All Things Enchantment of the Seas

Does anyone here plan on bringing alcohol on board the Enchantment in your luggage? I did last year with no problem. I usually bring some wine and jager so I can have some drinks on the balcony. Also just wondering if they have become any stricter since last year....

During Spring Break they cracked down hard. DH had his bottle of rum taken from his checked through luggage on Enchantment. The locked his luggage with one of those plastic zip things so we had to get the room steward to cut it off. And a note was inside telling us they took it.

I don't think they are doing this currently. I bet they do it during Spring Break again though.

I spoke with Julian during my May 3 cruise. He said that his vacation had been extended for 3 weeks until Aug. He was told if he came back before then he would go to a different ship. He wanted one more contract on the EOS. After that contract he will most likely be changing ships. He did not seem too happy at the thought of changing ships. He said all the cruisers on the EOC were the best.:D

I spoke with Julian during my May 3 cruise. He said that his vacation had been extended for 3 weeks until Aug. He was told if he came back before then he would go to a different ship. He wanted one more contract on the EOS. After that contract he will most likely be changing ships. He did not seem too happy at the thought of changing ships. He said all the cruisers on the EOC were the best.:D

I wonder if this "most likely" is by choice or if it's an RCI decision. If he is thinking of doing this by his own decision, we can start emailing him and beg.... If it's corporate we can start emailing them and beg.... :(

Does anyone here plan on bringing alcohol on board the Enchantment in your luggage? I did last year with no problem. I usually bring some wine and jager so I can have some drinks on the balcony. Also just wondering if they have become any stricter since last year....

Yep - I brought on a few bottles of wine last year, and a fifth of vodka and they never said a word. Wrapped them in hand towels and put them into the "dirty laundry" bag in my suitcase, in case they were broken during the flight. We had our stuff in plain view of our room attendant, and she never said a word. I plan on doing the same this year... if they take it, they take it, I guess. My advice is to just not take anything you're not willing to part with (like a REALLy nice bottle of wine, etc.) in case they remove it. I thought the vodka mixed well with the lemonade and juice that you can get on board :) I think this year I'll probably bring a few cans of soda, too. I'm not sure if they've tightened up on the alcohol smuggling since last year... :rolleyes:

Does anyone know what the menu line up is on the 4 day EOS. Is there a link or a posting with this info?. Want to make Chops reservations as soon as we get on. Thanks for the info you all provide. We will be on the 7/12 cruise (just booked last week) and are in 7170. Anyone know if this is an ok cabin??

Thanks, Leslie! :) Sorry it took me so long to respond, I have out of state family coming today for a few days & I'm running around like a maniac! :p

The Solarium on Enchantment was THE most beautiful I've seen on a ship yet. Especially at night, when they close the roof, it is absolultely gorgeous!!! The dining rooms tables are made to size whoever is in your party. I mean, within good reason, of course! This cruise it was just my DH and I, and we had a table for 2. Right next to us, was a family of 8, plus 3 children! And they all sat together. So there are all different sizes. :)

No worries Christie, I can totally relate! Thank you for the added info! Now, don't stress the mess and enjoy your visit! :D

We brought 2 bottles of wine in our luggage. I did use Just Because of You to order a few cases of water (there were 21 in our group), a case of beer for my husband and champagne and wine for my parents. JBof Y was awesome! The packages arrived just after the muster drill. Our room steward was awesome and kept a small cooler we brought filled with ice for the beer. The last night we brought the wine to quest and the waitress brought us an extra glass. Carlos brought us champagne glasses to my parents suite for a champagne toast, nobody was upset that we didn't buy bottles from RCI. Trust me..we spent enough on wines at dinners too!

MY DW and I booked in December for our cruise next week. The original amount at booking was $1209 per person I checked often for price drops and once it dropped in Feb to $1079 and I called to get the new rate. Then again about a month later it dropped to $1029 and that was the lowest it went!

Thanks for the info, Danny. We booked the Mariner (the last cruise we just finished) about a year in advance and got several price dropps before sailing --our D1 Catagory ended up $200 cheaper than my sister's E1. :D

I wonder if this "most likely" is by choice or if it's an RCI decision. If he is thinking of doing this by his own decision, we can start emailing him and beg.... If it's corporate we can start emailing them and beg.... :(

I got the impression it was not his decision. He extended his vacation to avoid leaving EOC. He did not sound like he was looking forward to a new ship.

