AFT cabin on the Star ?

jayjayp

which is best and why, aft cabin or a side balcony cabin?

Personally we love the aft cabins, the views are terrific.......and you get the smell of fresh baked bread a couple times a day. The aft balconies have very little wind.

The best balcony as far as size goes are the 2 on deck 10 aft.....which are almost 100 sq feet......at least double the size of the side balconies.

Check out #10230 or #10730...........they do book up fast, but if they are available grab one.:)

DH & I had 10730 on our 9/06 Alaskan cruise. It was awesome.

Actually have a photo of DH suntanning on the balcony with the glaciers behind him. No wind. Sun above us.

Night views were spectacular as the Big Dipper was in the sky right outside our balcony doors.

If you can snag one of these balconies, take them in a minute over a side balcony.

Dianne

Hi CrusinfromMN, i am just curious does the AD Cabin have the bathtub next to the window like the AB Cabin ??? Also i have an AE booked for Sept 29th on the Star. I looked on line and No AD's available. My DH is considering upgrading to an AB but i love the AFT, so i am not sure if i want to move. What do u think ???

minimom:) :) :)

Hi CrusinfromMN, i am just curious does the AD Cabin have the bathtub next to the window like the AB Cabin ??? Also i have an AE booked for Sept 29th on the Star. I looked on line and No AD's available. My DH is considering upgrading to an AB but i love the AFT, so i am not sure if i want to move. What do u think ???

AE and AD's on the STAR don't have the large bathrooms like an AB would have.....no windows in the bathrooms.

The AE and AD are exactly the same cabin layout and size.......just the AD's are on higher decks and have a bit larger balcony.

We love the aft, and the AE/AD balconies are larger than the AB's.

For the 2 of you I would stick with the AE and save the extra $ for shore excursion.

Hi immargaret, thanks for the info. i think we will stick with the AD. We had an AC on the Star in 2004. It had a hugh balcony but it was just too windy to use while u are under way. We will not book a cabin on the stern (bow) again. Thanks again for the info.

Hi immargaret, thanks for the info. i think we will stick with the AD. We had an AC on the Star in 2004. It had a hugh balcony but it was just too windy to use while u are under way. We will not book a cabin on the stern (bow) again. Thanks again for the info.

Here's a different opinion. I would take the AB over the AD or AE in the back of the ship. The AB layout and bathroom is to die for. The AB has exceptional space, beautiful shower and whirlpool overlooking the ocean, separate bedroom from the living area. For us, this outweighs the large balcony. The AC's that you speak of are on the front, while AB's are on the side. But, I'm with you we would never book an AC because of the wind problem.

Agree. Don't think we'd ever book a stern balcony. Have been on one once with a CC member during sail away. Too windy. It did have a lot of space, but we enjoyed our aft balcony much more. You still get to see everything the stern balcony people see, you just see it a bit later.

Dianne

I have two new questions about the aft cabins:

Has anyone found the aft cabins on deck 9 to be "hot spots" since they are near the Internet cafe? (I will try it in July). The Pearl has the in room internet access from what I have been reading, but the Star does not.

It appears from the photos brunolr has posted that the aft cabins on both the port and starbord side do not enjoy the wrap around balconies that deck 8 and 9 offer. Right?

There are two things for certian, the aft cabins do not get the wind and the view is awesome on any ship.

Mahalo for your comments.

Here's a different opinion. I would take the AB over the AD or AE in the back of the ship. The AB layout and bathroom is to die for. The AB has exceptional space, beautiful shower and whirlpool overlooking the ocean, separate bedroom from the living area. For us, this outweighs the large balcony. The AC's that you speak of are on the front, while AB's are on the side. But, I'm with you we would never book an AC because of the wind problem.

I have to agree. I love the aft cabins. The AE is normally 1000s less then an AB. That said I have taken 3 upsells from aft cabins to ABs.

I have two new questions about the aft cabins:

Has anyone found the aft cabins on deck 9 to be "hot spots" since they are near the Internet cafe? (I will try it in July). The Pearl has the in room internet access from what I have been reading, but the Star does not.

It appears from the photos brunolr has posted that the aft cabins on both the port and starbord side do not enjoy the wrap around balconies that deck 8 and 9 offer. Right?

There are two things for certian, the aft cabins do not get the wind and the view is awesome on any ship.

Mahalo for your comments.

We had cabin 9238 (BA aft balcony) and I tried to connect to the internet in the cabin and it didn't work. But since the Internet Cafe was just down the hall it was easy to just walk down there...and it's easy to access the cafe too...there is a door in the hallway that opens right into the cafe.

We're looking seriously at the Star for a fall Mexican cruise.

We have been considering an EA aft Penthouse.

The problem we have had is that the there is no photo available of the Star AE on the NCL website except for a small one attached to the deck plan part of the site. It appears that the AE on the aft is a two room suite...sitting room and separate bedroom.

From what folks are saying here, it seems that this is not the case. Can any of you straighten me out on this.

We're convinced that this is the ship and itinerary we want...we just want to make sure that we choose the best Penthouse for us....(and that the "chronic" engine problems people talk about are not serious as they sound!) We don't mind spending more money on a suite....but we do only want to spend as much as we have to have to get a nice suite.

Thanks for your help.

Tom&Deb:)

The problem we have had is that the there is no photo available of the Star AE on the NCL website except for a small one attached to the deck plan part of the site. It appears that the AE on the aft is a two room suite...sitting room and separate bedroom.

From what folks are saying here, it seems that this is not the case. Can any of you straighten me out on this.

We're convinced that this is the ship and itinerary we want...we just want to make sure that we choose the best Penthouse for us....(and that the "chronic" engine problems people talk about are not serious as they sound!) We don't mind spending more money on a suite....but we do only want to spend as much as we have to have to get a nice suite.

Thanks for your help.

The AE is one large room with bed, sitting area and dining area. Click the link in my signature for pictures of an AE on the Star

Thanks for your help.

I have Pictures of suite 8170 AE from the star it's a 1 room suite with a curtain around the bed we loved it. and that suite has a wraparound balcony around the side which by the way is the bakery side of the ship I can still smell the bread if I close my eye's yumm. here's the link to the pictures http://community.webshots.com/user/3dblouder

Hope this helps.

3dblouder

I am sorry again for again for using the wrong word for the BOW. As an owner of a 38' bayliner i knew that there was another name for the front other than pointy end or BOW but stern came out on my thread instead of foward. Being a ditsy blonde sometimes the wrong terminology comes out. Sorry if i got my fellow boaters feather ruffeled.

I am sorry again for again for using the wrong word for the BOW. As an owner of a 38' bayliner i knew that there was another name for the front other than pointy end or BOW but stern came out on my thread instead of foward. Being a ditsy blonde sometimes the wrong terminology comes out. Sorry if i got my fellow boaters feather ruffeled.

Don't worry. Be happy! Nothing blonde about it. Some posters think they have to correct everything on these posts.

Personally when I'm on a cruise the only directions and terms I need to know are food -- this way -- and cabin -- that way. And after 18 cruises in a few short years, DH & I still find us at the wrong end of the ship for either of those options at times.:D And after a night of enjoying foo-foo drinks or other libations on the ship, we've had times when had to think what deck our cabin is on.:eek:

Dianne

Thank u Dianne, i was realy felling like i commited a major crime. I agree with u. My motto is life is short so enjoy yourself and do not sweat the small stuff. I can not wait to meet u in 4 months. i love to surround myself around positive people. I am very busy now helping my daughter with wedding stuff (2 weeks ta go),then i can breath an focus on the upcomming cuise.

see ya soon

Archived