All Things Enchantment of the Seas

OH no. That's really too bad. This is really close for a canceled cruise. I hope you are OK. It has to be a huge disappointment.

Gina

Im ok..just an unexpected financial expense......I am disappointed,but have to be realistic and not go.......:(

Hi Momabean I sure do hope you get a response from Julian as we board Enchantment on the 27th & this is our first cruise with going into the cl. Please post any information you receive.

Thanks

I'll do that. As soon as I know anything, I'll post it here.

Gina

We will be on the 9/29 cruise also. Our 6th RCCL..friends we are taking their first cruise ever! I think we picked a great ship/itinerary for them for their newbie experience.

We were on Enchantment pre stretch. Liked her then, expect from what everyone is saying will LOVE her now!

Glad to see there will be others with us on 9/29. Me and hubby are going with my 16 year old son, my mother and stepfather. I also have two teenage girls but they did not want to go. My kids went on their firswt cruise last August and the girls did not enjoy it very much because they could not be with there friends. My son is hooked, just like the rest of us. I think me and my husband are going to have a hard time going on any more cruises without him.

This is my mother's first cruise. She is very nervous. Can't wait to get her on there. I know once she gets on she will not want to go home, like me.

This is going to be the longest month and half of my life. This is the first time that I could not wait for summer to be over.

I have never been to these ports before. Anyone have any suggestions for Shore Excursions??

Melissa:) :)

Are there fridges in the OV cabins -- pics don't show them, but they are listed on the crusieclues site. I have booked an OV in the new section. Will take a small cooler if there isn't a fridge for pop. Thanks

Just had to cancel our EN:( so no Julian fix for me...........but Gina,I heard he'll be back on the 18th....Im sure you can find out for sure after then...

You will not be going? I am sorry to hear that. I really was looking forward to meeting you, and redeem myself from "that" thread.

I hope everything is okay and that you are back on her soon.

I love the ship and the crew. You can see some of my pics from my one of my Enchantment cruises by clicking the link in my signature.

Gina,

Thanks for posting your pics! I'll be on EOS in December with some girl friends for our annual girl cruise. It will be our first RCCL cruise and we really look forward to it...

Are there fridges in the OV cabins -- pics don't show them, but they are listed on the crusieclues site. I have booked an OV in the new section. Will take a small cooler if there isn't a fridge for pop. Thanks

anyone? Someone here must know.

I recall refrigerators in the ov on the Explorer. I would be surprised if they are not in every cabin. The refrigerator is always stocked with soda and candy-and some how we always get desperate enough for a soda to use some.

I'm starting to get a little worried about our cruise. We're taking the boys (3 and 6) on their first cruise the first week of November for a 5-night cruise. I'm worried that there won't be any other kids on board since it's off-season and not one of the bigger ships. Obviously, I know there will be some (there are a couple of 2yo on our roll call) but what about school-aged kids? If you've gone on EOS off-season (ie during school), have you noticed a decent amount of kids on board? I'm not expecting huge amounts of course, but hoping for at least a decent sized group.

Of course, this won't ruin our cruise. We plan on taking them to each port and taking them to the pool and stuff. But DH and I would like to enjoy some time alone (during the evening especially) and know that they are having a great time with other kids in AO.

I'm starting to get a little worried about our cruise. We're taking the boys (3 and 6) on their first cruise the first week of November for a 5-night cruise. I'm worried that there won't be any other kids on board since it's off-season and not one of the bigger ships. Obviously, I know there will be some (there are a couple of 2yo on our roll call) but what about school-aged kids? If you've gone on EOS off-season (ie during school), have you noticed a decent amount of kids on board? I'm not expecting huge amounts of course, but hoping for at least a decent sized group.

Of course, this won't ruin our cruise. We plan on taking them to each port and taking them to the pool and stuff. But DH and I would like to enjoy some time alone (during the evening especially) and know that they are having a great time with other kids in AO.

Beth,

I don't think you have to worry. There are a lot of school districts around the country with year round school meaning they have breaks at various times. There are LOADS of home schoolers in the country. And I also think there are plenty of parents who don't hesitate to take their kids out of school for short trips like this especially in the younger grades. It probably won't be a mob scene but that's a good thing.

Gina

Beth...

Rosie and I are very "bad" parents, we always took our children out of school to go on vacation. We found there are many "bad" parents, because the kids always founds other kids there ages!

Either way you will have fun and so will they!

BILL

Beth...

Rosie and I are very "bad" parents, we always took our children out of school to go on vacation. We found there are many "bad" parents, because the kids always founds other kids there ages!

Either way you will have fun and so will they!

BILL

Well....in our school district the children of bad parents were punished. :eek: If they went on vacation they were not permitted to make up the work and were given big fat ZEROS on all assigments. This is Dade county district policy in ALL schools. I refused to lie and write a note saying they were sick since I don't want to be bad in that way by encouraging the same behavior in my kids. Although this is the way most parents handled the situation. Instead we just took them out of public school and placed them in private school, as they got older, where not only are family vacations tolerated, they are considered a great excuse to miss school. They believe families should play together when the opportunity arises.

Of course this isn't an option for many families. The vacation money would have then already been spent on schooling. And that's not the only reason we pulled out of public schooling...just one of several.

Gina

Gina - Are you kidding me?? They really did that to kids who took family vacations?? WOW!!! :eek: Shoot....they would HATE me! LOL I take my daughter out once in the fall usually every year, and sometimes once again in the spring. She makes up the work no problem, and gets all A's and B's. I can't believe schools really do that to families that want to vacation together!!!!

Hey Dell - You picked a great ship! Enchantment is beautiful, you will love her! :)