Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

Hi Roz,

Oz is a miniature poodle....a little on the "short" side, we we don't tell him.:p

Our school in Canada is still doing the blacks and goldens, but also standard poodle and miniature poodles. For people with allergies they are a godsend........

Love it! His face is worth a million!!!!! He's all Poodle, how cute is he!!!!! Poodles are such brilliantly smart dogs!

If I had known how much the Labs shed before I applied at CCI in 2000, I would have NEVER gone through them.

Now, I'm so hooked on these Labs and CCI that my life would not seem complete without either one of them. I'm used to the hair in the shower, on my desk, in my computer, on the key board, in my coffee cup, on my pillow, etc., etc. I could have built more than a litter of puppies on the hair that I've collected over the years from my amazing Labs!!!!! :eek:

OMD (to borrow a phrase!), he is just so cute! I imagine he twists his mum around his little paws! ;):D

Don't you just love that face.....those eyes and that wonderful Poodle fur!!!!! NOT HAIR.....FUR!!!!! As I pick another part of Horton out of teeth!!!!! ;) :p

Edited by wizard-of-roz

We have tried the kong with Orson. Not a good idea. They have not made a kong that is "Orson proof"! He chews right through them. Even the ones that say "lab proof".

Wow even the black ones? Geez we have had some pretty crazy dogs here but they never ate a kong! :eek:

Don't you just love that face.....those eyes and that wonderful Poodle fur!!!!! NOT HAIR.....FUR!!!!! As I pick another part of Horton out of teeth!!!!! ;) :p

OMG He is soooo cute!!!! OK I'll confess...I'm not a little dog person. I know people love them but I love my big bumbling labs. BUT I have been won over by the little chihuahua next door. :eek: This little thing is the sweetest most lovey dog. Even John loves him. He rides around the apt on Johns lap. Wexler and the dog next door have become the most unlikely friends. They are so cute together. Wex is so gentle with him, it's amazing. Here's a pic of them on the bed. I think I have more pics somewhere.

1006002523_CopyofWexlerandRudy.jpg.9740122fb97195c1e226e4d503feb1dc.jpg

Edited by rangeley

Isn't the hair amazing? I cannot believe how much hair is in our houses, cars, clothes and food. I always tell John that we will cough up a hairball someday.

OMG He is soooo cute!!!! OK I'll confess...I'm not a little dog person. I know people love them but I love my big bumbling labs. BUT I have been won over by the little chihuahua next door. :eek: This little thing is the sweetest most lovey dog. Even John loves him. He rides around the apt on Johns lap. Wexler and the dog next door have become the most unlikely friends. They are so cute together. Wex is so gentle with him, it's amazing. Here's a pic of them on the bed. I think I have more pics somewhere.

Looks like you stole Horton for the picture.

I'm so surprised that the Chihauahua is not terrified of Wex. Very unusual for the breed to have such a calm nature. Lucky Wex has a buddy to play with......so cute!!!!!

As much as Horton and Brenny love each other; after they've said their "hello's" and romped a bit, they each go to their own private space; Brenda up on her couch and Horton either in my bedroom, up on the bed or in one of the dog beds.

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Yes indeed, Oz has me wrapped around his little paw. I have him groomed with the teddy bear haircut, so he will look more "manly" and not with puffs.

Talk about begging for food........I was on a ship, eating at an outside table and Oz was sitting a little bit in the aisle. After awhile, a man at the table one over from me, walked over and it a desperate voice said "what does he want off my plate, I will give him anything....is it the bacon?" Apparently Oz had been staring at him without blinking....the man "caved" with Oz's "look". I looked over at the man's plate and said no it is not the bacon, it is the watermelon Oz wants. So, the man then wanted to get Oz a Plate of watermelon. I thanked him but said no.....Oz only eats what I give him.

Then at the formal dinner I found out the man next to me was feeding Oz baked alaska under the table. Humans just can't resist the "look" Oz gives them.

