Millenium AFT cabin & help with East Carib shore excursions?

micmacmissy

Hello,

We are booked in aft cabin 9162 for a March '08 sailing to the Eastern Caribbean. Three questions:

What are the aft cabins like? Anyone have any photos of them?

Also, where do we get shore excursion info? The link on the Celebrity website doesn't work...I can't get an accurate list of shore excursions/prices online. Their cruise brochure doesn't have any details on the shore excursions, either. (And no, my travel agent didn't give me anything on it!)

What benefits can we expect as Captain's Club members? (We've only cruised X once before, in March '99) Can we book shore excursions, spa treatments, and the specialty restaurant before the cruise, or do we have to wait until we're on the boat? Do we get any priority getting on the ship?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

I'll tell you what I can. We have been in 9162 twice on Infinity. Same cabin. We have that cabin booked on Millie down under in Feb 2009.

The aft cabins are much desired. We try to get one everytime we sail. The ones on deck nine are probably the least desirable because you may experience some noise from above (the Waterfall Grille) but we have never had a problem.

The reason everyone wants them is the verandah. The cabin is the same size as another other CC cabin on any of the M class ships but the verandah is about three times the size of the verandah on a cabin on the side of the ship. Most of the side verandahs have just enough room for two chairs and a table. The aft cabins have enough room for two full size chaise lounges, a small table, two full size chairs and a table. Even with all that on the verandah there is still room enough for a full size tennis court. (Just kidding but there is still room.) Once you have an aft cabins you will never want to go back.

To get shore excursion info, go to Celebrity's website. Choose My Celebrity. Log in (you will need your reservation number). Click on My Reservations. Click on Manage My Reservation. That will bring you to a page that has a number of tabs on the top. One of them is shore excursions. From there you can download or purchase them.

As to Captains Club, as a member you can make reservations in the alternative restaurant up to 60 days in advance. That's about all you get anymore. Anyone can book shore excursions early from the website. You will get priority embarkation and disembarkation (as well as priority tendering in ports where they tender) because you are in Concierge Class.

micmacmissy --

We have an aft CC (7208) booked on the Millennium for the March 23, 2008 sailing to the Eastern Carib., and are very much looking forward to one of these great aft cabins. Lots of discussion threads about them on this board -- try a search on "aft cabins'. I have not yet tried to check the Celebrity site for shore excursions, but my experience with our most recent cruise (Century, April 2007) was that Celebrity did not post excursions until closer to the cruise departure. As an alternative, we have had some success booking cruises through this non-Celebrity site:

http://www.shoretrips.com/

Allen and I are also Captains Club members for the first time on this cruise, so we will be finding out about the benefits as well. I think DrKoob's post pretty much fills us in, though.

Which cruise have you booked? If it is the March 23 sailing, come join our roll call. In any case, have a great cruise.

David

Just the information I was looking for.....thanks Dr. Koob...I enjoyed the photos on your website.

I am curious about your signature though.....the Carnival cruise from hell? LOL

David & Allen- We're actually booked for March 30, so we'll just miss you! Have a great trip and thanks for the info- I will check out that site for shore excursions.

Hi:) being your cruise is in March might make a difference on

the excursion thing. Sometimes you cannot purchase them this

far in advance.

Enjoy your cruise:)

Hey David and Allen, we're going to be neighbors -- we're booked into 7203 for the March 23rd sailing. :) It'll be our first time on Celebrity and our first time in an aft cabin, so we're really looking forward to it (on top of just getting out of Boston in March, which is ALWAYS a good idea). I did some research on the aft cabins on the M class and read pretty much universal rave reviews for them. You can even type your cabin number into the search engine on the Celebrity board and you may find posts about your cabin.

Hello,

We are booked in aft cabin 9162 for a March '08 sailing to the Eastern Caribbean. Three questions:

What are the aft cabins like? Anyone have any photos of them?

Also, where do we get shore excursion info? The link on the Celebrity website doesn't work...I can't get an accurate list of shore excursions/prices online. Their cruise brochure doesn't have any details on the shore excursions, either. (And no, my travel agent didn't give me anything on it!)

What benefits can we expect as Captain's Club members? (We've only cruised X once before, in March '99) Can we book shore excursions, spa treatments, and the specialty restaurant before the cruise, or do we have to wait until we're on the boat? Do we get any priority getting on the ship?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

We had an Aft Cabin 9201 on Panama Canal March but could not get one on TA December as once you have been in an aft you would not want a different cabin? maybe the Penthouse below

David

You WILL enjoy the aft cabins!

The balconies are much larger, the rooms are the same, they are CC class which provides some additional benefits. I think we got fresh flowers and choice of pillows plus other perks.

The aft balconies are close to the aft stairway which goes up to the back 1/3 of the buffet area on deck 10. Also heading down, you are are at the dining areas also. The rest of the ship is a walk, but I always like walking. It allows me to eat more.

We were in 7212 and it is a handicap room that is 3 feet wider than the standard rooms, so that was even nicer. We are booked for 7208 on Infinity in 2009 and can't wait.

Aft balconies have great views of the wake, and there is less wind as you sail. The are at times more noise from deck 10 and the ships engines.

For long cruises with lots of sea days, I would choose an aft cabin, otherwise midship is fine.

Have a great cruise on Celebrity!!!:)

Hey back to you brightonguys -- Very nice to have you as neighbors in the aft CC cabins. We have never had an aft cabin before, but managed to book a room with an oversized verandah on our Costa cruise in 2006, and had a sky suite with a huge balcony on Century this past April. So we're spoiled, and very much looking forward to the aft cabin on Millennium. This is shaping up to be a great cruise. Come check in with our roll call --

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=548577

We're picking up members there -- I'm like a kid anticipating Christmas from 8 months out. Oh well, I'll roll with it. This will be fun.

David

Archived