Mariner of the Seas - which Junior Suite? Kids Program?

So I just got done with a Carnival cruise and now my wife and I are looking at RCCL for a cruise with our kids - age 5 and 8.

So the first question I have is what Junior Suite to get and on what deck?

Also, do you have any experience with the kids program for kids of this age and what can they (and us) expect?

So I just got done with a Carnival cruise and now my wife and I are looking at RCCL for a cruise with our kids - age 5 and 8.

Also, do you have any experience with the kids program for kids of this age and what can they (and us) expect?

Here are the AO schedules from our Freedom cruise for THAT age group. The activities may vary *slightly* from ship to ship but not by much

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/Royal%20Caribean%20AO%20Compass/

And sorry, I haven't stay in a JS just a GS.

I like deck 10, since I'm at the pool most of the time and it's an easy trek to the cabin if I need something! I prefer midships (on or near the "hump"--check the deck plans) as it's convenient to the stairs and elevators.

On the Mariner, I don't think you can beat the Junior Suites on deck 9 on the hump for a convenient location and a great view. They are 9314/9614 (forward hump), 9318/9618 (middle hump), and 9324/9624 & 9328/9628 (aft hump). Deck 9 is two decks down from the Windjammer and the pools and four decks up from the Royal Promenade. The hump cabins are located very close to the stairs and elevators. (Don't worry...no noise issues from the elevators!:) )

If you like an aft location you could try 1394/1694 on deck 10, 7392, 7692, 7394, or 7694 on deck 7, or the cabins just below those on deck 6. (Same numbers, but they start with a 6 instead of a 7.)

My sisters' kids love the kids' program! On the Mariner a couple weeks ago, we barely saw the nine year old, because we couldn't drag him out of there!

For the last 3 cruises, Mariner, Navigator, Explorer, we had JS on deck 10 midship. Very convenient. One flight up the stairs and you're at the Windjammer, pool etc. This way you don't have to fight to get the elevator for a quick bite at the buffet.

Our first RCCL cruise was Mariner in 7692 (Aft JS) w/DS and DD who were 7 and 6. They *****LOVED****** the cruise, the ship, Adventure Ocean.

We had come from Disney which they loved too and I was afraid they'd be let down with no characters. Ha! The ice-skating, golf, inline skating, etc. all made up for it. You can't go wrong w/kids and a Voyager class ship!

We loved the cabin, but it is a long walk to the back of the ship. Tremendously huge balcony tho. Very nice!

Archived