rebookings - millie 6/30 barcelona - venice

doclette

Has anyone gotten their travel vouchers back? I'm still waiting for mine. Celebrity said that they were mailed out on Monday, July 16th.

Which cruise are you all going to go on now using the vouchers?? :) It's too bad we can't use the voucher to go on cruises during the holidays around Christmas or any of the Azamara cruises.

No voucher yet, just the apology letter yesterday. They have a lot to get out so I'm sure it will take a while. I guess those who left the ship early and don't visit these boards didn't know that we were getting 100% future cruise credit. I hope they're happier now.

Yes, the news of the free cruise voucher was exciting and I hope to book something for next year soon.

After the first couple days of being stuck in Rome, my family and I decided to just go with the flow and enjoy each other's company, instead of standing in lines and getting frustrated. I saw quite a few people yelling and threatening the staff and I didn't want to go that route for my sake. (as well as theirs). I was on vacation and had to go back to work right after so I wanted to relax no matter what happened to the cruise.

I heard from one of the staff members that a bit ago, the Summit had to miss one port in Alaska because of some problems and the passengers wre reimbursed for that port and the captain of the ship called a general forum to discuss what happened. During the meeting in the big lounge, someone got up on the stage and punched the captain!!!!! I couldn't believe it... however, 20 minutes later I was in the room talking to the Celebrity reps who had flown in from Miami. Suddenly some guysbarged into the room and started threatning the staff. The ladies from Miami got really worried because they were facing some really angry tough looking men, so they called security... what a mess.

I just want to remember the good times. These things happen. I wouldn't want to be in that captain's shoes... that's for sure.

Disclaimer: everyone reacts differently to these situations so I am by no means putting people down for being actively angry. My airline lost my luggage when I landed in Barcelona and I have yet to see it or any compensation so I am definitely more pissed about that than what happened in the cruise. I just don't like the guy who punched out the captain of the summit...

What a great positive attitude you have!--the luggage incident would be enough but followed by everything else--you sure set a good example for your family! I would not be so good- when our lugagge was lost by SWA before our aniv cruise I was a total basket case---fortunaltely it turned up before we sailed but it was just luck that it did--they seem to not have any systems in place to track anything!

We were also on the now infamous cruise. I couldn't believe the reactions from some people. Don't get me wrong, we were disappointed. We were on our honeymoon, worked and saved for a long time to go and probably will not be able to accommodate 3 weeks off of work for a very long time. And, the 1 reason we went on this particular cruise was for Santorini!

For us, the worse part of the trip were the people throwing a fit. It's hard to sit and enjoy yourself when everyone around you is fuming. But, we did our best, the excursions they provided were great, the food was still wonderful and we hope that our smiles and attitude (and tips) for the staff helped them deal. We really enjoyed the last day on the boat after everyone left!!

I truly think that they thought they could fix the problem. I'm looking forward to visiting the places we missed during upcoming anniversaries.

Yes, the news of the free cruise voucher was exciting and I hope to book something for next year soon.

After the first couple days of being stuck in Rome, my family and I decided to just go with the flow and enjoy each other's company, instead of standing in lines and getting frustrated. I saw quite a few people yelling and threatening the staff and I didn't want to go that route for my sake. (as well as theirs). I was on vacation and had to go back to work right after so I wanted to relax no matter what happened to the cruise.

I heard from one of the staff members that a bit ago, the Summit had to miss one port in Alaska because of some problems and the passengers wre reimbursed for that port and the captain of the ship called a general forum to discuss what happened. During the meeting in the big lounge, someone got up on the stage and punched the captain!!!!! I couldn't believe it... however, 20 minutes later I was in the room talking to the Celebrity reps who had flown in from Miami. Suddenly some guysbarged into the room and started threatning the staff. The ladies from Miami got really worried because they were facing some really angry tough looking men, so they called security... what a mess.

I just want to remember the good times. These things happen. I wouldn't want to be in that captain's shoes... that's for sure.

Disclaimer: everyone reacts differently to these situations so I am by no means putting people down for being actively angry. My airline lost my luggage when I landed in Barcelona and I have yet to see it or any compensation so I am definitely more pissed about that than what happened in the cruise. I just don't like the guy who punched out the captain of the summit...

we managed to rebook from July 12 to Aug 17th - reverse of what we were supposed to be on. Cruise fare was the same, Airfare was MUCH higher - but heck a free cruise and our money back - ( pays for the next 2).

We wee even upograded from a 2B to a 2A and MAY get a JS - our TA is blowing in the celebrity Reps ear

Has anyone gotten their travel vouchers back? I'm still waiting for mine. Celebrity said that they were mailed out on Monday, July 16th.

Which cruise are you all going to go on now using the vouchers?? :) It's too bad we can't use the voucher to go on cruises during the holidays around Christmas or any of the Azamara cruises.

We don't have our voucher from Celebrity yet and wondered if anyone has and so, do you know the exact restrictions. Did it say we couldn't use it on a holiday cruise or has that just been a restriction in the past. The only cruise we can fit around work schedules is the Dec 30th on Millie. Please don't say it's true.

We just got our refund, got some amount back on our credit card. I spoke to Celebrity today again and they said that they have mailed the vouchers out on July 16th. Also, they said that we will be getting our money back minus the port charges and taxes. We are a couple hundred short so I have asked my travel agent to look into the matter.

Did you say you got an apology letter? I didn't get one and I asked about it (I don't really care for the letter, but since I hadn't gotten my voucher either, I wanted to make sure that I was on their radar). They said that they have not mailed out any apology letter...

What did your apology letter say, if you don't mind me asking. Was it from Celebrity or from your travel agent?

We got a letter dated July 12. They apologized for our experience and told us about the increase from 50% to 100% for our future cruise credit. I just got off the phone with Celebrity and they again said the voucher can only be used for a Celebrity cruise, not RC or amanara cruises and it can not be used during a holiday period.

....you are correct that people react differenty to different

situations but my gosh...did they really think hitting the Captain

and threatening the staff was going to accomplish something

positive?:( :eek:

Spoke to Celebrity today - she said that our voucher was mailed to our travel agent and not directly to us and that they want people to book through the same travel agent - told them I didn't want to do that because it was an online agency and would rather just do my own thing through their web site - also told only 50% of them have gone out. We have received nothing on our credit card. So we will see what happens.

Seriously thinking about Russia cruise next year. Airfare has REALLY gone up since I booked this years cruise. But, as you said - the refund will help!

I have to agree with you about people's reactions. I wasn't going to let anything ruin our trip. We were still on vacation and a day sitting on the ship or in Rome is better than a day at work. I would never hit someone - can't you go to jail for that!

Archived