Cabin 9162 on Summit cruise to Hawaii

creative cat

I would not be concerned about it. Maybe a little chair scraping on the wooden deck above (deck 10 patio) but not bad or often. You also get to listen to the guitar player on deck 10 in the evening.

I do recommend pulling the chaise lounge padded covers away from the exposed veranda area at night as they will get wet if left there when they clean deck 10 patio late at night or early morning.

We were in FV 9199, which is three cabins over from CC 9162 and thouroughly enjoyed it on our last W/C Alaska cruise.

We are on the 9/28/07 Summit Hawaii Circle cruise also. If you give up 9162 let me know. I'm looking for an AFT CC cabin. jrthompson at clearwire.net.

See you onboard.

We've had 9162 on Infinity twice and will have it again in August. They are identical in every way. You shouldn't have a problem with noise. We even left our balcony door open at night a couple of nights. But heed the advise of California Dreaming and make sure and pull your chaise lounges and chairs back below the overhang at night or you will wake to wet furniture and in the tropics it can stay wet for awhile.

Otherwise, rejoice. You have an aft cabin and they are hard to come by and worth it. We have had one on all but one of our cruises and will have one for 14 days down under in January 2009. In fact, it will be 9162 on the Millie so you can tell us if you have any problems with it.:D

Jim

Hi,:) I was in Cabin 9160 back in Oct 2005. (Guessing it is next door)

and the noise was minimal.

They had a guitarist that played at the AFT Bar during the

early evenings......you could sometimes hear him but the music

was nice. Actually that is one of my favorite spots on the ship.

The AFT Bar outside...nice bar, tables&chairs with umbrellas.

I always sleep well on ships so if there was noise late I never

heard it;)

Had 9-deck FVs twice - chair scraping noise occasionally evident but not late in evening. Sometimes wind direction pushes 'grill food' smell down to veranda but that's usually infrequent. Oh the humanity! just keep stiff upper lip and muddle through somehow.;)

We are definitely in the minority here, but we've been on Summit with both "regular" CC rooms on the side of the ship, as well as aft room. We found the noise from above more than occassional, and quite annoying. Especially on sea days, where we wanted to enjoy the entire length of the aft balcony and a quiet cabin to escape to, it was not pleasant constantly having people eating, smoking and scraping chairs above us. It may not bother all, but the cigarette and cigar smoke was bothersome to us and made it difficult for us to leave our door open and enjoy the balcony and cabin as much as we would have liked to. Additionally, many times we had garbage (napkins, soda cans, food tidbits, etc.) that blew down onto our balcony. Personally, I prefer my quiet "side" balcony and then going elsewhere on the ship when I want to enjoy the aft view.

:rolleyes:

Hi,:) I was in Cabin 9160 back in Oct 2005. (Guessing it is next door)

and the noise was minimal.

They had a guitarist that played at the AFT Bar during the

early evenings......you could sometimes hear him but the music

was nice. Actually that is one of my favorite spots on the ship.

The AFT Bar outside...nice bar, tables&chairs with umbrellas.

I always sleep well on ships so if there was noise late I never

heard it;)

Thanks folks for your mostly positive response to my concerns, I am sorry 42trvl that you found cabin 9162 not to your satisfaction but I guess at this late stage we will have to stick to it and hope for the best!!

By the way Greydog, in Scotland, :Dwe don't have stiff upper lips!!:D

:rolleyes:

Did I say something wrong? The reason you are rolling

your eyes at me are???:( :confused:

I was trying to give a report of a cabin in the same area......

Lois R - Please accept my apologies, this is the first time I have used the Cruise Critic message Board and I don't think I have responded properly. Your feedback however was very favourable. Further tips etc., would be appreciated. Thank U:)

I am another lover of those aft cabins - including 9162. I found noise minimal, and do agree you have to move your chairs back at night to avoid the deck washing overflow in the early morning! I also like the fact that you could have half your deck in the sun and half in the shade at times. Enjoy!

We were in FV 9199, which is three cabins over from CC 9162 and thouroughly enjoyed it on our last W/C Alaska cruise.

We are on the 9/28/07 Summit Hawaii Circle cruise also. If you give up 9162 let me know. I'm looking for an AFT CC cabin. jrthompson at clearwire.net.

We were in 9158 for the May W/C Alaska cruise and the only noise we heard was from some noisy couple in 9199 (Hi John:D )

Hi John (California Dreamin)

Tried to e-mail you but message has come back to me. Please advise e-mail address.

Regards - Creative cat

Here it is again jrthompsonatclearwire.net (substitute the @ symbol for at). This makes it harder for hackers to harvest e-mail addresses here.

We were in 9158 for the May W/C Alaska cruise and the only noise we heard was from some noisy couple in 9199 (Hi John:D )

Hi George,

I really did try to keep our quests from making so much noise :D . You know we would never do that. It really was a great cruise wasn't it. Hope to sail with you and Susan again soon.

Hello John (California Dreamin)

You must like cruising on the Summit. Is there any specific reason for this?

Regards - CC (Scotland)

We have found the times and itenerary to our liking. West Coast departures/arrivals. Also, always were safisfied with the food, service, cabins, price, etc.

I just "stumbled" upon this thread and I'm a happy camper now. We just got 9162 on the Constellation for 1/09!!! (Yup, I did say 1/09). It was the only aft left. I wanted deck 8 or 7 but no availability there. I was a bit concerned about being on this deck, but I'm sure it will be fine. Thanks for the tip about pulling the chairs back.

CC - Celebrity is our cruiseline of choice. We have been on 4 Princess cruises, 4 RCCL cruises and 3 Celebrity. No comparison in our opinion. Celebrity is just so much more classy. The venues on this ship are wonderful. So many places to sit/relax/drink/listen to music. The fresh pasta bar and sandwich/wrap bar are great lunchtime. (We're not buffet people but we go to the buffet for these areas which are fantastic.) And...the fresh, free ice cream all day/evening is great. The service is terrific and we really like the other people we meet.

OH MY ! ! ! ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT THE VERANDA OF OUR PENTHOUSE SUITE IS GOING TO BE INUNDATED WITH GARBAGE FROM THE DECKS ABOVE? And I thought that we were going to have a nice time.... do they provide a broom and dustpan to sweep up all the garbage or will the butler do it? So much for sitting in the whirlpool tub on the veranda... I don't want napkins and cigarette butts landing on the top of the water while I am soaking! Maybe I should call the whole thing off and lose my entire purchase price for the penthouse.... what shoudl I do????

Very distrraught!

OH MY ! ! ! ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT THE VERANDA OF OUR PENTHOUSE SUITE IS GOING TO BE INUNDATED WITH GARBAGE FROM THE DECKS ABOVE? And I thought that we were going to have a nice time.... do they provide a broom and dustpan to sweep up all the garbage or will the butler do it? So much for sitting in the whirlpool tub on the veranda... I don't want napkins and cigarette butts landing on the top of the water while I am soaking! Maybe I should call the whole thing off and lose my entire purchase price for the penthouse.... what shoudl I do????

Very distrraught!

I hope you are kidding. We have been in five X aft cabins and have had no problems with this kind of thing. Maybe once but I suspect that came from the cabin next door. Don't panic. Have fun.

Archived