Anyone trying this Alli system ????

babyher

I think I'll be ordering Alli after all the great results listed here.

I need to drop some pounds for my BF's wedding in Dec. 08 & my wedding in March 09.

I have been trying to eat better since the start of 08, and although I haven't gained any weight, it's not coming off either.

I started the alli program today, I've had the pills for about a month, but was afraid to take them- treatment effects don't sound very appealing, I spoke with my dr. and he encouraged be to double the dose to the original rx strength, he said that is what would give me the best result when combined with diet and exercise, I am actually pretty good about exercise once I get going, I like to walk and I sort of like my stationary bike, I need to find a good eating plan, I prefer one that tells me exactly what I can put in my mouth and when, going to search on line, I had really good success with atkins in past, I may stick with that. Good luck everyone!

Got my pack today, after I had already eaten some french bread pizza. Don't think I'm going to try them until tomorrow, then going to take some "precautionary" items along to work to make sure I don't get embarrassed.

I thought I saw something mentioned about having TE's until the fat gets out of your system?? So the food I ate over the weekend could come back to haunt me?? (Steak) Anyone have any info on that? I haven't had time yet to read all the info that came in the starter pack.

I started mine yesterday morning, taking full rx amount, so far no TE's am being careful to not overdo amount of fat in each meal, also walked for 40 minutes last night, I am a size 14 right now and plan on being back down to my usual size 4 by my 09 cruise, this was a rather sudden weight gain about 4 years ago and it's time to step up and do something about it.

Good job! Looks like we may have to be each others cheering section as no one else seems to be checking in. I'm like you, a little nervous to start, but if you did a day without any issues, then I can! :)

Going to sign into the Alli website and get my plan instructions and I'll start it tomorrow.

How's everyone doing? I did pretty good yesterday, but today , not so good. It's only 2:00pm here and I've pretty much eaten my whole days worth of food already, I'll be able to have a piece of fruit and a diet yogurt to get me thru bedtime, maybe I should just go to bed now! lol, still taking the alli, I notice things seem to be "moving along" at a faster pace than usual, but no yucky surprises, thank goodness! As long as I get thru to bedtime and do my walking tonight then I will still be on track for today, good luck to everyone else!

Ok, I'll admit it.....I didn't read this thread....too many posts. But I do have a question. I read on the Alli website that if you stop taking Alli you may gain the weight back. So I assume that means that you have to be willing to commit to Alli forever?

Ok, I'll admit it.....I didn't read this thread....too many posts. But I do have a question. I read on the Alli website that if you stop taking Alli you may gain the weight back. So I assume that means that you have to be willing to commit to Alli forever?

Brenda33,

Just like any diet, if you don't change your eating habits, you will gain your weight back. The best way to keep the weight off is to change your fat life style of eating. Easier said than done. I have been on Alli for 5 months I have maintained a 46 lbs. weight lost as of today. It was hard for me during the Christmas holidays. I hope to step it up abit. So good luck to all of you that are on Alli now stay with it I do believe it works.

Bonnie:)

OK, I'll admit... I haven't actually started taking the pill yet. I got on the myalli site and they recommended I start it on the weekend so any TE's could be dealt with in private. I am trying to do the low fat diet, though. I'm going to take the first dose tomorrow evening, so we'll see how well that is succeeding. :confused:

started taking the pills today... cheerios for a.m. so no pill, ham sandwich for lunch so testing the limits there. peeled shrimp and salad for dinner. We'll see how this goes!

YaHoo Haubera, best of luck. On your cereal did you use skim milk? I call it blue milk and cannot stand it. I do like 2% milk and was wondering if I will get TE from that.

Does anyone know if you are going to be struck with TE how many hours/mins do you get it once you have injested too many fats?

YaHoo Haubera, best of luck. On your cereal did you use skim milk? I call it blue milk and cannot stand it. I do like 2% milk and was wondering if I will get TE from that.

Does anyone know if you are going to be struck with TE how many hours/mins do you get it once you have injested too many fats?

Yes, I used skim milk. Wean yourself from 2% down to 1% then to skim and you'll be ok. I was just like you when I tried to go straight from 2% to skim.. Yuck. You can get used to it. 2% milk does show up on the list of available foods, you just have to balance it with something that is fat free to keep the grams down.

