sale. I drink a lot of the diet rite and diet dc pepper

All true. lol Pepsi distributes Dr Pepper here (ohio) Coke has Mr. Pibb. Can't drink soft drinks in Europe because they use a different(read nasty aftertaste) unrefined sugar. Drank Mr Pibb on ship drank orangina in europe. It's carbonated orange juice. Pretty good.

Archived