I LOVE the "New" Majesty and Atlantis Aquaventure

I returned yesterday from a quick 3 night cruise on Majesty of the Seas. I've sailed her twice before, but this was the first time since her revitalization 7 months ago. Despite her small size, age and flaws, I've always really liked Majesty. The refurbishing has done wonders for her and was money well spent. Here are some highlights of the ship and the cruise:

> IMO, the worst part of the "old" Majesty was the Windjammer - half indoors, half outdoors, and cramped. It was like eating in a steamroom. The new WJ Marketplace is spacious and well-appointed in line with more contemporary WJs. It is now also complimented by Sorrentos, Compass Deli (which is a great idea that just needs better fare) and a large Johnny Rockets.

> Most of the public areas has been spruced up - the lounges, spa, gym - and all look great.

> I love the addition of the Freezes ice cream area with Latte-tudes on Deck 5.

> The cabins, while small, have new bedding and the fixtures seem to have been streamlined to maximize space.

> I haven't been to CocoCay in a year or 2, but the island was pretty much as I remembered it, with some minor enhancements for kids (aqua park, inflatable slide). I prefer CC to Labadee, and private islands are much more enjoyable when visiting on smaller ships with lower passenger counts.

> The highlight of the trip was visiting Atlantis' new Aquaventure water park. You can find more info on the park at Atlantis' website, but suffice it to say that the attraction is very impressive. You have 2 options to visit the waterpark:

1. Go over to Atlantis on your own and buy a pass for the water park. It's $105pp, and pretty much gets you unlimited access to the park, the pools, the beach, and anywhere on the grounds.

2. RCI offers an excursion with the same pass, including lunch, for $160. They also water taxi you over to PI Ferry Station.

I did the first option and it worked wonderfully. The $105 is well worth the price for the water park.

Now the prices of food at Atlantis is another topic. I don't usually flinch at concession prices when travelling - to me it's just part of the deal - but Atlantis is downright robbery. A snack bar lunch for 2 was just over $40.

Keep in mind that the park does not open until 10am. We left around 3pm. There's so much to see and do at the water park that it keeps you busy and entertained all day.

With the combination of ship's new look, a nice beach day at Coco Cay, and the fun and adventures of Atlantis' water park, I'll now happily look for an excuse to sail on Majesty.

TY Patrick! I'll be on Majesty in February and was wondering what do in Nassau since we've been there already twice!

You're welcome! The best part is that we were the only ship in Nassau, which makes it a much quieter and more pleasant experience.

You just got off the B2B on the Brilliance and you already went on another one. What do you do for a living? I want your job!!!....and your salary!!!

And Mariner is just 18 days away! :D

TY Patrick! I'll be on Majesty in February and was wondering what do in Nassau since we've been there already twice!

You may want to stay on the ship, we did since already been there a couple of times as well. I wouldn't have had enough time to check out the rock climbing, JRs - we wanted to do a lunch there, and have some pool time if we had gotten off. It really is a nice little ship, I never felt crowded in the pubic spaces we went to. Never got around to checking out the spa for any specials, meant to, or purchasing any boose - meant to get two bottles. Time flies on 3 day.

We love doing the 4 dayers with a day at Atlantis too! I am leaving for one in August and can't wait to see the new aquaventure.

Just a word of the wise to those who have more than 2 in their party, you can actually book a room at Atlantis or the Comfort Inn next door and get access to everything. Our rooms at Atlantis (not Comfort) run from $199 - $289 cause I am always looking for their promo specials. So it is actually cheaper than paying for a daypass and we get a room to change/shower and allow the kids to take a nap in if they want.

Thanks Patrick. We're looking forward to Coco Cay in August and January.

Just had a wonderful day at Coco Cay last week. You've just got to have a Coco Loco, :p that's a wonderful drink for a hot afternoon, it won't give you too much of a buzz but is so tasty and refreshing :D.

Just had a wonderful day at Coco Cay last week. You've just got to have a Coco Loco' date=' :p that's a wonderful drink for a hot afternoon, it won't give you too much of a buzz but is so tasty and refreshing :D.[/b']

Thanks!

I loved the Labadoozie so I have to try the CocoLoco. My partner loves the frou frou drinks too.

Archived