Island Marketing Wave Runner/Stingray City Excursion

CruisenGoddess

From the place you get off the tender you take a taxi (about $7 each) to the Grand Caymanian resort From there you get your jet boat or jet ski and head out to stingray city (about 4 miles out into the ocean) and then to Rum Point and then back to the resort. You have to call a taxi from there and it takes them quite a while to get there so dont hang out at the pool at the resort and wait till the last minute to call. CALL FIRST!! then hang out at the pool till they get there. It took about 45 min for ours to show up.

We did this excursion last December and loved it - we will be doing it again in April 08. You can look in the Rhapsody review section to see my comments on it.

Initially we did have a hard time getting a cab to take us to the resort which was kind of irritating. Next time I will know to say upfront that I would like them to pick us up so they know going in they have a roundtrip fare. The guides are fabulous and we really enjoyed Rum Point. We had a post excursion foo foo drink at Grand Caymanian and it was quite good and quite strong!

In my opinion, you need to be in fairly good shape because the waverunners are powerful - my thighs had a death grip on that thing but then Mr Wolf liked to jump the waves a bit! :) The guides will also help you get back on after the stops. Like others have said, be sure and bring some cash for drinks or snacks and tips. We were more than happy to tip the guys - they were outstanding and a lot of fun! They have a cabin that they can lock your stuff up in and the waverunner has a waterproof storage compartment as well. We highly recommend this.

After we got off of the ship, we went to the "taxi stand" (or I think that is what it is called )--purple-ish building and asked for help finding a taxi to take us to the Grand Caymanian. The woman in there yelled to the exact driver who was willing to take us there.

Our guides called a taxi for us. Our return trip driver was VERY concerned about us all having towels to sit our wet bottoms on.

• 5 weeks later...
You could just request it by sending an email to the same people you booked the tour through. The other option is that you might be able to request the boat the day of. They seemed to be very flexibable with everything.

Here is a link to a review of my trip last week!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=603076

Oh wow small town girl, I went to school in LaPine & Gilcrest growing up, sis CentralOregonGal still lives there. :D I have been trying to get information from them but they have told me twice now that they won't book the boats?? I am so confused. They did say that they were moving the departure location of the boats and they are separate from the jet skis tours. Email I got today is that they won't even begin booking the boats until November but we cruise Dec 15th. It's so weird how so many are going on the jet boats but they won't book for December. :mad: I am so confused!

BonVoyage

Dawna

I just returned from my cruise and did this tour. It was awesome!!! Cab ride to and from the port was $6 per person if you have a group. On the way to the resort it was just my wife and I, so we paid $20 for the ride. Our guide was a guy named Coco. He was fun. The waves were pretty big in places and it felt like we were getting 4-5 foot of air at times. The wave runners are faster than others I have rented in the past. The tour actually ends at the same point in which it begins (the resort).

Have fun!

-AH

Just wondering...do I have to book this waverunner tour before I go on the cruise, or will they have other companies who offer a similar tour at the port? The only option I see really is through Island Marketing which is 95 pp if you want your own waverunner and 70 pp if you want to share one. I'm also looking for a waverunner tour that picks you up from the port and takes you to where the tour starts from. Does anyone know if this is available? Thanks so much!

• 1 month later...
Oh wow small town girl, I went to school in LaPine & Gilcrest growing up, sis CentralOregonGal still lives there. :D I have been trying to get information from them but they have told me twice now that they won't book the boats?? I am so confused. They did say that they were moving the departure location of the boats and they are separate from the jet skis tours. Email I got today is that they won't even begin booking the boats until November but we cruise Dec 15th. It's so weird how so many are going on the jet boats but they won't book for December. :mad: I am so confused!

BonVoyage

Dawna

I just got an email that said they no longer do the "boats" bummer!

WEll, I'm not really surprised that they no longer offer the boat. It's SUPER fast and if someone isnt familiar with jet boats and how to use one they could get into some serious trouble. One guy even let the boat sink once. About 2 weeks before we were there. They sit low in the water when not running and if you stop all of a sudden then waves will come into the boat and swamp it.

Island Marketing takes you to Rum Point Beach where as Ebanks takes you near there to do snorkeling. The biggest difference though, is that Ebanks picks you up right near the port and you don't have to take a cab anywhere.

Hope this helps!

Archived