Bob Dickinson to retire as CEO of Carnival

peterv

Sending him emails is one thing getting him to reply is a completely diferent thing.

Has anybody had an experience with any cruise line that is not Cranival?????????

Eldon Charles

Try the Cunrad boards; I'm sure you'll find the kind of feedback you're looking for.

I have sent Uncle Bob emails after each of our cruises complimenting this ship, staff, fun, etc. as well as a few other comments/observations. When we went to book our cruise for Jan on the Freedom we needed to book 2 rooms. We found out that we could only book 1 using our military discount. I wrote to Uncle Bob and within 24 hours I had a call from our pvp letting us know that he said to give us both rooms at the military rate. He will be greatly missed! I only hope the person filling his shoes is half as nice and caring.

Sending him emails is one thing getting him to reply is a completely diferent thing.

Has anybody had an experience with any cruise line that is not Cranival?????????

Eldon Charles

I have received a return email from Uncle Bob and I've had experience (and good ones) with other cruise lines-does this mean I win a prize?

I have sent Uncle Bob emails after each of our cruises complimenting this ship, staff, fun, etc. as well as a few other comments/observations. When we went to book our cruise for Jan on the Freedom we needed to book 2 rooms. We found out that we could only book 1 using our military discount. I wrote to Uncle Bob and within 24 hours I had a call from our pvp letting us know that he said to give us both rooms at the military rate. He will be greatly missed! I only hope the person filling his shoes is half as nice and caring.

Uncle Newguy certainly has some BIG shoes to fill.

I know some accountants and they certainly have a different way of thinking when talking about money.

What Uncle Bob did for you was a great gesture and created a lot of goodwill towards Carnival. I'm sure you've told others about how nice he was and thusly when others book cruises they will remember that and possibly give the edge to CCL when choosing a cruiseline to book.

Bill

I hope Mr. Bob Dickinson has someone reading this thread that will forward them to him. I count myself as lucky to be one of the ordinary cruisers that he has taken the time to jot a note to, His shoes will indeed be difficult for anyone to fill.

We thank him for his years of dedication to make our cruises the best they could be. We thank him for listening to us when things went wrong and accepting our praise graciously when things went right. We wish him only the very best in his future endeavors. And may whatever his future plans hold....may they not include anything to do with emails!!

Maybe now they'll finally change that video that we have to sit and watch at the past cruisers event.

I think I'll take higher cruise fares if they'll give us a new video. I can't take the other one any more! I'm surprised past guests haven't started bringing props and acting the film out a la Rocky Horror yet...

Archived