Is Celebrity testing the waters re dining enhancements?

KikiKruiser

We were sent a very lengthy survey today by Celebrity/Azamara regarding food and dining. I'm sure many of you cruisers (both Celebrity and non-Celebrity folks) have received it as well. By the tone of their questions, it sounds like they are taking a poll before they introduce their version of dining enhancements.:rolleyes: Interesting questions about interests in the Food Network, celebrity chefs, preference for choices in dining, etc. Anyone else polled?

Got the email at 7:12 PM EST. Looks to me like they're definitely fishing.:eek:

Started the survey but gave up as it was unbelievably long. Couldn't figure out what that was all about with the Food Channel shows, chefs, etc. May go back and start over, then I have nothing to squeal about if I don't care for what they do and I haven't at least put in my 2 cents.:)

Completed survey. I've done a # of them. They do value the input and make decisions accordingly. Several of the survey results I've done actually swayed management to making decisions. Look for the results of your inputs 6-9 months from now. That'll be the next marketing push until the new ships are in the water.

We are Elite on Celebrity and I don't recall receiving and surveys. How did you receive it? E-mail? Snail mail?

Thanks,

Cheryl

Rec'd an email around 2 PM this afternoon (Monday) from the marketing/research mgr of Celebrity/Azamara. Yes, it is very lengthy, but several times they ask you to explain your answers in great detail, so they are definitely picking our brains. They pointedly ask opinions on dining choices, rating anytime dining-type program vs formal vs specialty vs other alternatives. They want specifics, which is good. Gives you a chance to explain your opinions vs just ranting. Because I wanted to be "thoughtful" in my answers, it took me almost an hour to complete it. Or maybe I'm just overly meticulous!

I didn't get the survey either.As an interesting sidelight, one of my Cruise Critic frinds just completed a cruise on Azarama and she has reported that the food is better than on The M class ships. She believes that maybe with a smaller ship, Celebrity is spending more $ on food per passanger.

Michael

I got a survey this afternoon as well and completed it simply to put my 2 cents in. I couldn't always come up with the "specific" comments they seemed to want so just skipped over some of them.

Also think Ocngypz is right although I doubt that this survey will lead to increasing the budget (unless it is to hire a Food Network celebrity chef).

Susan

Didn't get anything either. Be more interesting of they got Gordon Ramsey or Anthony Bourdain vs. the food channel clones ;).

I don't want to tell you what I just saw Anthony Bourdain eating.:D I'd love to hear him speak.......as long as he isn't smoking at the same time.:eek:

We received this survey on Monday and I kept repeating "formal dining experience" in my answers as we love the traditional dining offered on Celebrity. I was surprised at the number of ethnic dining choices they wanted our opinions on and I also noted the dreaded "additional cost" associated with many of the questions. Maybe testing to see how much the market will bear!!!! I was quite happy to suggest they get rid of the beef cheeks to improve my dining experience and offer French Potato Pie as an alternate.

I did carefully fill out a survey regarding my last cruise, and was quick to point out the many wonderful things onboard, how much I enjoyed my cruise, and the things I loved, but it also gave me a chance to mention a few areas for improvement. When we ordered room service at 11:00 in the morning we couldn't get french fries, only chips at 11:00, and that I was disappointed that Escargot Bourgonne (I can't spell in English much less Franch) wasn't offered every night. Also mentioned that in Skagway their was no lunch served until 12:00, despite the fact that many passengers had a train excursion booked that departed at 12:30/12:40.

I would love to fill out this survey. Food and Dining is the most important aspect of cruising to us. I would love to have a chance to express how much I enjoy the traditional dining experience offered on Celebrity. WE are also big Food Network fans around here too. I love Emeril and Bobby Flay, and my husband (our family cook/chef) often prepares many of their recipes. Also I like spicy food, and would love to see a spicy offering on the Celebrity menu from time to time.

Did the survey seem to lead to the idea that Celebrity might be offering a dinner buffet? I probably would not take advantage too often as I really like the service and food in the formal dining room, but on my last Alaska cruise they did offer a buffet for people returning from late excursions. :)

I would love to fill out this survey. Food and Dining is the most important aspect of cruising to us. I would love to have a chance to express how much I enjoy the traditional dining experience offered on Celebrity. WE are also big Food Network fans around here too. I love Emeril and Bobby Flay, and my husband (our family cook/chef) often prepares many of their recipes. Also I like spicy food, and would love to see a spicy offering on the Celebrity menu from time to time.

Did the survey seem to lead to the idea that Celebrity might be offering a dinner buffet? I probably would not take advantage too often as I really like the service and food in the formal dining room, but on my last Alaska cruise they did offer a buffet for people returning from late excursions. :)

The survey seemed to be emailed randomly; one question asked if you had ever sailed with Celebrity/Azamara, another one wanted to know your cruise experiences (how many times and with whom). I didn't get the impression they were thinking dinner buffets, more like dinner experiences with various cuisines (rank in order of preference cuisines like Italian, Middle Eastern, Nuevo Latino, Japanese, Asian, Steakhouse, etc.). Also, they wanted to know would you be willing to pay for upscale dining in those aforementioned cuisines. One selection I thought interesting was would you be willing to pay $20-$25 (I think) for special chef tasting events in the galley, which sounded fun to me. They want to pinpoint the more popular cuisines and the willingness to pay for upscale experiences of these cuisines. They seem to want to offer more than just dinner on a plate, if you know what I mean. Thanks to worldwide exposure to things like the Food Network (which they rely on for several questions), sounds like Celebrity/Azamara want to hone in on the growing foodie niche. As a foodie, I'm excited about what these surveys might yield in the years ahead :)

Archived