Where do you wish Princess would cruise to?

Cruise Junky

Hawaii - during August.

I'm so disappointed that NCL is the only cruise line with a Hawaii itinerary during August 2008 :(

Wish it was Princess.

I am glad you are a loyal Princess fan, I agree that Princess is a great cruise line. BUT just as I would recommend to ANYONE that Princess is "the best" way to see Alaska, I would recommend to ANYONE that NCL is "the best" way to see Hawaii. NCL spends twice the amount of time in port as any of the other cruise lines, and this is important, because you are there to see Hawaii! It is also the ONLY cruise line that overnights in two of the ports, Kauai and Maui. By overnighting in Kauai it is the ONLY way that you can go on the Sunrise At Haleakala Crater - It is NOT to be missed. Only if your cruise overnights in Kauai can you go on this excursion!!

This trip gives you an opportunity to see a sunrise from one of the best vistas on our planet. You will travel to the 10,023 foot summit of Haleakala, Maui's sleeping volcano.

Once you arrive at the crater, you will have a short, easy walk to the viewing area. Here you will have the opportunity to view and experience a sight that is so awe-inspiring, so miraculous, that you might actually believe you're witnessing the dawn of creation.

I would not recommend that anyone that goes to Hawaii miss this! It was recommend to me by a good friend that had lived in Hawaii and I will be forever grateful.

NCL "does Hawaii" like Princess "does Alaska". Pride of Hawaii or Pride of Aloha are great ships. I have not been on the Norwegian Sun but it was built for Freestyle Cruising so I am sure that it would be terrific also. I cannot think of anywhere that Free Style cruising is better suited than in Hawaii.

Enjoy!

7 days at sea and back...am I the only one who loves sea days?

My DH and I are going on an 11 night cruise in November on Celebrity, one of the reasons we picked the itinerary was because every other day is a sea day and two of the ports we are not sure that we will even get off of the ship! We agree with you we LOVE sea days! One of the reasons we sail Celebrity sometimes is because their ships are often our destination. Their ships are the sea are all we need, I don't really care where they go!

These destinations have probably already been mentioned but ....

how about the following routes which would not require flying in SUMMER:

-roundtrip Seattle/Vancouver to Alaska/Russia/Japan (or one way with back to back sailings all summer)

-roundtrip Los Angeles/San Diego to Ecuador/Galapagos/Peru (or one way with back to back sailings all summer)

-roundtrip east coast to Iceland/Greenland/Newfoundland (or one way with back to back sailings in summer)

-and perhaps 2 days between the back to back sailings so you can see more on land.

By overnighting in Kauai it is the ONLY way that you can go on the Sunrise At Haleakala Crater - It is NOT to be missed. Only if your cruise overnights in Kauai can you go on this excursion!!

Haleakala is on Maui, not Kauai.

I would also like the 10-12 day Mexican Riviera that includes the Sea of Cortez so we could go up to Copper Canyon. I would rather leave from San Diego also. My have to look to HAL for this.

When I have more time, taking the west coast of SA that includes the Galapagos and Machu Picchu would be ideal!

• 2 weeks later...

We would love:

1. More cruises out of San Francisco

2. At least one of their ships doing 8-10 days to Mexico out of SF/LA/SD. I'm surprised they have both Golden and Dawn doing 7 days to the same ports. Different ports - Sea of Cortez would be nice. Hualtulco would be fantastic.

3. RT to Tahiti from West Coast

4. RT to Australia from West Coast

5. RT to Japan from West Coast

6. RT to the Med from Any US Coast

Can you tell we, and lots of others, don't want to fly anywhere!!

I wish Princess had shorter cruises somewhere off the west coast. Seems like they only do the repositioning cruises on this coast and then only 2 times a year. Pacific Coastal cruising would also be nice, even if it wasn't a short cruise.

I would love to see RT Pacific coastal cruises start in LA go to

San Diego then Catalina, that's usual but then stop at Santa Barbara and on to San Francisco and on the way back stop at Monterey. That would be a perfect 7 day cruise for me. Add stops in Seattle and Vancouver make it a 10 or 11 day that would work too.:D

I asked my travel agent why they didn't do more Pacific Coastal cruises.

He said because the seas are too rough so . He always discouarges first time cruisers from taking a repo cruise. He's afraid they won't cruise again. also I read something about the environmental impact on the west coast I'm not so sure about that though.

Princess stopped visiting Osaka a few years ago and although I've been impatiently waiting, it hasn't come back. I'm waiting for the new 2009 itineries to come out in September and if it's not there I'll have to "abandon" ship and book either on Oceania or Holland.

Also, it doesn't look as though the Dawn will be ported in San Diego after Spring of 2008. Does anyone know if Princess is abandoning us or will we be getting another Princess?

I want to be on the 1st legal boat that goes to CUBA

Loads of legal boats - and planes - go to Cuba every year. It's a major, well-developed and much enjoyed holiday destination for 100's of 1000's of people from all over the world. Just not for Americans, for some odd reason.

Loads of legal boats - and planes - go to Cuba every year. It's a major, well-developed and much enjoyed holiday destination for 100's of 1000's of people from all over the world. Just not for Americans, for some odd reason.

That will change as soon as Castro dies.

Guest LoveMyBoxer

Wish they would back to Bermuda like they used to when we sailed there on the original Pacific Princess. Seems that only NCL stays there for more than a day. OH, and also RCCL, but two days still isn't enough in Bermuda.

I don't understand why Princess is not offering Africa any more. Although we are booked on a fabulous 37 day b2b on PP from Hawaii to Fort Lauderdale in December, we cannot find an itinerary to our liking for 2009. I was hoping Princess would repeat the itinerary from Bangkok or Signapore to Capetown but I have not seen it. Of course, we could sail on Holland America or Oceania but when you are Elite, it is hard to go to the back of the bus again.

We also did a fantastic itinerary from Bangkok to Venice on the Star in 2004 and this is not being repeated either, I wonder why. Unfortunately, it seems to me now that both HAL and Oceania have more adventurous itineraries.

Ocean Dream - you are so right. We were on the original PP in 2001 from Istanbul to Capetown through West Africa - loved it so much that we booked for our next cruise, the East African portion that we have missed. If memory serves me correctly, it was from Bombay to Capetown. Unfortunately 911 happened not long before our departure and of course the cruise was cancelled. We still have not been to East Africa - that itinerary would have included Zanzibar - even the name sounds magical.

We also did a fantastic itinerary from Bangkok to Venice on the Star in 2004 and this is not being repeated either, I wonder why. Unfortunately, it seems to me now that both HAL and Oceania have more adventurous itineraries.

I was also looking forward to these Trans-Indian Ocean voyages from Princess, but they don't seem to be offered in the future. I too will have to go with Oceania or Holland for that. I hope i make it back to Princess...

Archived