Fun Pass/E docs question (i tried to search)

unicorn1075

Good morning everyone. I want to receive paper docs but I did print the fun pass that I completed on line, will I still receive paper docs or do I have to print the E docs now? I tried to search but couldn't find an answer. I would hate to call Carnival again with another question if I don't have to. Thanks for any help!

Personally I think e-docs is a great way to go. The less we have to rely on the US postal service the better and it will help kill less trees and hopefully keep some costs down. Way to go Carnival.

I printed out my first e-docs and it worked great!

A coworker of mine is sailing this Sat 6/7 on Glory and he has been waiting 3 MONTHS for his passports. He finally got thru to a human voice on the phone at 10 pm Monday nite and was told his passports were still sitting in a "TO DO" pile in Charlotte and he probably would not have them by the time he sails. So now he is off scrambling to obtain certified copies of birth certificates for 3 people. Yikes I'll take e-docs anyday.

Carnival is changing to all edocs...you will have to call and request paper...all you need is your funpass.

That is not true at this time. My current booking showing on my reservation page has a link for "view documents online". When I go to that page I have the option to check either print edocs or choose mail paper documents.

You just need to register online, enter your booking number and you will be able to view those options.

A coworker of mine is sailing this Sat 6/7 on Glory and he has been waiting 3 MONTHS for his passports. He finally got thru to a human voice on the phone at 10 pm Monday nite and was told his passports were still sitting in a "TO DO" pile in Charlotte and he probably would not have them by the time he sails. So now he is off scrambling to obtain certified copies of birth certificates for 3 people. Yikes I'll take e-docs anyday.

:confused: I am a little confused with your post... what do the edocs have to do with your birth certificates or passports? You still have to have one or the other to board whether you have paper docs or edocs. :confused:

That is not true at this time. My current booking showing on my reservation page has a link for "view documents online". When I go to that page I have the option to check either print edocs or choose mail paper documents.

You just need to register online, enter your booking number and you will be able to view those options.

Carnival Launches E-Doc System

Published on: May 15, 2007

Carnival Cruise Lines rolled out a new electronic cruise document system. The new paperless system provides guests with the same travel documentation and information typically available with traditional cruise documents, all in a secure, easy-to-navigate Internet portal accessible on a 24/7 basis. Further, Carnival's electronic document system is in real time, ensuring that all guest data is continually up-to-date. Carnival's electronic cruise documents are available to guests any time after final payment is made. If they prefer, guests can opt to have the traditional paper documents mailed to them or their travel agent approximately 30 days prior to their cruise. The MyDocuments portal provides guests with on-demand access to their Carnival booking, enabling them to print boarding passes, luggage tags and other pertinent information regarding their "Fun Ship" cruise from any Internet-connected computer. Guests simply need to enter their booking number, last name, and ship and sailing date to gain access to the site. Data contained within the MyDocuments portal is specifically tailored to that guest's "Fun Ship" cruise with information on embarkation and ground transfers specific to their voyage's departure point, along with a day-by-day itinerary schedule and a listing of any shore excursions purchased by the guest. A new feature is the opportunity for guests who purchased FlyAweigh air/sea packages to view their air schedules within 75 days of their cruise departure date. This information will be available to all guests whether they choose electronic or paper documents. Also included is a printable booking summary listing guests' ship, sailing date, and itinerary, along with Carnival's popular "Things to Know Before You Go" section with helpful information on dining, tipping, attire and other aspects of the "Fun Ship" vacation experience. The document includes a welcome letter from Carnival President and CEO Bob Dickinson, along with printable forms for the line's Sail & Sign shipboard credit card system, and a copy of Carnival's standard ticket contract. For more information, go to www.carnival.com

Carnival Launches E-Doc System

Published on: May 15, 2007

Carnival Cruise Lines rolled out a new electronic cruise document system. The new paperless system provides guests with the same travel documentation and information typically available with traditional cruise documents, all in a secure, easy-to-navigate Internet portal accessible on a 24/7 basis........

Sorry but I don't see how this relates to my post. No where in there does it say you must call to get paper documents. It states to register on the website to view them and make your choice for paper/edocs just as I stated. I tried to put an example of the page but the file as a PDF is too large.

Good morning everyone. I want to receive paper docs but I did print the fun pass that I completed on line, will I still receive paper docs or do I have to print the E docs now? I tried to search but couldn't find an answer. I would hate to call Carnival again with another question if I don't have to. Thanks for any help!

Not sure why all the bickering posts about the original question ? :confused: We have a late June, 07 cruise & we got paper docs as I did not change to E-docs.

Not sure if there is a cutoff date for paper docs. but if you didn't change it, you likely will receive paper docs for August, 07.

In either event, DOES IT REALLY MATTER ? :eek:

If you don't get paper docs, just print off your luggage tags from the E-docs or get them from the porter at the dock. That is the only real difference.

Just complete your FunPass online at leat 24 hours prior to cruise day, have a credit card for your Sign & Sail cards and you will be off on your vacation ! After all, that is the objective.

I swear some folks are determined to worry about worrying, with all the different issues (ie: outlandish questions ??) I see posted on this board (not directed at the OP)

Enjoy your cruise !

In either event, DOES IT REALLY MATTER ? :eek:

Enjoy your cruise !

