Anyone trying this Alli system ????

babyher

I also am staring at being 50 and don't want to carry so much weight into the second "half" of my life (I've always said I want to live to 100!). I was fairly slim until after I hit 30, then I slowed down and the pounds slowly packed on. Time to reverse that trend. I figure if I lose a little more maybe I'll also start feeling more energetic and some exercising will happen and I'll lose faster.

We can do this, ladies!!

I'm also in "the biggest loser" contest at work, so more incentive to drop some pounds. Each person put in $25 and the winner gets the pool! Should be at least 100 bucks in there. Enough to buy a new outfit for the cruise! :D

A pool is a great idea! Hope you win!!!

Last year my good friend Sue & I placed a bet before our cruise. The person to lose the most weight by the cruise got $50. When we weighed in (the day of the cruise) we both lost EXACTLY the same amount..32 pounds!! What are the odds of that. As far as I'm concerned we were both winners!!!!

Back on the wagon I am..lol..started Monday and down 3 pounds already. The first 8-10 usually fall off..ist after that when it gets hard, but I'm in for the long haul.

I want to skydive for my 50th and don't want to be too heavy and bring us down too fast..lol

Wow, what a gal! You have set a fabulous goal that only a few in the world do! Skydiving Oh My. You defenitly have what it takes to get there. Congrats on the being around for the long haul.

Take pics of that dive.

Sky diving??!!:confused: More power to you sweetheart! There's no way I'm jumping out of a perfectly good airplane.

You both must be much stricter on the diet than me. I'm losing, but very much slower than you.

That's too funny that you and your friend both lost the same amount Dolphn. Was she doing Alli too?

This was my first official weight in. A loss of 2 pounds from my origonal weight. Better than nothing, however I was sure disappointed when I got on it as I thought I had already lost about 6lbs. So either I weighted myself wrong at one point or I gained weight! My clothes do not feel any looser yet. Onto week 2. I have had no TE.

Hope you are all doing super.

lost just one more pound last week, but also exceeded my calorie count on more than one occasion. I'm hoping as the weather gets better (and the nights get lighter) I'll get out and take walks and such. I felt like going bike riding today, but it was dark by the time I got home from work. Exercise would probably help me in more than one way.

Here I am Cheryl!!!

Decided to come back on and see if you were around. I really have been bad since my November cruise, too. I really want to start the Alli again but, need to 'behave' for a few days before I take my first pill. I think I am really going to buckle down and do this. I am supposed to go with friends to celebrate a birthday Saturday night so, I am now saying-- I WILL START THE THREE DAY LOW FAT ON SUNDAY!!!!! Wednesday, I will be able to take my first pill!!!!

I really need to do the Alli. It worked great the first time. Wish I didn't go off of it.

Wish me luck !!!

Sky diving??!!:confused: More power to you sweetheart! There's no way I'm jumping out of a perfectly good airplane.

You both must be much stricter on the diet than me. I'm losing, but very much slower than you.

That's too funny that you and your friend both lost the same amount Dolphn. Was she doing Alli too?

No..she actually did it with Weight Watchers.

This was my first official weight in. A loss of 2 pounds from my origonal weight. Better than nothing, however I was sure disappointed when I got on it as I thought I had already lost about 6lbs. So either I weighted myself wrong at one point or I gained weight! My clothes do not feel any looser yet. Onto week 2. I have had no TE.

Hope you are all doing super.

Make sure you drink lots and lots of water..you might be retaining. I noticed it happened to me when I didn't drink my 8 glasses a day. It could mean the matter of 2-4 pounds. Also, you may not see a change one day but the next see 3-4 pounds gone!

Here I am Cheryl!!!

Decided to come back on and see if you were around. I really have been bad since my November cruise, too. I really want to start the Alli again but, need to 'behave' for a few days before I take my first pill. I think I am really going to buckle down and do this. I am supposed to go with friends to celebrate a birthday Saturday night so, I am now saying-- I WILL START THE THREE DAY LOW FAT ON SUNDAY!!!!! Wednesday, I will be able to take my first pill!!!!

