Bob Dickinson to retire as CEO of Carnival

peterv

Now I do like the sound of that. Are you in charge of the damaged luggage dept. :eek: ;)

Hey, I've been Uncle Jess for 25 years, so I have had lots of practice. And I'll get Dood a new suitcase, and a free cruise.

LOL!!!! Just spit my Raspberry Seltzer on the screen!:D

Since there are obviously so many qualified individuals right here at CC, maybe we could appoint the ETDC/CBG/CBGLA groups en masse as the new ruler of all things Carnival?

We could cruise once a month to personally take care of issues on board!

Anyone???

Since there are obviously so many qualified individuals right here at CC, maybe we could appoint the ETDC/CBG/CBGLA groups en masse as the new ruler of all things Carnival?

We could cruise once a month to personally take care of issues on board!

Anyone???

Now that's what I'm talking about ;) :D

I'll be Platinum on my next cruise and I've never seen the video.;)

Bill

Maybe because you haven't attended the past guest reception!:)

Seriously, we been to six of them and five of the six had the video.

Hey, maybe a bean-counter will cut down on handing out adjustments and OBC everytime someone complains that the price of their already-purchased cabin goes down or whines that the captain didn't make the hurricane stop fast enough. :p

Maybe because you haven't attended the past guest reception!:)

Seriously, we been to six of them and five of the six had the video.

Ok you got me. Never been to one. Just going through all the Capers and stuff from our Liberty cruise a few weeks back and saw the invitations.

Always too much else going on to go to the parties.:)

Bill

Hey, maybe a bean-counter will cut down on handing out adjustments and OBC everytime someone complains that the price of their already-purchased cabin goes down or whines that the captain didn't make the hurricane stop fast enough. :p

I agree about those who complain about everything and expect compensation. Enough already from those who complain that they were placed at a table for 10 when they requested a table for eight.

Price drops are a different matter. It is simply policy that the lower price prevails.

Having said that, I agree that a "bean-counter" may be just what's needed to get the stock out of its doldrums.

I also seem to remember that Dickenson was a confirmed smoker. I wonder if Carnival's smoking policy will become more amenable to the non-smoker.

Price drops are a different matter. It is simply policy that the lower price prevails.

It's just bad policy from a business standpoint.

Anyway, there are no free lunches -- all that OBC comes from somewhere.

I agree about those who complain about everything and expect compensation. Enough already from those who complain that they were placed at a table for 10 when they requested a table for eight.

Having said that, I agree that a "bean-counter" may be just what's needed to get the stock out of its doldrums.

I also seem to remember that Dickenson was a confirmed smoker. I wonder if Carnival's smoking policy will become more amenable to the non-smoker.

Do you have to try to get every thread to turn into a smoking argument???

No one knows better how to run a cruise line than one of it's loyal customers so I say the next CEO should be the cruiser that has the most cruises under their belt and/or has been on all ships in the fleet! Unfortunately, it isnt me!

Do you have to try to get every thread to turn into a smoking argument???

You responded, didn't you? And since you asked.........

rumor has it that Dickenson set up the Paradise to fail, simply to argue that a non-smoking ship wouldn't be economically feasible.

Sending him emails is one thing getting him to reply is a completely diferent thing.

Has anybody had an experience with any cruise line that is not Cranival?????????

Eldon Charles

Yes, lots of posters here have cruised other lines. I have cruised Celebrity and Carnival personally. I have sent Bob 4 different emails- for good stuff and for issues. I have received responses from all my emails and 2 for sure weren't form letters.

shocking for sure, bob really loved carnival and his job. He will be missed big time for sure. We were on Carnival Freedom April 19 over in europe and bob was guest with his wife, it was great seeing him enjoying hisself. BOB GOOD LUCK AND GOOD HEALTH FOR MANY MORE YEARS, THANKS FOR EVERYTHING AND MAKING CARNIVAL WHAT IT IS TODAY, THE BEST

rumor has it that Dickenson set up the Paradise to fail, simply to argue that a non-smoking ship wouldn't be economically feasible.

Your source?

Sending him emails is one thing getting him to reply is a completely diferent thing.

Has anybody had an experience with any cruise line that is not Cranival?????????

Eldon Charles

If you're looking for experiences from a cruiseline other than "Cranival" you might want to try a different message board since this is in fact the Carnival board.

Archived