Resident Discounts

When checking prices on RCCL's website, it never gives me a resident discount rate when it's available even though I enter the province I'm from. I have to go to other travel agency websites to access this rate. I've sent an email to RCCL regarding this and never got a response. Does anyone else have this problem?

I wonder if it's a quirky thing with the program.

I always see resident, military, and senior rates for my state when they are available.

I usually double check the Promowave and this way I know they are being offered. I check the prices and plug in state, senior, or military and see the discount. Typically, these discounts are offered close to the time of sailing.

I'd let the RCI website know of your difficulty so that they are aware.

Good luck!

When checking prices on RCCL's website, it never gives me a resident discount rate when it's available even though I enter the province I'm from. I have to go to other travel agency websites to access this rate. I've sent an email to RCCL regarding this and never got a response. Does anyone else have this problem?

Sounds like you are in Canada? (providence = Canada?) so it may be a problem with their program from Canada.

I usually find the discounts thru another site as well, never checked to see if RCI was showing my residence discounts. thanks for the heads up to double check.

They have a BC resident discount offered now for our Alaska cruise but it does not apply to our D1 cabin....

Maybe they will offer us a discount closer to sailing, we can only hope.

Yes I am from Canada. It does sound like there's a problem for Canadians accessing resident discounts on the RCI website. I have two upcoming cruises booked with RCI. Both cruises have resident discounts available, however none of the discounts appear on their website. So far no luck with assistance from RCI.

Do not mean to sound stupid, but how do you get the promowave information? And how do you find out about resident discounts? I am the unofficial cruise coordinator for a group of 10 from several different states and would love to have access to this information.

• 5 weeks later...
I finally got a response acknowledging that there is a problem with their website regarding resident discounts and RCI said they are working on the problem.

Well that's helpful, i can see that there were no resident discounts the last couple of weeks, oh well not much we can do about it. I have seen resident discount show up when checking rates in the past though, it's pretty much the luck of the draw.

Do they ever give New York residents any discounts an if so how close to the cruise they offer it

I have sailed RCI 10 times and I have never seen a NY resident discount. I booked 11/23 on the Majesty 2 weeks ago, and it came up as $50 less a person. I have never seen a NY resident discount and I am glad to see that it exist. If you go to RCCL.com and bring up that date and put in that you are a NY resident you will see it come up.

For kicks if you want to see how Royal list senior/resident discounts looke at the 12/15/07 Liberty cruise and click the 55+ box, you will see the lower oceanview and interior cabins all have discounts. (as of today) This will at least give you an idea what your looking for.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Archived