New to Royal Caribbean

Good Morning all!

My wife and I are really big fans of Celebrity and Princess cruise lines *BUT*, we found what appears to be a very nice RCCL 8 day trip next May 8th from New Jersey to the Caribbean and back.

We enjoy a little glitz and glamor like the shows, the midnight buffets with the amazing carved ice sculptures, great dance bands/music and a little dress-up every now and then.

Think RCCL will fill the bill for us?

The ship, Explorer Of The Seas, looks very nice!

HAPPY CRUISING ALL!:)

The Explorer was my first RCCL also after 9 others. The ship is wonderful with a great crew, great food and entertainment. Click on the link in my signature for pictures of the ship. We did the 5 day to Bermuda and truly the only complaint we had was that it was too short.

Don't miss the parades in the Promenade! Very colorful and lively. If you like the glitz, you will love the parade. Also, the ice skating show is awesome. We sailed the Explorer in 2004 and absolutely loved it. It is a gorgeous ship and the staff is great. Welcome to the Royal family!!! We are to the point where I doubt we will ever cruise anything but RCCI again. We just think it is the best.

I discovered this cruise about a month ago and booked it. A great value although some cabin prices have increased since then.

Our favorite RCCL class of ships is Voyager. You will love the Royal Promenade, Promenade Cafe, ice shows, etc., etc.

BILL-NY

The Explorer was my first RCCL also after 9 others. The ship is wonderful with a great crew, great food and entertainment. Click on the link in my signature for pictures of the ship. We did the 5 day to Bermuda and truly the only complaint we had was that it was too short.

Thanks for the pictures of the ship!!

I think I gotta' book thius cruise.:)

Don't miss the parades in the Promenade! Very colorful and lively. If you like the glitz, you will love the parade. Also, the ice skating show is awesome. We sailed the Explorer in 2004 and absolutely loved it. It is a gorgeous ship and the staff is great. Welcome to the Royal family!!! We are to the point where I doubt we will ever cruise anything but RCCI again. We just think it is the best.

Parades???

Holy smokes!

2 of our first 3 cruises were with a couple who had sailed Celebrity a good bit. These cruises with us were on Voyager-class ships with RCI however. So, we worried that they would be disappointed as they "slummed it" with us on RCI. They haven't been back on Celebrity since, and continue to book with RCI. Now, that's not to say that they won't sail Celebrity again soon, nor that we might not with them. I'd love to experience it. But, they've found the ships and the routes to be great on RCI and they've been very happy. They notice some differences in food, service and decor between the 2 lines, but not to the point that it's problematic. Meantime, they also enjoy some of the amenities and public spaces that are on the larger RCI ships which so far Celebrity hasn't provided. Get ready to sail and enjoy. We hope you'll enjoy as they have.

I discovered this cruise about a month ago and booked it. A great value although some cabin prices have increased since then.

Our favorite RCCL class of ships is Voyager. You will love the Royal Promenade, Promenade Cafe, ice shows, etc., etc.

BILL-NY

thanks Bill!

Do they have the formal nights, dining times etc?

2 of our first 3 cruises were with a couple who had sailed Celebrity a good bit. These cruises with us were on Voyager-class ships with RCI however. So, we worried that they would be disappointed as they "slummed it" with us on RCI. They haven't been back on Celebrity since, and continue to book with RCI. Now, that's not to say that they won't sail Celebrity again soon, nor that we might not with them. I'd love to experience it. But, they've found the ships and the routes to be great on RCI and they've been very happy. They notice some differences in food, service and decor between the 2 lines, but not to the point that it's problematic. Meantime, they also enjoy some of the amenities and public spaces that are on the larger RCI ships which so far Celebrity hasn't provided. Get ready to sail and enjoy. We hope you'll enjoy as they have.

Thansk CLQ, I'm gettin' on the horn right now to put in my reservation - late though it may be.

There will be 2 formal nights. Dining times are typically main seating, 6 PM and late seating 8:30 PM. There will be 2 or 3 different dancing venues with different types of music. I've seen several ice shows, but Planet Ice on Explorer to Bermuda was the best I've ever seen. Hope they are still presenting that particular choreography when you sail next year.

Archived