224746_6025626692_1278_n.jpg.4ec10e591a3535aba73ad59a0f19ad05.jpg

Yes indeed, Oz has me wrapped around his little paw. I have him groomed with the teddy bear haircut, so he will look more "manly" and not with puffs.

Talk about begging for food........I was on a ship, eating at an outside table and Oz was sitting a little bit in the aisle. After awhile, a man at the table one over from me, walked over and it a desperate voice said "what does he want off my plate, I will give him anything....is it the bacon?" Apparently Oz had been staring at him without blinking....the man "caved" with Oz's "look". I looked over at the man's plate and said no it is not the bacon, it is the watermelon Oz wants. So, the man then wanted to get Oz a Plate of watermelon. I thanked him but said no.....Oz only eats what I give him.

Then at the formal dinner I found out the man next to me was feeding Oz baked alaska under the table. Humans just can't resist the "look" Oz gives them.

I'm sure he's hard to resist. I love his face. Poodles are one of my most favorite breeds. They can have the most amazing way about them! Either they're total snobs and very hauty or they're big goof balls! Enjoy him and thanks for sharing him with us! :)

I hate it when people think they should feed my dog. I had two young men trying to sneak pizza into Brenda. They were waving it at her from a distance and trying to get her to break her "down/stay", it was so annoying!!!!

Edited by wizard-of-roz

[/colorYou guys forgot the "other" Lab hair thingy, oily to help repel water! I could run my hands down Reno's side and feel the oil on my hands.

We were on our cruise to Hawaii and there was a service dog and his blind master. Well, some smart a$$ decided it would be okay to feed him pizza. Well, Mama knew better and said, "I may not be able to see, but I know my dog, please do not feed him again." Very astute on Mama's behalf.

Oz is so adorable. I would have to restrain myself from huggleing him!

Yes, I LOVE Oz's little face, he is just adorable!

You know what I love about our dogs' hair - when we are away without them, you are unpacking and in amongst all your clothes there will always be some dog hair (and in our case, literally, cat hair too!). I have no idea how it gets in ghere as they are nowhere near the packing operation! It always makes me go "aaaah" and feel a teeny bit sad as we always miss them loads! Or you find the odd biscuit or gravy bone in your coat pocket! When I go out with the dogs and I don't have a pocket, I stash a few of those little gravy bones in my bra! :eek: of course, I sometimes forget they are there, but the boy dog always reminds me! So it's quite funny when he meets anyone, he always sniffs out their armpits! LOL!

That's a lovely photo of the two pals .... More pics please! :D

I'm sure I would find it very difficult but I always ask before giving any dog a treat .... And by treat, I mean a doggy treat, not human food. It's just not on otherwise as I don't like people giving my dogs something without asking, as they could make them sick! Baked Alaska!!! No no!

That's interesting about watermelon, I had a cat a long time ago, who absolutely loved melon and would do that stare to get some as well. She would "smile" as she sucked and devoured it, she really loved it!

Mornin' all:

Fairbourne: Or the poop baggy (clean) that goes thru the wash because I forgot to take it out! :eek: Our old kitty Katmandu loved raisins and french fries. Now Leann Emily is just not into what we are eating. She will peek over the table at Trav's dinner plate, only because they share the same chair. Her owning it a lot more than him!

Mornin' all:

Fairbourne: Or the poop baggy (clean) that goes thru the wash because I forgot to take it out! :eek: Our old kitty Katmandu loved raisins and french fries. Now Leann Emily is just not into what we are eating. She will peek over the table at Trav's dinner plate, only because they share the same chair. Her owning it a lot more than him!

Oh Nancy, I just about fell off my stool laughing .... Those poop bags .... I have also "recovered" some from the DH's trouser pockets after they've been through the wash too! Thankfully like yours with no contents! LOL!

Our animals are so funny with their food likes and dislikes .... I suppose they are just like us! :)

Have a great weekend everybody :D

I was just showing the DH this photo and he said Wexler has got Girl dog's profile! I had a closer look and yes, he has! Very elegant profile it is too! :)

[/colorYou guys forgot the "other" Lab hair thingy, oily to help repel water! I could run my hands down Reno's side and feel the oil on my hands.

