Anyone trying this Alli system ????

babyher

Cheryl, you can do this!! You totally motivated me the first time I did it. I am down 5 lbs already and it's only been a little over a week. I feel sooo much better with the scale going down instead of up!!!!!!! Once it starts to move in the right direction, it seems to really keep me motivated. I want to be able to fit into my smaller capris and other spring clothes! Just taking one or two a day makes me too nervous to even slip up a little! I finally enjoy going to bed hungry and look forward to my morning weigh in! ;)

Just think how much better you'll feel!!!!!!!

I am down 2 pounds from last week..off to a slow start but "forgot" a few pills here and there..going to try harder this week. I now have (2) cruise and want to get back into last years cruise clothes or even better..a smaller size than that! lol

I am getting ready to go back to Sparkpeople and redo my goals, etc. It seemed to help knowing what I was eating, etc. Are you still doing Sparkpeople?

Chery, how did your weekend go?? You ARE starting today, right??????

Keep in touch!

I'm down a little more. 6.5 in a week and a half!!!

Pam....Whoohooo..thats wonderful!!! And yes, I started this morning :-)

Newbie..I agree with Pam..I would do the same if I were you. Just remember to get back on it when you come back. I made the mistake after my cruise of going off the pills (and my diet) and gained 20 pouns back in 5 months!

Good job Cheryl! Stick with it and you will look and feel awesome on your cruises. :eek: I wish I had two cruises booked. I'm still planning on an Aruba trip with all the girls at my salon in the fall/winter of next year. Should be fun!

Have a great day!

Pam

Liz, how are you doing???

Have fun skiing newbiecruiser!!!

Good job Cheryl! Stick with it and you will look and feel awesome on your cruises. :eek: I wish I had two cruises booked. I'm still planning on an Aruba trip with all the girls at my salon in the fall/winter of next year. Should be fun!

Have a great day!

Pam

Liz, how are you doing???

Have fun skiing newbiecruiser!!!

WOW..Aruba..never been! Where are you leaving out of and for how long? Already did the East & West. Carib..would be fun to do something new!!

We've cruised to Aruba a couple of times. Usually out of Puerto Rico. I've also gone with a friend for a 5 night trip. It is a nice island. It's very far south so, it's always hot. Usually on a 'Southern Carib. cruise'. Not the prettiest island but nice. It a big desert type island. Not lush and green but, the beaches are all beautiful!!! You'd love it there! Where are your two cruises going?Cruising with Carnival???

And no, I am not doing sparkpeople. Just go on it every now and then to check the fats of some foods. I keep up with my weigh-ins on mialli.

We've cruised to Aruba a couple of times. Usually out of Puerto Rico. I've also gone with a friend for a 5 night trip. It is a nice island. It's very far south so, it's always hot. Usually on a 'Southern Carib. cruise'. Not the prettiest island but nice. It a big desert type island. Not lush and green but, the beaches are all beautiful!!! You'd love it there! Where are your two cruises going?Cruising with Carnival???

And no, I am not doing sparkpeople. Just go on it every now and then to check the fats of some foods. I keep up with my weigh-ins on mialli.

My 1st one on 8/15-18 with my DM & DD..we are leaving out of Port Canaveral on Royal Carib. just Friday-Monday..were going to Nassau & their private island Coco Cay (this is the main reason for this trip). My next one is 8/23 on the Glory and we are doing the Western Carib. since we didn't make it there last year due to the hurricanes.

I have been on this plan for a full three weeks and it does work, because the scale finally budged. It has been a slow and frustrating process though. Exercise and dieting are not the problem, the weight simply won't come off. I'll work out hard for four hours a day and only eat 800-1000 calories a day and nothing! It has to be age related. :mad:

anyway, I did finally lose five pounds with Alli - but it took three weeks. I can only hope to be as successful as dolphin fan - thanks for your words and encouragement.

Oh, and I did have one disastrous TE after binging from frustration. I may need a new sofa. It isn't always about making it to the toilet in time. This was like a silent popcorn oil leak - now I know what leakage means. I thought I was gonna die. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I have been on this plan for a full three weeks and it does work, because the scale finally budged. It has been a slow and frustrating process though. Exercise and dieting are not the problem, the weight simply won't come off. I'll work out hard for four hours a day and only eat 800-1000 calories a day and nothing! It has to be age related. :mad:

anyway, I did finally lose five pounds with Alli - but it took three weeks. I can only hope to be as successful as dolphin fan - thanks for your words and encouragement.

