Amsterdam Disembark Time

AZDave

We are booked on a 12 Baltic cruise next summer on the Century. We disembark in Amsterdam. I am curious as to how early they allow disembarkation. I have to book our return plane flight and I can get one that leaves at noon. Will I have time to disembark and make it to the airport by 10 or so?

Making a 12:00 flight should be no problem.

We had no issues making a 12:10 flight after disembarking Century in Amsterdam this summer. We did have to wait in line for a taxi at the terminal, but it only took 20-30 minutes to get to the head of the line.

A taxi can get you to the airport in about 30 minutes for around 45 Euro. If you are a bit more adventurous, you can hop on a tram across the street from the cruise terminal that will take you to Central Station and there you can get on a train that takes you directly into Schiphol. It won't save any time, but will be cheaper - about 6-7 Euro per person total.

We are booked on a 12 Baltic cruise next summer on the Century. We disembark in Amsterdam. I am curious as to how early they allow disembarkation. I have to book our return plane flight and I can get one that leaves at noon. Will I have time to disembark and make it to the airport by 10 or so?

The ship arrives already at 5am in Amsterdam, so boarding also starts very early.

As mentioned if you travel by cab to the airport it will take around 30 minutes, depending on the traffic. At the moment cabs overcharge and some of them ask Eur. 50.- for a ride (which should be around Eur.40.-)

Traintravel is an option, but be aware that during weekdays trains can be full due rushhourtraffic. That can be a problem if you have much luggage, on which you MUST keep an eye at all times.

Most airlines to the USA want you to be there 3 hours before departure, less if you have checked-in/printed you boardingpasses before.

Securitychecks are at the gates and need some time too.

We literally just returned a couple of hours ago from our 12-night Arctic Circle Cruise. The X disembarkation this morning on Century was smooth as silk. We used X's transfers to the airport and were booked on a 12:20 flight out of Amsterdam. It really was the smoothest we recall.

BTW, the cruise was absolutely wonderful! We can't quite understand why Vladimir has not yet given us his recommendations for tonight's menu and Ronald has not filled our water glasses. Do you think there might be a problem with returning to The Real World?:eek:

We literally just returned a couple of hours ago from our 12-night Arctic Circle Cruise. The X disembarkation this morning on Century was smooth as silk. We used X's transfers to the airport and were booked on a 12:20 flight out of Amsterdam. It really was the smoothest we recall.

BTW, the cruise was absolutely wonderful! We can't quite understand why Vladimir has not yet given us his recommendations for tonight's menu and Ronald has not filled our water glasses. Do you think there might be a problem with returning to The Real World?:eek:

:) Hi,

Returning to the real world ?? ...That can be real painful, but there is a great way to smooth things over: book the next oneS a.s.a.p. and start planning, preparing, counting days, imagining, dreaming.....before you know it, it'll be checkin-time all over again. THEN, you get give Vladimir an earful for having overlooked his menu recommendations for a while and reprimend Ronald for having forced you onto tap water for this last little while.

Like Gravol, which works best taken BEFORE you sail ( if needed....), ''next cruiseS bookingS '' are most effectual when booked onboard the current one....( although the $$$ benefits of doing so have evaporated....),even before you start suffering from CWS ( cruise withdrawal syndrome...).

Happy dreaming

We're on the same cruise....next year, same time.

Cheers

;)

You should ask your agent to check with Celebrity to verify this, so they are aware of your plans when you book.

We just returned from Norway and disembarked in Amsterdam with a Celebrity transfer for a 10:50 a.m. flight. We were in the early departure group which met onboard at 6:30 a.m. We were at the airport over 2 hours early for our flight.

On Century now. Express departure is 6.30 am (carry your own luggage off the ship), normal disembarkation starts at 6.40 am with the last group being called at 8.20 am.

Check in starts at 10.40 am, boarding starts at 11.00 am. Cabins are not available until 1.00 pm, although many passengers ignore the frequent requests NOT to go to their staterooms so the stewards can do their job. :rolleyes:

Best Regards,

Floris

I desembarked the Journey over a week ago and I am still suffering severe withdrawal symptoms as well as a broken scale which shows my weight much higher than 3 weeks ago. I hope you will have a chance to post some comments on your cruise once you settle back in. My family and I are booked on it on July 4, 2008.

Floris,

Thanks for the info on boarding and disembarking. We're trying to make a 7am train. Looks like we should book the 9am instead.

What are the dinner times?

Trains before 9 am can be very full on weekdays, due rushhour. There are 4 hours each hour to/from the airport, just buy tickets and board.

Stay with all your luggage at all times.

Ine,

We're taking the train to Paris (not the airport). Will it be full, too?

I also wanted to thank you for all your posts. It's great to have someone that knows so much about a city and also understands how great it is to cruise.

Ine,

We're taking the train to Paris (not the airport). Will it be full, too?

I also wanted to thank you for all your posts. It's great to have someone that knows so much about a city and also understands how great it is to cruise.

No trains to Paris willnot be full, but you better make reservations for that. Those trains make just a few stops so there is no local traffic.

But stay alert at your (hand)luggage at the station, in case you need to buy tickets. Recently there were some guys trying to steal laptops, handbags etc...

Archived