Anyone book online?

tontok

Hello all,

I would like suggestions/advice from anyone who has successfully cruised after booking through an online site. The first time I cruised, we went through a local travel agency and did not think that the experience was that great. I get email offers for discounted cruises and other deals and would like to know, how do I know that the site is reputable?

All info is greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Marina

I think a lot (if not a majority) of the people have booked online. Many have used the major websites and many others have used *****.com. Personally, I wouldn't use *****.com because you are connected to TAs that could be all the way across the country, which could make it so much more difficult if you experience a problem. I've also heard a lot of stories about quotes that changed almost immediately after they were sent.

I've used one of several major cruise sites each time I booked a cruise and have had a wonderful experience each time (we are not allowed to name specific sites on here). It takes a lot of research and you have to read the fine print, but I think this is also the case with TAs. Most of the websites have very similar if not identical rates, but may offer different incentives such as OBC or coupons. Another positive thing about a website is that you can usually have contact with your "TA" (the website support team) 24/7, so if you find a rate change or a question, you wouldn't have to wait until Monday morning to call your land "TA" and have them make the change.

There is also the option of booking directly through the cruiseline on their individual websites, which could also have its advantages. I know many people praise this, although I have never done this myself. I think as long as you go with a major travel website or one that specializes in cruises, that has a good general reputation, and you've read the fine print (extra fees, etc.) you'll be in good shape.

I booked through an internet site which turned out to be an American Express travel agency in Florida. I got a price which was substantially cheaper than the brochure, as well as an on board credit. They sent me a bon voyage gift of canapes. While on board, I booked another trip, and left it with the same agency. When I got back, I contacted the agent, and was given a further discount. So, my experience was positive.

• I booked my first cruise with an online airline's travel site.
  • Booked my second cruise via a TA through *****.com. Saved us $300!
  • Booked my third cruise direct with RCCL.

I don't even know what it's like to book travel with a human TA any more! LOL We do all of our own research and are pretty travel savvy, and do our own thing on line, every time. I do understand the value they can bring, and am not opposed to using a human TA, but just don't have the patience to wait for them to respond, etc, when I can do my own thing online whenever I want.

We've used "*****" several times and always had a good experience. I guess if you "have a problem" whether the agent is down the street or across the country, a "problem" is a "problem" and resolving it is not going to be contingent on where the agent is. NO matter who you're using, put the deposit on a credit card, when your statement comes and the desposit is posted to the cruise LINE, (not an agency) there shouldn't be a "problem". Also, once you book, you get a confirmation #, and you can always verify and check things out on the line's web site.

Archived