Oh, and I did have one disastrous TE after binging from frustration. I may need a new sofa. It isn't always about making it to the toilet in time. This was like a silent popcorn oil leak - now I know what leakage means. I thought I was gonna die. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

First..let me say congratulations on your 5 pounds and sorry about the TE's..yuck!!!!

2nd..you have to make sure you eat AT LEAST 1200 calories, sometimes more depending on your weight right now. If you do not eat enough calories, your body thinks its starving and will hold onto the fat and you will lose muscle instead of the fat you want to lose. Have you gone to Sparkspeople yet? Once you join (its free), it will tell you how much calories you need to comsume each day and its an easy way to do so.

Let me know if I can be of any help :-)

Thanks. You're a doll. I will have to try that website. I have been faithful at putting everything I eat on the Alli website and it seems like a lot of food, but I'm going by their calorie count. Also, when they say to eat 1800 calories a day, that seems too high.

Typically I will eat a grapefruit for breakfast (no pill)

Lettuce salad with tuna or salmon for lunch (pill)

oatmeal and egg whites or popcorn or sugar free jello for an evening snack

mostly a regular dinner, but lo carb (pill)

I think my body has shut down from being a yo-yo dieter for so long - but I was always around 130 at 5'7" until I quit smoking and hit the magic age of dried up. Then I packed on 40 pounds and could never get it off. But I am still trying.

I will stay with this support thread and hope to learn more.;)

Thanks. You're a doll. I will have to try that website. I have been faithful at putting everything I eat on the Alli website and it seems like a lot of food, but I'm going by their calorie count. Also, when they say to eat 1800 calories a day, that seems too high.

Typically I will eat a grapefruit for breakfast (no pill)

Lettuce salad with tuna or salmon for lunch (pill)

oatmeal and egg whites or popcorn or sugar free jello for an evening snack

mostly a regular dinner, but lo carb (pill)

I think my body has shut down from being a yo-yo dieter for so long - but I was always around 130 at 5'7" until I quit smoking and hit the magic age of dried up. Then I packed on 40 pounds and could never get it off. But I am still trying.

I will stay with this support thread and hope to learn more.;)

Yeah..you are definately not eating enough, plsu you want to get "enough" fat too..if you don't your skin will dry out, you won't be able to "you know what"..etc. There is no way I would consume 1800 calories on my diet either. 1200 works for me and I need to lose 40 pounds as well. Check our Sparkspeople..I like it MUCH better than the Alli site!

Happy Tuesday everyone!

I am pleased to say that I am down two pounds from last week which is good, but I could have done better.

I had my first real experience with TEs. WOW! Not pleasant; but it wasn't that big of a deal either. The most interesting thing was seeing the fat in the toilet (tmi, I know). It was like some strange science experiement.

I really think this Alli stuff is helping me, which is super encouraging and makes me want to stick to my diet.

Down two more, 15 to go.

Hope everyone is doing well.

The sparkpeople recipes are awesome. The slow-cooker salsa chicken and the ketchup chicken are my favorites...even the husband likes them.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

I am pleased to say that I am down two pounds from last week which is good, but I could have done better.

I had my first real experience with TEs. WOW! Not pleasant; but it wasn't that big of a deal either. The most interesting thing was seeing the fat in the toilet (tmi, I know). It was like some strange science experiement.

I really think this Alli stuff is helping me, which is super encouraging and makes me want to stick to my diet.

Down two more, 15 to go.

Hope everyone is doing well.

That's fantastic!!!! Way to go!!!

Yeah..I understand about the toilet bowl..lol..I had to buy a cleaner since I work with 2 other woman..it definately can leave a little "stain" around the edges..lol

Liz, what did you eat that caused the TE's?? Any idea? -just wondering so that I can avoid it! lol

I can only assume what caused it. On Saturday I had a Chipotle chicken burrito bowl (yum) and on Sunday I went to a meeting and had regular ranch dressing on my salad, along with some croutons, and a cookie for dessert (among normal other foods during the day). I didn't feel anything until yesterday morning. So I have no idea. I just know that I need to be better. And like I said, it wasn't horrible, just kind of a shock and interesting. I almost want to super gorge just to see what I can make my body do...even though I know I would regret it later.

So my guess is that the Chipotle did it. So warning to everyone: DON'T EAT CHIPOTLE, AND IF YOU DO, STAY CLOSE TO HOME FOR THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS.

