NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

No other letter received by us. -0- as a balance since October, when we our 500 points+ and have received nothing. Got a new account when the card tehy suppos card they sent us 12/20 went nowhere to us. But they closed our old account & started a new one with no NCL info for Worldpoints. So now I may close it as changing my mind to keep a new account.

wg;18139469]As I posted several pages back, I am wondering why so many people were expecting their certificates now? All I can assume is that BofA is doing this is cycles? My Bank of America/NCL letter, dated 1/5/09, says "You will receive your final Compass Reward certificates by mail in 6-8 weeks."

By my calc, that means I shouldn't expect them until early March.....so why are so many people on here expecting them earlier than that?

Thanks Browe for the reply. After watching the travel channel show about Pearl in Alaska last night I got interested, and priced it out, and once adding in air fare, was REALLY sorry I didn't know about/join the mastercard program until last year--$1,000 doesn't make that trip do-able for us, though $2000 or $3000 might have if I'd had the time to accumulate points that I planned on when I got the card almost a year ago.

We just got a B of A envelope with a letter stating our certs from Compass Rewards was attached, all we got was 3 - 100 point certs for upgrade which is within a category not BA to Mini, tho it is a deluxe balcony not a suite.

But still no NCL Worldpoints info as promised by 3 clerks & a supervisor

No other letter received by us. -0- as a balance since October, when we our 500 points+ and have received nothing. Got a new account when the card tehy suppos card they sent us 12/20 went nowhere to us. But they closed our old account & started a new one with no NCL info for Worldpoints. So now I may close it as changing my mind to keep a new account.

wg;18139469]As I posted several pages back, I am wondering why so many people were expecting their certificates now? All I can assume is that BofA is doing this is cycles? My Bank of America/NCL letter, dated 1/5/09, says "You will receive your final Compass Reward certificates by mail in 6-8 weeks."

By my calc, that means I shouldn't expect them until early March.....so why are so many people on here expecting them earlier than that?

Thanks Browe for the reply. After watching the travel channel show about Pearl in Alaska last night I got interested, and priced it out, and once adding in air fare, was REALLY sorry I didn't know about/join the mastercard program until last year--$1,000 doesn't make that trip do-able for us, though $2000 or $3000 might have if I'd had the time to accumulate points that I planned on when I got the card almost a year ago.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, the max Compass Rewards points you could have accumlated in one billing year was 1,000, so you would have had to have the card for 3 years to accumulate 3,000 points.

As I posted several pages back, I am wondering why so many people were expecting their certificates now? All I can assume is that BofA is doing this is cycles? My Bank of America/NCL letter, dated 1/5/09, says "You will receive your final Compass Reward certificates by mail in 6-8 weeks."

Not everyone received that letter. Some still haven't received a letter. We have two accounts, received one letter, and it was the one stating that all certs would be mailed by January 31st.

I just realized that we have yet to receive our new card for an account that was closed due to unauthorized charges. Everything remains "correct" online, however. It doesn't matter, since we will close both accounts after we have used our certs.

We just got a B of A envelope with a letter stating our certs from Compass Rewards was attached, all we got was 3 - 100 point certs for upgrade which is within a category not BA to Mini, tho it is a deluxe balcony not a suite.

But still no NCL Worldpoints info as promised by 3 clerks & a supervisor

Wait a week......... the rest should be on the way. If you haven't received them by next Friday, then persue the matter in writing or by phone/email.

OK, I had 1068 points and just now received my certificates in the mail. Two 500 dollars and one 100 points for one category uopgrade.I won't have to cancel my January 2010 cruise now. Just letting you know they are still mailing the certificates out. Good Luck.

Ugh! Received a "1 category upgrade" certificate TODAY, and upgraded my cabin YESTERDAY which cost me and extra $100 and I lost $150 OBC. Is it too late to apply the upgrade certificate so that I could at least get $50 back? I've got a call into my TA, but she's not very knowledgeable about how the certificates work. Any ideas?

Give a call to NCL & tell them you have waited since 12.31 for your upgrade cert which showed today & you book the cruise that you want to use the cert on. They will give you the upgrade cost.

(I hope...)

Ugh! Received a "1 category upgrade" certificate TODAY, and upgraded my cabin YESTERDAY which cost me and extra $100 and I lost $150 OBC. Is it too late to apply the upgrade certificate so that I could at least get $50 back? I've got a call into my TA, but she's not very knowledgeable about how the certificates work. Any ideas?

Give a call to NCL & tell them you have waited since 12.31 for your upgrade cert which showed today & you book the cruise that you want to use the cert on. They will give you the upgrade cost.

(I hope...)

OK.. will do, thanks. I'll report back their answer. I'm thinking I have to go through my TA, though, and I've left message for her. I doubt NCL will deal with me directly.

I FINALLY received my certificates today, and they are correct! Both envelopes were posted February 11th. One card had 1072 points and I received 2-$500 off certs and 1-$100 upgrade certs; the other had 1610 points and I received 3-$500 off certs and 2-$200 upgrade certs.

So, for those of you who, like me, had not received anything at all, there is hope! :p

I hope you got a decent upgrade for $250 more

Edited by judyf

A question for those that are now actually receiving the correct certificates - how many of you called/emailed/mailed BoA about this? How many of you just waited it out? I got the wrong certificates initially like the rest of us and I'm wondering if they plan on mailing out corrected certificates to everyone, or just those people who complained. You would think they would correct the problems for everyone regardless of it the called or emailed, but then again, it is Bank of America we're talking about...

A question for those that are now actually receiving the correct certificates - how many of you called/emailed/mailed BoA about this? How many of you just waited it out? I got the wrong certificates initially like the rest of us and I'm wondering if they plan on mailing out corrected certificates to everyone, or just those people who complained. You would think they would correct the problems for everyone regardless of it the called or emailed, but then again, it is Bank of America we're talking about...

I did not do anything. I would have written, but once others did and started getting responses, I decided to wait. My deadline was Feb 20th, tho!

I did not get the correct amount yet. However, when I spoke with my personal cruise consultant at NCL, he assured me that the problem was being addressed for everyone one involved. I have not written a letter yet. I am giving it another week. Unless you have a a final payment due before mid March, I would suggest that everyone just give it another week befoere writitng or calling.

I received my correct certificates today. My Dec 17th statement showed 1882 points. The certs today showed 1913, so they counted all of Dec. I received 3 - 500 point certs adn 5 - 1 category upgrade certs.

I did not call or email after reading what others did. I thought I would wait until next week. At least they are finally trying to get things right

I went with the Schwab Visa which pays a flat 2% deposited into their brokerage account. I can take that money and use toward a cruise on any line. And there is no $1,000 per year cap.

BoA no longer pays 2% cash back for this card. Atleast thats what their website says. I dont want BoA to screw you on the NCL card, and now the fool card. :(

Am I understanding you correctly? The Schwab card no longer pays 2%? I just looked at the card on the Schwab site and they said it was 2%. Thanks

My mistake, sorry. I thought you meant the Motley Fool credit card, not the Schwab card. Sorry about that. Looks like it still pays the 2%.