I really need to do the Alli. It worked great the first time. Wish I didn't go off of it.

Wish me luck !!!

OK..Sunday is your last day to play..lol..we need to stick together!!!!

Hi all,

I am going on my first cruise in April and had lost 13, took a week or two off and am still down 10. My goal before the cruise is to lose another 10. I have a bottle of Alli in the cabinet that I have been too chicken to try. I am going to jump back on the wagon tomorrow. Before starting Alli do I need to be eating right for a few days to avoid the side effects, or can I start it tomorrow?

Thanks!

Things are going slow for me too. I think I need to try a different tack. Eating frequently during the day doesn't seem to work for me. I need to eat 2 or 3 good meals and skip all the snacks they suggest. I think I'm eating too often and my body isn't used to that. On the plus side, though, the weather is starting to get decent so I'm hopefully going to start exercising more. Maybe that will start helping.

Hi all,

I am going on my first cruise in April and had lost 13, took a week or two off and am still down 10. My goal before the cruise is to lose another 10. I have a bottle of Alli in the cabinet that I have been too chicken to try. I am going to jump back on the wagon tomorrow. Before starting Alli do I need to be eating right for a few days to avoid the side effects, or can I start it tomorrow?

Thanks!

Hi Callie, glad you are joining us. As you can see we need all the suport we can get. Yes you really do need to ear right the first 3 days before taking the pills to make sure you don't get TE. Good luck and keep us informed.

Dolphin, thanks for reminding me of the water. I have not been drinking as much even though I go nowhere without my water bottle.

Haubera, I'm not used to the snacks either. I can do the one in the afternoon but not the morning. Lets stay with this. It should start kicking in.

Keep your heads up! You can do it!!

Weekly weigh-in: 141 lbs....lost 3 more pounds with Alli (4 lbs total)

Long term goal: 125 lbs.

Short term goals:

March 14th: 140 lbs.

March 31st: 136 lbs

April 14th: 133 lbs.

April 30th: 129 lbs

May 9th (Leave for my cruise!! :)): 126 lbs.

BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE!!

~Kristina

Trust me..it will come off. Some people it seems to take a little while longer. You have to remember that you MUST eat at least 1,200 calories a day and drink lots of water. The reason you should eat 3 meals, plus snacks is so your body does not think you are starving it. If you do not eat enough, it will HOLD ONTO the fat. Here is an example of what I ate while on Alli:

8am - Banana (great for potassium)

9am - Bowl of High Fiber cereal with Low Fat Milk or Oatmeal. Took pill at that time)

10:30 - Some kind of fruit (cut up apples are good and trick your body into thinking your full)

12:30 - WW, Lean Quisine, etc. for lunch with a small salad (took one pill again)

3:00 - Fat Free pudding if I was craving something sweet (to get my calcium in) or pretzels if I was craving something salty

5:30 - Low fat dinner (chicken, fish, piles of steamed veggies with a salad) last pill of the day.

7:30 - Low fat popcorn or cottage cheese with fruit, etc. for a snack

I also made sure I drank AT LEAST 8 glasses of water a day (this includes iced tea, coffee)

I averaged 3 pounds a week doing this. I hope this helps!

Took my first pill today. Hopefully this will work. I've been on a lowfat/lowcal/ww diet for a long time; but I really need to step it up for my cruise in Nov. I have a 10 month old baby at home, so I'm still trying to lose those last pounds from my pregnancy.

Ending Pregnancy weight: 206

Home from the hospital: 180

Today: 147.5

Goal: 130, and lookin' good in a bikini

Hi DolphinFan:

I'm back on Alli again. Remember me from last year when we started taking Alli about the same time? It didn't do anything for me and I stopped taking it and went on a few cruises and realize that I have to do something before my next cruise in 6 months, so I'm taking Alli again and trying harder this time.

