Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

It confused me at first too! It's all in the way that Fairbourne expresses herself......I can hear her accent through her typed words....love it!!!!

She means: Wex's profile is just like her girl dog [it's also just like Horty.] But, nothing like Brenny......Did I get it right Fairbourne?

Ahhhh now I got it! DUHHHH!!!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Next week my daughter is coming down from Oregon....I can't wait to see her. We're going to go through some of Morey's things. So tough!!!!

I know it will be tough for you Roz. So glad your daughter will come for a visit, I know you don't get to see her as much as you would like to. She will be a great comfort to you.

I meant looking at him side on he was lying, he looked the spitting image of our girl dog - that elegant head with long snout - it could have been her lying there! :)

Unlike the "tank head" of our boy dog! ;):). Who we reckon is part Shetland pony! :eek:

I think we need to see some pics of these doggies!!

You're gonna love this one: I'm at an event in Westlake Village, CA. and Horton had to go potty so I took him to a plot of grass and he was peeing...[Horton can pee for the longest time, he has a huge bladder!].....Two men come running at me waving their hands, yelling "stop that, stop that!" It was on the lawn of the Dole Pineapple Corporate offices. One man, in an angry tone says, "Pick that up!" I said, "Pick up his urine, you're kidding, right?" He said, "No, I'm not kidding, I'm sick and tired of folks who leave their dogs waste on our lawn!"

I said to him, "How do you want me to pick up his urine?" "If you have a sponge with you, I could try!" As I was laughing inside my head. I turned away from them and proceeded back to the hotel, where our event was.

Don't you just love it!!!!!! Wait for it.....here comes Roz's favorite word......MORONS!

I would say thats the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard :confused: Who would even say something like that? It makes no sense. Maybe you could hold your empty coffee cup under there and catch it?

Yes that's right Roz! They are all different but just the way Wexler was lying there, with his pal, it made me smile! :)

As for the boy dog he's just "tank head"! If we pass a field of cattle on our walks they will follow us all the way, leaning over the fence and they are always particularly interested in him - I'm sure they think he's a calf! And they want him back! LOL!

I loved your "sponge story" - what idiots!

"Tank head" that's Brenda. It's in the gene's of an English Lab. I thought there was nothing more beautiful than that head and then Horton came along... I love them both.

That's so funny about the calf and exactly what that square head looks like!

And a great weekend to you too Roz!

You'll be looking forward to seeing your daughter, and even though your task is a tough one, you will be able to share some happy memories too! I'm sure Brenda and Horton will be great supervisors and keep you both right! ;):)

Thanks, love. It will be difficult but it must be done. Lisa and her dad were very close, she's struggling and this may help her more than me!

I know it will be tough for you Roz. So glad your daughter will come for a visit, I know you don't get to see her as much as you would like to. She will be a great comfort to you.

Thank you, Cindy. She is a dear friend to me and she and Morey were very close, she misses her him so much. We'll comfort each other.

Love you!

I would say thats the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard :confused: Who would even say something like that? It makes no sense. Maybe you could hold your empty coffee cup under there and catch it?

Seriously!!!! He's so dang tall I'd have plenty of room to put a bucket there!

Let's change the subject......You know what I'm going to do tomorrow? Look at my clothes and see what I want to take for my upcoming cruise.....how much fun is that! ;)

Let's change the subject......You know what I'm going to do tomorrow? Look at my clothes and see what I want to take for my upcoming cruise.....how much fun is that! ;)

Wow that cruise came fast!! I bet you are very excited. Are you going with your SIL? Time flies as we get older. :eek: John has one more week off then its back to school. Our cruise will be here before you know it.

Good Morning to all of my friends. Both four footed and two footed and those on wheels. Just spent a lovely hour catching up on the world. Roz, I am glad Brenny is feeling better. Aunty Sunshine wishes she could come give her snuggles.

Life has had so many challenges for Rich and myself this past year. He is now one year post transplant and is a "lung transplant survivor". Love that title and well earned if I do say so myself.

While we are ever grateful for this life saving surgery it has had some significant repercussions. Rich decided he needed to retire from the work force and chose his transplant birthday for the day of retirement. He is slowly regaining his strength after 6 months of one infection after another. His weight dropped to 125 lbs and he is 5'11". I keep telling him he needs to drink a shot glass of olive oil every day. Maybe I just need to take him on a cruise instead....

The good news is we are becoming more active with our service dogs in training and think another foster pup might be in our future soon. I think often of Crackers, Cooler and Mackey.

We have been bringing home some of the young pups for a few nights every week They get introduced to the house, an older dog, wheelchairs, and just home living. We take them to the clinic for lab draws. So cute with their little vests on riding on Rich's lap on the wheelchair.

Cindy and Roz...that New England Cruise looks mighty tempting...

Can't remember if I told you, but Oz and I are going on an Eastern Seaboard cruise in October........it is a 14 day cruise to all the Eastern Provinces and States. It starts in Quebec City and ends in Fort Lauderdale.

