Yet another ID question...

ddgleason

Okay, I have been keeping up with the thread that is on a sticky about passports. I don't have a passport, neither does my husband. We decided very last minute to go on a cruise in July. I know we can get by with just DL and BC's. But my name on my BC is, of course, my maiden name. Has anyone every had a problem with this? Do you have to show your marriage certificate? When we have cruised before it was never a problem and no one ever asked to see my marriage certificate. I am wondering if that has changed since all the passport stuff started. Anyone been asked to show proof of marriage or not within the past year or so?

I have seen *some* people mention that their marriage certificate was needed, but overwhelmingly the posts I've seen say that they have never been asked. Personally, if I had changed my name (or if my husband decides to dump his father's name at some point legally), even if I thought I'd never ben asked for it, I'd take it with me. Then again, I took our son's birth certificate to Disneyland, just in case there was an issue with them thinking he was older than he was...so I'm a documentation fiend. :)

Okay, I have been keeping up with the thread that is on a sticky about passports. I don't have a passport, neither does my husband. We decided very last minute to go on a cruise in July. I know we can get by with just DL and BC's. But my name on my BC is, of course, my maiden name. Has anyone every had a problem with this?

I would think as long as your photo I.D. is the same name as your cruise ticket it would not be a problem.

Most married women do not have the same name as on their BC...I know these day many do.

I have travelled for my 37 years of marriage and never been asked for marriage licence

Most Immigration officals can figure that one out

I've done 50 cruises and I've never been asked for my marriage license or divorce decree. The only times you would be asked for a marriage license is if you're cruising and underage or if you're newly married and the name on your photo ID and the cruise documents are different.

Archived