I had a salad from Wendy's today and had terrible "TE" afterwards. It was the only thing I ate and I'm thinking it must have been the salad dressing, as it wasn't low fat. Has anyone else had any problems with Wendy's salads? I love their "Chicken BLT Salad", but it doesn't seem to be the best thing to eat for lunch.

Happy Cruising....Sparkle 10 (Anita)

Took my first pill today. Hopefully this will work. I've been on a lowfat/lowcal/ww diet for a long time; but I really need to step it up for my cruise in Nov. I have a 10 month old baby at home, so I'm still trying to lose those last pounds from my pregnancy.

Ending Pregnancy weight: 206

Home from the hospital: 180

Today: 147.5

Goal: 130, and lookin' good in a bikini

You'll do it..BTW..beautiful baby!!

Hi DolphinFan:

I'm back on Alli again. Remember me from last year when we started taking Alli about the same time? It didn't do anything for me and I stopped taking it and went on a few cruises and realize that I have to do something before my next cruise in 6 months, so I'm taking Alli again and trying harder this time.

I had a salad from Wendy's today and had terrible "TE" afterwards. It was the only thing I ate and I'm thinking it must have been the salad dressing, as it wasn't low fat. Has anyone else had any problems with Wendy's salads? I love their "Chicken BLT Salad", but it doesn't seem to be the best thing to eat for lunch.

Happy Cruising....Sparkle 10 (Anita)

Welcome back! Yeah..my cruise is in August so I REALLY have to jump on it!

I think the bacon in the BLT Salad is what did you in..way too much fat in bacon..that and the dressing!

Hi Anita!

Good luck on Alli! I have found that the little Alli book that gives you calories/fat content to be very helpful when it comes to fast food. I try to avoid it like the plague, but I never ate fast food that much before my diet. Check out McDonald's Asian Salad. With the salad dressing I believe it's only like 300ish calories and 10 grams of fat...something like that. Or is it possible that you can pack your lunch? This has saved me so much grief deciding what to eat!! :) Best of luck to you!

~Kristina

I've been really baaaddd. It was my birthday Monday and I completely went off the diet not only then, but all weekend long. I have to start losing again. :(

As far as thinking salad is the safe choice... I had an asian chicken salad at a local restaurant last week and had a lot of side effects. I figured that although the dressing seemed to just be sugary and sesame seeds it had a lot of oil in it. I actually had fish and chips on Monday that didn't give me near as much trouble. (Mostly just ate the fish.)

On the plus side I started the strength training exercises tonight, so maybe that will kick things into gear if I keep that up.

I think WE can, I think WE can... *sigh*

I've been really baaaddd. It was my birthday Monday and I completely went off the diet not only then, but all weekend long. I have to start losing again. :(

As far as thinking salad is the safe choice... I had an asian chicken salad at a local restaurant last week and had a lot of side effects. I figured that although the dressing seemed to just be sugary and sesame seeds it had a lot of oil in it. I actually had fish and chips on Monday that didn't give me near as much trouble. (Mostly just ate the fish.)

On the plus side I started the strength training exercises tonight, so maybe that will kick things into gear if I keep that up.

I think WE can, I think WE can... *sigh*

You can do it..you can do it!!! lol

Wendy's Chicken BLT Salad has 650 calories and a whopping 44gms of fat!

The Mandarin Chicken Salad has 520 calories and 25gms of fat.

The Ceasar Side Salad has 80 calories and 9gms of fat.

Sparkpeople is the best free online resource if you're on Alli. It takes only seconds to enter your food and almost every possible food item is in there. (even alcohol). If something isn't you can enter it manually. Once food is entered you can see where you're deficient in fat, calories, carbs or protein.

Taking the few minutes a night entering my food has really kept me on track and reminds me to behave myself. Incidentally a Banana Split from Dairy Queen has 530 calories and 14gms of fat so that Wendy's Salad was the equivalent of a Banana Split and a small cone in calories which combined still have half the fat!

Archived