It would be a shame if they sent Julian to one of the bigger ships. From our experiences over the past 2 years, it's been necessary for them to open a second lounge, as the CL gets too crowded. In a situation like that, Julian would not be able to be the REAL JULIAN we've all come to love. And then there's ships like the Freedom & Liberty which has separate lounges for suite guests and D & D+ members. Which would get Julian???? So many questions ... So few answers. Guess we'll have to just wait and see. You can be sure I'll be asking Julian himself when we get back on EN Aug. 23rd.

I have a question for all of you who are or were cruising Enchantment in June:

Did you book way ahead of time?? And, if you did, did you get any "Price Reductions" before departure.

I want to get an idea of my chances for next June.

We just did.......saved $100 a cabin.......

I'm sure Carlos is getting tired of everyone asking about Julian. We were on EN for Julian's last cruise before his vacation. He was so excited to be going home to see his kids. He told us that he would be back Aug. 18th. That's why we're doing EN Aug. 23rd!!!

I thought I was the reason you booked it..:( :(

Ok, you got me on that one! But it sounds so much better to say it was because Julian will be back. :D And like you're not looking forward to seeing him in the CL again too?;)

Of course I am,along with your lovely company and your dear husbands too:D

Of course I am,along with your lovely company and your dear husbands too:D

Ahhhh ... Now I have a warm fuzzy feeling!;)

Seriously though, I hope they din't change Julian to another ship. He is a perfect fit for EN and adds so much to your cruise experience, if you're lucky enough to meet him.

Bet all this Julian talk has his ears ringing!:D

Like Cprincess, I am looking for an answer to whether there are safes and fridges on the inside cabins? We're staying in one of the newer cabins on deck 3 if that makes a difference - thanks to all for the great info :)

We were in an ocean view cabin so really can't help much. We did not have a fridge but we did have a safe. I'm guessing the inside rooms would be the same.

We brought 2 bottles of wine in our luggage. I did use Just Because of You to order a few cases of water (there were 21 in our group), a case of beer for my husband and champagne and wine for my parents. JBof Y was awesome! The packages arrived just after the muster drill. Our room steward was awesome and kept a small cooler we brought filled with ice for the beer. The last night we brought the wine to quest and the waitress brought us an extra glass. Carlos brought us champagne glasses to my parents suite for a champagne toast, nobody was upset that we didn't buy bottles from RCI. Trust me..we spent enough on wines at dinners too!

What is "Just Because of You" and how do you order? what else is available to order? Thanks!

I got the impression it was not his decision. He extended his vacation to avoid leaving EOC. He did not sound like he was looking forward to a new ship.

Or at least that's what he said. We know Julian from being at the Purser's desk - he was in charge prior to becoming the concierge. He said he was going to be on Enchantment one more contract and then hoped that his application to Independence would be granted. Unfortunately he advised that he only could hope this occurred and I really hope he gets what he deserves - he is awesome!!

Aw--she can do both. This will be her chance to do a duet with

Jullian. You're welcome to come, too! The more the merrier.

When is your Explorer cruise? Tell Yael to come over here-

we're talking about her.

We're leaving on October 26th for 9 nights. :D I'll tell her we're talking about her over here. :p

I must be the exact opposite of most of you. I wonder if I can request a table for 2. DH & I never get to eat alone & just enjoy each others company. Do they have tables for 2?

We requested a table for 2 last month on Enchantment, and we got this great table right next to the window: (Table #45)

165917841-M.jpg

Aw--she can do both. This will be her chance to do a duet with

Jullian. You're welcome to come, too! The more the merrier.

Oh and by the way, thanks for the invite, Cat Girl. If we didn't have Explorer booked I would definitely go for it! Although, not sure if Parrothead8 would be too thrilled...she might have to buy me another tank top! hehehehe :D :p ;)

Or at least that's what he said. We know Julian from being at the Purser's desk - he was in charge prior to becoming the concierge. He said he was going to be on Enchantment one more contract and then hoped that his application to Independence would be granted. Unfortunately he advised that he only could hope this occurred and I really hope he gets what he deserves - he is awesome!!

Of course, he deserves it. That doesn't mean we want it. :(

Wherever he ends up I wish the best for him. As long as he

stays with Royal Caribbean I'm sure I'll sail with him again.

Hi Everyone,

This post has been great to read through. We are actually getting married during our cruise on Enchantment in January. Our wedding will be the last day while in Key West. We decided to do a little scouting trip in April. We had a great time. It was my third cruise (all on RCCL) and this was my favorite ship. We are going to have 125 guests (already booked) sharing our wedding cruise with us. I cannot wait!!!

Side note: We brought a couple bottles of alcohol with us in our suitcase wrapped in socks and it worked great. :)