Anyone trying this Alli system ????

babyher

:D :D

Right, well I've been really, really good since I started back on Alli after Thanksgiving. I mean, really good.

And I lost only 2 more pounds. :(

Certainly didn't lose like I thought I was going to when I started on them. I got off to such a great start, I thought 10 pounds would go quickly and that I might even end up losing 15. Instead, I've lost about 7-1/2.

Of course, I did very little in the way of exercise. That's totally my fault and I shouldn't really expect a big weight loss from simply taking a pill and changing my diet a little.

Some of the clothes I wore last December don't fit, so I'm short on cruise clothes and I'm sure as heck am not going to try to find any more, now.

Anyway, I'm going to take my last pill in the morning with breakfast and then stop. That'll give me over 24 hours before we fly.

I'm going to go on my cruise, take the stairs all the time, like I always do, and hope I won't gain 10 pounds.

Have a great time on your cruise. Worry about the weight when you get back, then we can all have a pity party. I can't get my darn ticker to work but we are sailing the Glory, Feb. 23/08 & at the rate I'm going I'll be no where near where I wanted to be. But as long as I am down some (a big some would be nice) then I'll be happy. I'm not giving up.:D

Well I have been following this post site since the end of August. I started taking Alli at that time. As of the end of August to now I have lost 46 lbs.

In this time I have also gone to Curves 4 times a week. I was walking about 2 miles on the days that I did Curves.I have also followed a low fat diet.

I have taken Alli 3 times a day until about a month ago when I had a medical issue I needed to stop walking & exercising. I stopped Alli at that time also. But have begun again taking Alli and exercising again this past week. I believe that Alli has really helped me in loseing this weight.

My big Cruise is March 17, 2008 on a Celebrity Gallexy Caribbean. I am so excited.

I still have about 100 lbs. to go. I know that I will not get this all off over night I have told myself that this is my new way of life I will continue to use Alli and watch my fat grams and exercise. This next year my youngest son is getting married and I need to be down another 25 lbs. I know that I will with the help of Alli.

I have had some of the te's but as soon as the extra fat was out of my system I was good to go. So just watch those fat Grams and follow an exercise program. My eating diet is abit like weight watchers.

If I have helped anyone I am happy. Any questions give me a line.

Bonnie

Well I have been following this post site since the end of August. I started taking Alli at that time. As of the end of August to now I have lost 46 lbs.

In this time I have also gone to Curves 4 times a week. I was walking about 2 miles on the days that I did Curves.I have also followed a low fat diet.

I have taken Alli 3 times a day until about a month ago when I had a medical issue I needed to stop walking & exercising. I stopped Alli at that time also. But have begun again taking Alli and exercising again this past week. I believe that Alli has really helped me in loseing this weight.

My big Cruise is March 17, 2008 on a Celebrity Gallexy Caribbean. I am so excited.

I still have about 100 lbs. to go. I know that I will not get this all off over night I have told myself that this is my new way of life I will continue to use Alli and watch my fat grams and exercise. This next year my youngest son is getting married and I need to be down another 25 lbs. I know that I will with the help of Alli.

I have had some of the te's but as soon as the extra fat was out of my system I was good to go. So just watch those fat Grams and follow an exercise program. My eating diet is abit like weight watchers.

If I have helped anyone I am happy. Any questions give me a line.

Bonnie

Welcome Bonnie & good for you!! It is always nice to hear that someone is doing so well. I'm still trying to hang in but am having a tough time of it. At least I haven't gained any. So I'll keep up with the pills & hope for the best. Maybe a little more exercise will help. Really......I KNOW more exercise will help, who am I kidding. I guess I wanted the weight to drop faster than it is, it seems so slow.:cool:

I'm a 42yr old male who started Alli November 5th. I've lost 100 pounds twice in my life with very low calorie starvation and exercise. The prospect of future cruises was a great motivator and helped me keep the weight off. With no cruise plans the past several years and little motivation I put about 1/2 of it back on. I was hoping to lose the weight by January 08 for a Solstace cruise.

My diet caviots: I follow the Alli plan 100% except for exercise...this time I thought I'd diet w/o exercise since I hate it and won't continue it for a lifetime. Since November 5th I've lost more than 1/2 the weight I'd hoped to lose in 14 months!!! I don't believe in the scale so I don't use it (I'd get discouraged by it in the past) so I don't know how much I've lost. 6 weeks after starting Alli I'm easily in my "skinny" jeans which I couldn't pull over my thighs last month. I'm eating more than I ever have...using Sparkpeople to enter my food and using my last meal/snack to balance the fat/protein/carbs. I'm SHOCKED at the results from the magic little blue pill and so is everyone around me. I wish you all the same success!

Wanasail, I was just searching through the thread and see that you are on Xenical and that you need a prescription for it. I understand that Alli is is the same as Xencial but at a lesser strength and can be bought over the counter, in the US (which really is normal because you can pick up alot more in the US than in CDN over the counter). Any info on buying it here?