Hi Everyone (sorry I don't know names yet) I stopped the pills yesterday afternoon (in prep for a ski trip starting tomorrow-resort food!) I just had a small piece of choc cake with dinner so I hope that does not do me in with the TEs. I weighed myself yesterday and I was down 3.2 lbs (since last Weds). I am not sure if I am eating enough fat since my skin seems drier and I have had trouble "going" at times. I think I am so fearful of the TEs I may be doing my self more trouble. After we get back from skiing I am going to try to start entering my meals onto either Alli or Sparkpeople (I had been journaling in a WW journal) but I don' know what is best to do (I can't seem to write/journal in 2 places--one is hard enough)

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday evening. Maggie

Don't play with food to see if this works - that's what I did and barely lived to regret it. Like I said, I binged from frustration and feeling starved of carbs. I ate ice cream, potato chips, oreos, cheese and crackers. A fat gram extravaganza. The thing is, nothing has come out of me but oil - and that was last Saturday night.

Not to be real gross, but when I first started taking Alli, every morning I had a drastic movement, but it was at least controlled. I felt cleaned out and full of energy. Now I'm confused as to where all the food is going. I haven't had a regular BM since Saturday.

and a warning for your ski trip - seriously - wear a panti liner or pad.

I weigh in on Friday and so far I'm still at 5 pounds - the scale has stalled again, but my stomach is getting flatter.

Wow! That must be horrible, Bable!!! I've never had a TE. In fact, I hadn't 'gone' in 4 days and finally went yesterday. It was the most 'normal' I've ever been!!!! Probably because I've been extremly careful with the amount of fats I'm eating. Do NOT want that to happen while I'm dealing with clients at work!

It's been almost two weeks for me and I'm down 8 lbs! Jeans are starting to losen up and I'm feeling much better about myself.

Stick with the program -following the directions!!! ;) and you will lose!

Pam

I'm down one pound and tomorrow is my official weigh in day. I only ate oatmeal and egg whites yesterday to try and balance my system - it seems to have done the trick. I'll put cinnamon and splenda in the oatmeal and portion it out in one cup containers. If I feel starved, I'll use that to save me from a binge.

Success! Very happy to reach my goal for today of -3 for the week!! Now, give me the strength to get through the weekend. I'm getting a new haircut today to go with the new me I am becoming!

Happy Easter to all who celebrate :)

Hi Everyone (sorry I don't know names yet) I stopped the pills yesterday afternoon (in prep for a ski trip starting tomorrow-resort food!) I just had a small piece of choc cake with dinner so I hope that does not do me in with the TEs. I weighed myself yesterday and I was down 3.2 lbs (since last Weds). I am not sure if I am eating enough fat since my skin seems drier and I have had trouble "going" at times. I think I am so fearful of the TEs I may be doing my self more trouble. After we get back from skiing I am going to try to start entering my meals onto either Alli or Sparkpeople (I had been journaling in a WW journal) but I don' know what is best to do (I can't seem to write/journal in 2 places--one is hard enough)

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday evening. Maggie

Congrats on the 3.2 pound loss..thats terrific!!!

Wow! That must be horrible, Bable!!! I've never had a TE. In fact, I hadn't 'gone' in 4 days and finally went yesterday. It was the most 'normal' I've ever been!!!! Probably because I've been extremly careful with the amount of fats I'm eating. Do NOT want that to happen while I'm dealing with clients at work!

It's been almost two weeks for me and I'm down 8 lbs! Jeans are starting to losen up and I'm feeling much better about myself.

Stick with the program -following the directions!!! ;) and you will lose!

Pam

Pam..thats great!! I was down 2 pounds last week and hope to be at least another 3 this week (I cheated and weighed myself and I was down 2 pounds, so I hopeing I can lose another before Monday). Feels good to be finally sticking to it!!

Success! Very happy to reach my goal for today of -3 for the week!! Now, give me the strength to get through the weekend. I'm getting a new haircut today to go with the new me I am becoming!

Happy Easter to all who celebrate :)

Congrats on the weight loss..sounds like your working very hard to make this happen..keep it up..your doing great!

Thanks for the encouragement. Another good day. I hope I can keep up the 3 pound weight loss per week as you did. Six weeks until I cruise and I do hope for at least another ten pounds (hopefully more) lost by then. It's been a long three months to get to this point. One month on Alli with 8 pounds lost. Two months on Atkins with 7 pounds lost. 15 pounds in three months is slow, but I'm losing.

Archived