Well, no it really doesn't matter but yes it kind of does just this once. My dh has never gone on a cruise and I have been driving him crazy for about a year now with anticipation. lol Getting that beautiful blue folder in the mail will just be one more thing for my collection of things pertaining to this cruise. It is our anniversary, first "real" vacation together, first cruise for him and the first time anywhere with no kids......so no it really doesn't matter but it sure will be nice to get the "surprise" in the mail box one day. And, since I am the annal retentive, obsessive compulsive type I guess I was the one who worries about worrying. lol :D

Thank you for letting me know I should receive the paper docs, if not I will print them but I will keep looking for the folder to arrive in the mail.

Well, no it really doesn't matter but yes it kind of does just this once. My dh has never gone on a cruise and I have been driving him crazy for about a year now with anticipation. lol Getting that beautiful blue folder in the mail will just be one more thing for my collection of things pertaining to this cruise. It is our anniversary, first "real" vacation together, first cruise for him and the first time anywhere with no kids......so no it really doesn't matter but it sure will be nice to get the "surprise" in the mail box one day. And, since I am the annal retentive, obsessive compulsive type I guess I was the one who worries about worrying. lol :D

Thank you for letting me know I should receive the paper docs, if not I will print them but I will keep looking for the folder to arrive in the mail.

Just not sure if there is an E-docs only cut off date (haven't seen any date mentioned at all)

Actually, I love to travel but I never understood the Blue package excitement. Got mine a couple of weeks ago. Just finally looked thru the pack 2 days ago) Did FunPass online.

To each their own.

Enjoy the cruise.... :D

So, I gather that if we choose EDocs we still do not get our luggage tags in the mail? How are we to print and use luggage tags that are printed on plain paper. Wont we have a lot of lost luggage? Even if I printed it on a sticky lable like paper that wont be as strong as the lables they send.

Last month we cruised with Princess and had Edocs but they still mailed the luggage tags.

So, I gather that if we choose EDocs we still do not get our luggage tags in the mail? How are we to print and use luggage tags that are printed on plain paper. Wont we have a lot of lost luggage? Even if I printed it on a sticky lable like paper that wont be as strong as the lables they send.

Last month we cruised with Princess and had Edocs but they still mailed the luggage tags.

There is another thread on EDocs that addressed that. People who have used them said that you print them out and laminate them with clear packing tape by taping each side. Wrap them around the handle of your suitcase, staple the ends and then reinforce that stapled area with more tape. I hope that makes sense.

After reading the replies, I'm not sure if the OP has had her question answered or not. The Fun Pass is not the same thing as your documents. It is filled out online with your basic information and then you print it and take it with you when you board the ship. It's similar to a boarding pass and it is easier and quicker. The documents you choose to receive in the mail, or print off the internet, are your tickets, contract, etc. Whether you choose to do e-docs, or get the pretty blue folder in the mail has no bearing on if you've filled out and printed your Fun Pass.

HTH,

Carnival is changing to all edocs...you will have to call and request paper...all you need is your funpass.

Does that mean those annoying :eek: doc dance threads will now feature those:eek: dancing cactus???? :D :D :D

I just did final payment and in the reservation section was able to choose weather or not I wanted e-docs or paper. So as of a few days ago you can get paper docs.

I choose to do e-docs, but haven't been able to print them out. I had to have Carnival send it to my email and then I was able to print the e-docs out that way..

I am sailing on the Glory June 22nd. I printed my e-docs but also e-mailed my PVP and requested them via mail... I like to have "real" luggage tags that can esily be attatched to my luggage. I know that I can get them at the port, but I am one of those type "A" personalities that likes to have everything ready to go when I get there. I do not want to be scrambling around trying to get luggage tags for my entire family. Not everyone is like me, and you know what,..that's okay:)

After reading the replies' date=' I'm not sure if the OP has had her question answered or not. The Fun Pass is not the same thing as your documents. It is filled out online with your basic information and then you print it and take it with you when you board the ship. It's similar to a boarding pass and it is easier and quicker. The documents you choose to receive in the mail, or print off the internet, are your tickets, contract, etc. Whether you choose to do e-docs, or get the pretty blue folder in the mail has no bearing on if you've filled out and printed your Fun Pass.

HTH,[/quote']

Actually, except for the Sign & Sail type of payment page (which will be provided when we check in), the Fun Pass (when you complete it & print it out) is all the important pages of the blue package you receive. Compare the two & you will see.

That is why the blue pack is really no longer necessary.

Printed my luggage tags , laminated them !! love it , much better than standard tags (stronger) . Question? I folded them in half before I laminated them so I could hole punch and tie to my luggage with twine, should I have not folded in half so I could wrap around the handle or does it really matter ? (just another nit picky question Im sure, but... want to do it right .)

I just did final payment and in the reservation section was able to choose weather or not I wanted e-docs or paper. So as of a few days ago you can get paper docs.

I choose to do e-docs, but haven't been able to print them out. I had to have Carnival send it to my email and then I was able to print the e-docs out that way..

Yes paper documents are still available at Carnival along with the option for EDOCS. Carnival is not forcing anyone to go EDOCS only and that is clearly stated in the release posted here. However if you book late perhaps with 7 or 14 days of your cruise then most likely the bulky blue book will not be mailed and only EDOCS will be an option. Hope everyone just gets used to the EDOC, because I am sure that by next year the outdated blue book will be history - and for me that is just fine.:rolleyes:

Fun Pass and EDOCS are not the same thing and have nothing to do with each other. You can have an EDOC without ever visiting Fun Pass and the same way you can have a paper document (why I don't know) without every completing your Fun Pass.

Archived