Our cruise is March 15, 2008 and I would like to start Alli. Should I start a low fat diet a few days prior to taking Alli? If I have fat in my system, will the 1st pill give me the bad side effects?? Can you stop for a week and then go back on?? I am visiting my parents at the end of Feb and I may need to go off that week. I don't want to be on an airplane and have to go.....

Thanks to everyone for your help!

Sue

Wanasail, I was just searching through the thread and see that you are on Xenical and that you need a prescription for it. I understand that Alli is is the same as Xencial but at a lesser strength and can be bought over the counter, in the US (which really is normal because you can pick up alot more in the US than in CDN over the counter). Any info on buying it here?

You are right, it is a prescription drug here. My husband was on it & doing very well so I asked our Dr. for a script. It is very expensive here, but our insurance plan pays for it if you have a doctors script. The insurance looks at it as preventative intervention an attempt to avoid diabeties & other weight related health issues so they are very cooperative in covering it. I work in a pharmacy & there are no other products on the market approved for Canadian use right now with Xencal in it. But as always we are lagging behind & what the US gets we will eventually get. It is apparently before Health Canada right now. The strenght will not be at all the same as Xencal but probably in the Alli range & we will probaby have to waite for years. Check with you insurance carrier & you Dr.

I dieted for a week before Alli and I'm glad. The side effects are not as bad as you think. If you follow the plan (fat content etc...) you won't have any. People who complain about side effects generally ate something the equivalent of Ben & Jerry's. The worst effect I've had was the need to "go" in rush hour...made it home though (and that was after 60gms fat ...salmon..who knew?)....generally it's "pizza oil"...no biggie, it can be in the commode or on your hips, take your pick :)

• 2 weeks later...
I bought the starter pack today and plan on starting alli on 1. Jan. I would like to loose about 10 lbs before my cruise on 10. Feb. I hope I will be able to loose it in this short time. :o

I bought my package today and am curious how you are doing so far? I planned on starting taking the pills tomorrow (Sunday) but am a bit concerned about work on Monday. I teach and that day is a particularly heavy day - minimal breaks. Am I better off waiting a few days?

Thanks

T

Guest Host Cheryl

Hi, Everyone!

I just found this thread tonight and have read the entire thread trying to determine whether or not Alli would be good for me. I'm new to cruising and will be taking my first cruise on 2/4. I wish I had come to the boards a few months ago. It would have been nice to drop some weight before the cruise. Since I'll be sailing on 2/4 and have no idea how I'll react to being on a ship (nausea etc.) or how I'd respond to Alli, I think I'll wait and join you after the cruise. From everything I've been reading, with the results you all have had, I'm looking foward to starting the program with you. It will be good knowing that after indulging in the food aboard the ship you all will be here. Who knows, perhaps I'll fall in love with cruising as many of you have and can set a reward of reaching a goal weight and celebrating with another cruise. ;)

And still doing great with Alli. I'm so glad I decided not to use the scale this time and I've not been discouraged. I wake up everyday and look in the mirror. My "outie" belly button is now an "innie"! I'm out of clothing that fits and am on the fence about shopping since it's coming off so fast. November 5th 07 I had a 40" waist. Today 34" are feeling too loose...wish you all the same success.

Guest Host Cheryl

Sue, you are doing so well. It is encouraging. Thanks for sharing. I leave for my cruise in 10 days, I'll take the Alli book and some healthy eating books as my reading material. :-) I'm looking forward to trying to catch you in the weight loss in Feb.

I'm joining the club... :rolleyes: I just put in an order for Alli after reading some of the good to great results from some of you. I don't go on my cruise until the end of Oct. 08, so I should be able to lose some real weight by then, even if it's just 4 lbs. per week. (And I've been working on a diet on my own for a couple of weeks and have lost about 2 lbs. per week without Alli.) I need a boost for that or I won't be able to stick with it. I don't have a lot of exercise time, so I need something to accelerate things otherwise. Wish me luck! :D

Guest Host Cheryl

Hey Haubera, glad you are joining.... I'll be starting the second week of Feb. Be sure to post how you are doing as I'll look as soon as we return. Hopefully the others will pop back in as well.....

Hi guys! I still pop in once in awhile. Alli was a great tool for me to take off the weight I wanted to lose. I still take one every night with dinner, so have not gained any back. I have upped my calorie intake some to do the maintenance thing. Good luck to all. In a month I cruise - looking forward to wearing the "new" stuff!:D

I am going to start this sometime this week. I did South Beach and lost 40 and gained it back plus more. Quit smoking which was a huge factor. I feel like going back to smoking at times to control the weight but know that is not the solution. I hate myself. I do not eat a lot of fatty foods which is really discouraging.

Where did the Dolphingan go. What an inspiration. How are you doing. Post no matter what.

Archived