Bumping up old thread

Leslieswiger

Give it a try. Go to the thread that you want to bump, make a post and click the "submit reply" button. That will bring the thread to the top of the forum, which is called "bumping a post". Is there something else you are looking to do?

I do not understand that post about a day or two old...

All you need to do in order to bring a thread to the top of the thread list is to post a message on the bottom of the thread.

Whichever thread on the entire HAL CC Board has THE most recent post, will be on the top of the thread list.

Leslie is missing something! I have a thread (post) that is far down on the list. How can I bump that back up to the top of the list.

98Charlie and Peaches from Georgia, I must be missing something that you are trying to tell me...:confused:

can you hear me know?

1. you are not supposed to do this

2. To move a post up post something on it in a reply

like "no one has posted on this thread so I am asking again...."

and when you submit the reply it will move to the top as the latest post...

Got it?

If you don't slowly read all the replies of everyone that responded to you and do what they ask... if you are kidding because you are not a new poster and you know the old joke how to do get a m.... to listen...

What thread are you talking about?

Indicate here which thread you want bumped and what page it is on....what the title of the thread. Someone will bump it for you.......if you are for real on this request.

Bumping a thread only for the sake of bumping is considered rude. If there is something to add to the content of the post, or if there's a question that went totally unanswered I can understand, but at least some of us read all the threads and will find it eventually.

I've seen threads marked "bump" as little as two hours after it starts. Isn't that a bit on the quick side?

Some of us are slow readers!

Leslie is missing something! I have a thread (post) that is far down on the list. How can I bump that back up to the top of the list.

98Charlie and Peaches from Georgia, I must be missing something that you are trying to tell me...:confused:

Leslieswiger - try this - Find your post- the one you want to bump! - click "quote" (in the lower right hand corner) of the post - a window opens - type a message - something like.... "Can anyone help me with this?????????? " or wharever is appropriate, and hit the 'submit reply' button - .......Your post had been 'bumped'!

:)

As smeyer418 and RuthC say, don't do this - it is very bad manners to bump your own thread up the board just for the sake of it. The reason is simple: There is nothing more important about your thread than anybody else's. If people have something to say in response, they will say it. Trying to attract more attention to it by repeatedly bumping it up the list, or (for that matter) typing the title all in capital letters or wanting it to be in bold type, is simply trying to demand more attention for your own thread than for anyone else's. That's why it's considered rude.

people notice that the thread has been renamed(it was headed Host Walt originally)?

This can only happen two ways. It was edited by the original poster within an hour(it wasn't because it would have shown an edited time) or someone notified the hosts to change it(unless host walt saw and decided it had a wrong name...

in any case me thinks this was a joke.......

Can you hear me now?

I remember "the Freds". We haven't heard from him/them in some time. I think he said he was moving over to another board where he had could discuss his next cruise on other than HAL??? Not sure.

Thank-you very much "Cruiseoften" from Eastern Canada. I took your information and it worked for me.:)

I do not see why, SOME people HAVE to put in smart remarks as they have done with this thread. And from my old homeland.:mad:

We have a thread on ROLL CALL...I have several people who e-mail me direct and I do not mind this. I just asked the person who has the roll call ,if they could put it up again. Was down so far that people had missed it. Anyhow, we will have a great "CC" get together as it goes now.:D

Perhaps the confusion arose because you asked he question here rather than on the board where the thread had been posted.

Folks here kept waiting to see it 'rise to the top'.

Happy cruising.

yes we did get a little silly but hey that is in the spirit of the boards...you have posted so often that I thought you either were pulling our collective legs or needed help/ So I told you how to do it and had a little fun at your expense.... sorry about that.... is Fred still dead?

Thanks everyone. I now am in contact with thirty-one cruisers who will be on the Amsterdam with us. Now trying to get everyone to buy "CC" polo shirts.

Smeyer418...Thank you also. You can find Fred at our condo at 375 Riverside Dr. just between 100&101st St. He will sail with us on the Queen Mary in Sept. up the east coast to beautiful Canada.:D

Archived