So far no problems. I'm really tempted to grill up a steak and see how that goes. I love my steaks on the grill. I'll give it until next weekend to try though... sigh.

I know I'm going to cheat some on this as everything I love is either forbidden or very limited. I figure as long as I know that and don't do it all the time I'll be ok. The one thing I'll try to watch closely will be the fat content.

Got on the scale this morning after a shower and with clothes on and didn't weigh any more than I usually do without the clothes and shower water, so I think it's starting to work. I know I've had a couple of bouts with TE's when I get crazy and let myself have to much fat in a meal. Nothing to write horror stories about, though. Just making sure I am aware of what I ate the day before. Timing is everything. ;)

Finding alternate foods and some surprisingly tasty foods that you'd never believe are low fat. Shredded Barbecued pork from Walmart, only about 8 grams per half cup... who knew? Yummy. Had 2 last night and still didn't use all my calories and fat gram allowance.

Good luck, Squeeky!

Wow! You're doing great! I haven't lost nearly that much yet, but I'm also giving myself at least one day off to eat some of my favorite foods. I lost about 2 lbs. over last week. Scales aren't dropping as fast as I hoped, but my clothes are getting looser, so that's a good sign. I'm also not really doing anything about exercising... how about you?

Hello Everyone!!

I have a cruise coming up in May and I so far have lost 5 lbs on my own...I am looking to lose between 15-20 lbs more before that. I go to the gym daily and have joined sparkpeople to help me track my calories (but I usually cheat REALLY bad over the weekends:() I have just picked up a 90 day starter pack of alli today and plan on starting it tomorrow. Best of luck to you all!!! :)

I'll update regularly as my progress gets going.

~Kristina

Hello everyone! I was one of the first people who first started this thread, lost 32 pounds in a couple of months on Alli, went on a cruise, never went back on it and gained 20 pounds back! I'm a BAD BAD BAD girl! lol

I have another cruise planned for Aug. 23rd of this year (that and I turn the big 50) and am determined I'm not going to be fatty at 50! lol

Started my Alli yesterday and as usual, no side effects. I;ve been really lucky in that way. My daughter is trying to lose some weight so we are trying to walk at least 20 minutes each night.

Has Pam and Marina gone???

Hi Haubera: That's great news anytime clothes get looser. I haven't exercised but am starting Zumba tomorrow so that should be fun!

Hey Kristina way to go on the 5lbs on your own. Going to the gym daily has got to be a huge bonus. Your lbs should start melting off pretty fast when you start alli.Please do keep us informed. It's nice to hear how folks are doing.

Welcome back Dolpin, glad you are still thinking of folks here! So what if you fell off the wagon for a bit. Git back on er! an away you go.

I have another cruise planned for Aug. 23rd of this year (that and I turn the big 50) and am determined I'm not going to be fatty at 50! lol

I also am staring at being 50 and don't want to carry so much weight into the second "half" of my life (I've always said I want to live to 100!). I was fairly slim until after I hit 30, then I slowed down and the pounds slowly packed on. Time to reverse that trend. I figure if I lose a little more maybe I'll also start feeling more energetic and some exercising will happen and I'll lose faster.

We can do this, ladies!!

I'm also in "the biggest loser" contest at work, so more incentive to drop some pounds. Each person put in $25 and the winner gets the pool! Should be at least 100 bucks in there. Enough to buy a new outfit for the cruise! :D

Hi Haubera: That's great news anytime clothes get looser. I haven't exercised but am starting Zumba tomorrow so that should be fun!

Hey Kristina way to go on the 5lbs on your own. Going to the gym daily has got to be a huge bonus. Your lbs should start melting off pretty fast when you start alli.Please do keep us informed. It's nice to hear how folks are doing.

Welcome back Dolpin, glad you are still thinking of folks here! So what if you fell off the wagon for a bit. Git back on er! an away you go.

Back on the wagon I am..lol..started Monday and down 3 pounds already. The first 8-10 usually fall off..ist after that when it gets hard, but I'm in for the long haul.

I want to skydive for my 50th and don't want to be too heavy and bring us down too fast..lol

Archived