Superior Balcony Cabin on Mariner

As far as cabins go, they are pretty good sized. The one thing that I was pleased about was the amount of closet space. There were 3 of us and we had plenty of room for all of our stuff. We had an inside cabin on the Enchantment. It was the best time I had while on a cruise but the cabin was too small for me. I think that is one of the reasons people say "you don't spend much time in your cabin." Probably going to take a hit from the "insiders" for that one:o

We have had 8350, which is the same cabin on the starboard side of the ship.

This cabin has loads of closet and storage space, plus there is a full-sized sofa in addition to the vanity area. In other cabins you will have a smaller closet, far fewer shelves, and a loveseat instead.

We found that this was a terrific location - relatively close to the stairs and elevator, but far enough away that you didn't get a lot of foot traffic or noise from the elevator lobbies.

We will have our first Superior Ocean view on our Hawaii Cruise on the Radiance, 9056. Although the Deluxe ocean View had done well our past 3 cruises we decided to move up a notch. Looking forward to seeing the room. Weill be 10 rooms forward of the Lifts.

We had 7650 which is the same cabin, one level down. It was in an excellent location, and the cabin size was more than adequate for the four of us. We LOVED the balcony, and spend a good amount of time out there, esp in the evenings, and during the day when the pool area was too sunny and crowded.

We had 7650 which is the same cabin, one level down. It was in an excellent location, and the cabin size was more than adequate for the four of us. We LOVED the balcony, and spend a good amount of time out there, esp in the evenings, and during the day when the pool area was too sunny and crowded.

Hi Donna,

By any chance do you have a picture with the sofabed pulled out? I am trying to see how much room we would have.... there will be 3 of us in the cabin.

Thanks,

Jenn (also from LI)

OK, are the Mariner balconies bigger than the explorer? They were docked behind us in St Thomas and they looked bigger as they were built off of the superstructure of the ship. This also allowed them to be glass all they way to the floor allowing better viewing.

I was just wondering if they changed the design somewhat after the Explorer was built to give more balcony room.

Thanks

Hi Donna,

By any chance do you have a picture with the sofabed pulled out? I am trying to see how much room we would have.... there will be 3 of us in the cabin.

Thanks,

Jenn (also from LI)

Hi Jenn, I don't have a photo, but there's plenty of room. The steward opens the sofabed while you are at dinner, so it remains closed during the day. It different than most sofabeds - you lay horizonally (with your head by one armrest and your feet by the other) so the width of the sofa is longer than the length it extends out. (does that make sense?)

We're from Bethpage/Plainedge on LI

OK, are the Mariner balconies bigger than the explorer? They were docked behind us in St Thomas and they looked bigger as they were built off of the superstructure of the ship. This also allowed them to be glass all they way to the floor allowing better viewing.

I was just wondering if they changed the design somewhat after the Explorer was built to give more balcony room.

Thanks

What you noticed is true about the balconies on Mariner/Navigator being built differently than Voyager/Explorer/Adventure, so that there is more glass for better viewing, and there are also frosted plexiglass partitions between the balconies rather than the cave-like solid walls. (Sometimes you can get the partition opened up between two balconies if you are traveling next to family/friends, and other times it isn't allowed, or some partitions are bolted in such a way that they physically cannot be opened. It seems to be allowed at the discretion of the captain and/or head of housekeeping, so it's totally random).

According the the RCI website, a D1 cabin on Exploxer is 188 sq ft with 50 sq ft balcony. On Mariner, it is 206 sq ft with 42 sq ft balcony. The difference is negligible - I didn't even notice it on each of my cruises on these ships.

Archived