All Things Enchantment of the Seas

Hello Enchantment Fans!

I'm sailing on my first Enchantment cruise in January (so excited!). There will be three of us in a junior suite. Will the cabin be too cozy with three people? I'm wondering if it will be fine or if I should consider upgrading to a grand suite. I appreciate any feedback.

Hey we will be on this cruise also. I think you should be fine in your JS. We will be in a smaller less expensive cabin and enjoying the ship not sitting in the room! Have fun maybe I'll see you on board.

Question: Can anyone tell me if the Enchantment stays on ship time? I will be heading to Belize in January and am trying to time an excursion.

What time will it be in Belize if I am due to arrive at 7:00 am?

The ship leaves at 5:00.

ANSWER--------------

THEY TELL YOU TO CHANGE YOUR CLOCK BACK ONE HOUR AFTER KEY WEST--- It is very easy to hear on Ship--Go to the Belize website with a time posted and compare to Ft Lauderdale time. We just got back Saturday------ Still tired but had a great time---------------:)

Comfort Inn Airport/Cruise Port South on Stirling Rd. I'm finding a pretty good rate for a pre-cruise stay in December. Anyone have an opinion of this facility? I'll take the good and the bad please!

Thanks,

Cathy

Question: Can anyone tell me if the Enchantment stays on ship time? I will be heading to Belize in January and am trying to time an excursion.

What time will it be in Belize if I am due to arrive at 7:00 am?

The ship leaves at 5:00.

ANSWER--------------

THEY TELL YOU TO CHANGE YOUR CLOCK BACK ONE HOUR AFTER KEY WEST--- It is very easy to hear on Ship--Go to the Belize website with a time posted and compare to Ft Lauderdale time. We just got back Saturday------ Still tired but had a great time---------------:)

The Enchantment switches to local time....I am not certain what time Belize is on EST or CST...but the ship annouces it and also it is posted in the Compass the evening before.

Comfort Inn Airport/Cruise Port South on Stirling Rd. I'm finding a pretty good rate for a pre-cruise stay in December. Anyone have an opinion of this facility? I'll take the good and the bad please!

Thanks,

Cathy

I believe Stirling Rd was an area I was told to stay away from. If you stay in a hotel on SE 17th St. you should be fine! :)

Just back from the Enchantment. We switched our clocks back one hour before we got to Cozumel (extra hour of sleep--yeah!) & kept on CST until after we left Belize. So we lost that extra hour the night before our sea day. The ship was on time in all the ports (Key West, Coz, Belize & Ft. Lauderdale).

just wondering....does anyone know if the carousel lounge gets nois and if i would hear anything/?? thanks

I don't know if anyone already answered this as I haven't read ahead. We were in an aft js on deck 7. There was some noise from the lounge below but most nights it ended by 10:30 or 11:00. One night, it did seem to go until 1:00. But it really wasn't too bad. Having an aft balcony definitely more than made up for it.

Hello Enchantment Fans!

I'm sailing on my first Enchantment cruise in January (so excited!). There will be three of us in a junior suite. Will the cabin be too cozy with three people? I'm wondering if it will be fine or if I should consider upgrading to a grand suite. I appreciate any feedback.

DH and I did a js with our 2 daughters (4 and 5 at the time), and also another time with our teenage son (15), both on the Enchantment. It was fine both times. The time I cruised with "the boys", they would get ready first and then head to wherever and I would meet them.

I didn't think it too cozy.

Just an fyi... .just got off the Enchantment... were in a JS 8656... no noise, nice cabin... but.... had a pole at the end of the bed.... might be a nice "addition".... some fun dancing???? But wanted to inform as an FYI....

8656.jpg.bfdb1b41af027e1bdf202d85adbeecb9.jpg

I apologize if this is a repeat question but I searched and didn't find what I was looking for....

What series of cabin #'s would be the newest (put in w/the stretch?). We're in 2566 on Dec 6 and I'm wondering if we'll be in a 2 yr old cabin or a 10 yr old cabin. Not that it really matters mind you, it's a cabin w/an ocenview, so I'm okay w/either. Just wondering.

Thanks!!

I apologize if this is a repeat question but I searched and didn't find what I was looking for....

What series of cabin #'s would be the newest (put in w/the stretch?). We're in 2566 on Dec 6 and I'm wondering if we'll be in a 2 yr old cabin or a 10 yr old cabin. Not that it really matters mind you, it's a cabin w/an ocenview, so I'm okay w/either. Just wondering.

Thanks!!

To figure out which cabins are new on the other decks, simply change the first digit in the room number to correspond with the deck number, e.g. 8568-8582 and 8068-8082.

If you know the answers...

My cabin mate, Lynda, uses a CPAP (sp?) unit to sleep. It requires distilled water and obviously electricity.

Her two questions are:

1. Can she get distilled water on the ship vs having to bring it w/her?

2. Will we need an extension cord to run the unit or is the power close enough to the bed? (Cat I, Oceanview deck 2)

I intend on bringing a power strip, but it may not be enough to get her hooked up to sleep.

Thanks!

Cathy

Hey we will be on this cruise also. I think you should be fine in your JS. We will be in a smaller less expensive cabin and enjoying the ship not sitting in the room! Have fun maybe I'll see you on board.

DH and I did a js with our 2 daughters (4 and 5 at the time), and also another time with our teenage son (15), both on the Enchantment. It was fine both times. The time I cruised with "the boys", they would get ready first and then head to wherever and I would meet them. I didn't think it too cozy.

KidsBgon & shirleygr, thank you! :)

Contact the "Special Needs" Department of RCI to arrange to have what you need ahead of time. They will have it waiting in your cabin when you arrive.

For my CPAP, I always request a gallon of distilled water & an extension cord which they can tape to the wall or the floor so it is not a tripping hazard. Hope that helps. SOrry I do not know the phone number or email off hand. I usaully have my travel agent make the arrangement for me. If you did not use a TA to book, just call the general RCI phone number, & they can put you in contact with the SN department. Enjoy your cruise.

Can anyone tell me how the cabins at the far aft are. We have cabin 8670 and DH was wondering about theh balcony size,view, etc.. If anyone has stayed in anyof those I'd appreciated the good/bad. Thanks

The inside size is the same as any other JS. The balcony is much deeper from front to back - very spacious and fun. The view is great and unobstructed. The cabins are very quiet from above and below. The walk back isn't especially far since it's not a huge ship.

The worst I can say is that there may be some noticable vibration as you pull into port being the most noticable if you pull into port early before you are awake. I wouldn't call this a major problem.

You'll love the aft cabins. There won't be a lot of foot traffic back and forth past your room. They are private and perfect on Enchantment.

Can anyone tell me if the window on Deck 2 of the Enchantment is the same size window as on the upper decks? I know the front of the ship has portholes but I was wondering about the size of the windows on the rest of deck 2. We usually stay on the upper decks, either oceanview or balconey, and we are booked for a deck 2 oceanview in cabin 2624 and I will upgrade if the window is too small.

Thanks for the info.