Our two cruises next year are to/from Europe. One includes the Caribbean on the way back from Europe. So we will have a "taste" of everything.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

29779_398006166692_2197744_n.jpg.f47b443c47c3ff2495a8b881ceb1ad4d.jpg

Can't remember if I told you, but Oz and I are going on an Eastern Seaboard cruise in October........it is a 14 day cruise to all the Eastern Provinces and States. It starts in Quebec City and ends in Fort Lauderdale.

Our two cruises next year are to/from Europe. One includes the Caribbean on the way back from Europe. So we will have a "taste" of everything.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Oh my he is a teeny cutie - now we know how BIG he is!!!

That sounds like a lovely cruise - we did the eastern seaboard a few years ago coming across on a TA and down from Newfoundland to New York. It was interesting but we were too late for the autumnal colours. At St Johns, we were welcomed ashore by a beautiful Newfoundland and her pal, a yellow Labrador! They were wearing bandanas "Welcome to St Johns". They were a welcome sight!

We will be in Fort Lauderdale later this year after a TA - shame it is not October as I would have loved to have had the chance to give that boy a cuddle! LOL!

Good Morning to all of my friends. Both four footed and two footed and those on wheels. Just spent a lovely hour catching up on the world. Roz, I am glad Brenny is feeling better. Aunty Sunshine wishes she could come give her snuggles.

Life has had so many challenges for Rich and myself this past year. He is now one year post transplant and is a "lung transplant survivor". Love that title and well earned if I do say so myself.

While we are ever grateful for this life saving surgery it has had some significant repercussions. Rich decided he needed to retire from the work force and chose his transplant birthday for the day of retirement. He is slowly regaining his strength after 6 months of one infection after another. His weight dropped to 125 lbs and he is 5'11". I keep telling him he needs to drink a shot glass of olive oil every day. Maybe I just need to take him on a cruise instead....

The good news is we are becoming more active with our service dogs in training and think another foster pup might be in our future soon. I think often of Crackers, Cooler and Mackey.

We have been bringing home some of the young pups for a few nights every week They get introduced to the house, an older dog, wheelchairs, and just home living. We take them to the clinic for lab draws. So cute with their little vests on riding on Rich's lap on the wheelchair.

Sunshine426

I am happy to read that your husband Rich is doing well. With Roz often wondering out loud on here how he is doing, I am sure we all wonder along with her, so thanks for letting us know. :)

I'm sure the puppies are a real tonic for you both! What a great job you do.

Yes great fun, and then you can decide that really nothing is "suitable" and you just have to go shopping!!! ;):D.

Oh my he is a teeny cutie - now we know how BIG he is!!!

That sounds like a lovely cruise - we did the eastern seaboard a few years ago coming across on a TA and down from Newfoundland to New York. It was interesting but we were too late for the autumnal colours. At St Johns, we were welcomed ashore by a beautiful Newfoundland and her pal, a yellow Labrador! They were wearing bandanas "Welcome to St Johns". They were a welcome sight!

We will be in Fort Lauderdale later this year after a TA - shame it is not October as I would have loved to have had the chance to give that boy a cuddle! LOL!

We won't arrive in Fort Lauderdale until the middle of November. Will stay three days to get some Christmas shopping done.:D

IMG00297-20121220-2318.jpg.cc5cbaba52990078d05c0ce9a5a965c2.jpg

We won't arrive in Fort Lauderdale until the middle of November. Will stay three days to get some Christmas shopping done.:D

Is he plotted up in your bed??? He looks very, very comfortable! :D What a little tink he is - totally adorable!

That's funny, we are planning on a few extra days in Florida also for Christmas shopping and some warm sunshine before we come back to a cold dark Scottish winter! We don't get there until December though.

[/sizeKaren: Good to hear from you, even though I follow you on Facebook, sometimes post get lost in the shuffle, there. Glad you guys are doing well and ready to get those babies in your house and trained! I know you just can't contain yourself. It's been a long time. I bet Sandy is going to say "Really? I thought you were over that! "

Sandy is a funny dog. 9 years old and going strong. The last year has been hard on her as well. She was always so happy when we were able to take her to the hospital to visit " her dad". She is really glued to his side now that he his home. She usually gives me a "seriously, more puppies" look when I bring home the pups. On the other hand Mackey, Cooler and Crackers all had an impact on their lives. So thankful to belong to the world of service dogs and their training. Has helped me stay strong.:)

Wow that cruise came fast!! I bet you are very excited. Are you going with your SIL? Time flies as we get older. :eek: John has one more week off then its back to school. Our cruise will be here before you know it.

I'm going on this cruise with another CCI Graduate and her Service Dog. My SIL will be joining me next April. I'm looking forward to cruising with another dog.

I can't believe how time does fly so swiftly...is it the age thing? What is going on? I'm so glad you have a cruise right after mine...it always gives us something to look forward to!!!! ;)

Yay!!!! Sunshine's back and we're gonna get in trouble! I'm thrilled to hear of Rich's recovery and may he continue on this wonderful path. He has a lot of weight to gain [never heard those words before!]

Please tell me you're planning a cruise, G-D knows you've earned it, both of you!

I'm so happy for you and for your family, what a year! Talk about earning a vacation. You must be exhausted!

Please keep us up to date on Rich and your work with the pups.

Love you Sunshine and I'm so glad that your with us again. :)