We were on our cruise to Hawaii and there was a service dog and his blind master. Well, some smart a$$ decided it would be okay to feed him pizza. Well, Mama knew better and said, "I may not be able to see, but I know my dog, please do not feed him again." Very astute on Mama's behalf.

Oz is so adorable. I would have to restrain myself from huggleing him!

Wow! My seeing impaired friends always, always amaze me and how they manage through life. Of course, if they're fortunate to have a Seeing Eye Dog their lives are so much richer and fuller!

You're gonna love this one: I'm at an event in Westlake Village, CA. and Horton had to go potty so I took him to a plot of grass and he was peeing...[Horton can pee for the longest time, he has a huge bladder!].....Two men come running at me waving their hands, yelling "stop that, stop that!" It was on the lawn of the Dole Pineapple Corporate offices. One man, in an angry tone says, "Pick that up!" I said, "Pick up his urine, you're kidding, right?" He said, "No, I'm not kidding, I'm sick and tired of folks who leave their dogs waste on our lawn!"

I said to him, "How do you want me to pick up his urine?" "If you have a sponge with you, I could try!" As I was laughing inside my head. I turned away from them and proceeded back to the hotel, where our event was.

Don't you just love it!!!!!! Wait for it.....here comes Roz's favorite word......MORONS!

Isn't the hair amazing? I cannot believe how much hair is in our houses, cars, clothes and food. I always tell John that we will cough up a hairball someday.

It's awful! My desk at work has to be wiped-off every hour!!!!

If I go into a restaurant with white table cloths and Horton walks by the table and just happens to brush against the table....you better believe we're leaving a piece of him behind!!! :rolleyes: So embarrassing!

Yes, I LOVE Oz's little face, he is just adorable!

You know what I love about our dogs' hair - when we are away without them, you are unpacking and in amongst all your clothes there will always be some dog hair (and in our case, literally, cat hair too!). I have no idea how it gets in ghere as they are nowhere near the packing operation! It always makes me go "aaaah" and feel a teeny bit sad as we always miss them loads! Or you find the odd biscuit or gravy bone in your coat pocket! When I go out with the dogs and I don't have a pocket, I stash a few of those little gravy bones in my bra! :eek: of course, I sometimes forget they are there, but the boy dog always reminds me! So it's quite funny when he meets anyone, he always sniffs out their armpits! LOL!

That's very funny!!!!

???:confused: not sure what you mean

It confused me at first too! It's all in the way that Fairbourne expresses herself......I can hear her accent through her typed words....love it!!!!

She means: Wex's profile is just like her girl dog [it's also just like Horty.] But, nothing like Brenny......Did I get it right Fairbourne?

???:confused: not sure what you mean

I meant looking at him side on he was lying, he looked the spitting image of our girl dog - that elegant head with long snout - it could have been her lying there! :)

Unlike the "tank head" of our boy dog! ;):). Who we reckon is part Shetland pony! :eek:

It confused me at first too! It's all in the way that Fairbourne expresses herself......I can hear her accent through her typed words....love it!!!!

She means: Wex's profile is just like her girl dog [it's also just like Horty.] But, nothing like Brenny......Did I get it right Fairbourne?

Yes that's right Roz! They are all different but just the way Wexler was lying there, with his pal, it made me smile! :)

As for the boy dog he's just "tank head"! If we pass a field of cattle on our walks they will follow us all the way, leaning over the fence and they are always particularly interested in him - I'm sure they think he's a calf! And they want him back! LOL!

I loved your "sponge story" - what idiots!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Next week my daughter is coming down from Oregon....I can't wait to see her. We're going to go through some of Morey's things. So tough!!!!

And a great weekend to you too Roz!

You'll be looking forward to seeing your daughter, and even though your task is a tough one, you will be able to share some happy memories too! I'm sure Brenda and Horton will be great supervisors and keep you both right! ;):)