Please Help Me Choose A Cabin On The Galaxy

vacation fool

Thinking of booking Galaxy for Feb 2009 11 nite Southern Caribbean. Would like to know which cabins might be a bit better than others. Looking at oceanview possibly verandah. Have heard mixed reviews as to this ship but the itinerary is the best out there. This will be my first Celebrity cruise. Appreciate everyones snippets of information and their favorite cabin:)

There are 4 CC cabins on the sky deck, cabins 1200, 1201, 1240 & 1241 that have extra large balconies. The rooms themselves are the same size as the rest of the CC class as well as the 2A's. We stayed in 1240 on the Mercury and the balcony was wonderful. The Concierge Class was O.K. but we booked that particular cabin to get the bigger balcony not the Concierge Class.

By the time you cruise, the refurbishments on the Galaxy may be done and the family ocean views at the back of the ship may be completed. If they do the same on the Galaxy as they have done on the Mercury than these cabins will have balconies added to them. The added advantage of these rooms would be the aft facing balconies and view of the wake and the extra space in the cabin itself.

If you are looking at just an ocean view than I have read that the ones at the very front of the ship give a view of where you are going but there is extra movement of the ship at the front. That may not be a problem for you.

We are also looking at the 11 day Galaxy and when we looked at the difference in price between a CC on the sky deck and an ocean view we chose the ocean view and saved almost $2000.

We booked our ocean view at the back of the ship on deck 8. That way we can step out of our cabin and be close to the deck on the back of the ship.

Good luck with your cabin selection.

Muriel

If you are looking at just an ocean view than I have read that the ones at the very front of the ship give a view of where you are going but there is extra movement of the ship at the front.

We prefer the midship or forward cabins on the C-class vessels since there's less vibration. Our first X-cruise was in an aft-cabin on the Galaxy and several times the whole cabin was rattling and vibrating, which woke me up in the early morning (I think it happens when the ship is braking and the propellers turn the other way around). Our last cruise on the Galaxy we had a forward cabin with new bedding and we both slept like a baby on a cloud.

vacation fool, believe me, the Galaxy is in good shape and remember that by the time you'll be on it, it will be revitalized. Don't worry to much about the mixed reviews, you 'll love the Galaxy. I know we did. After sailing X for the first time on the Galaxy and enjoying the wonderful food and service, we decided to stick with Celebrity. And we will continue doing that, as long as the food and service remain at the same level and the itineraries are interesting. But everyone has to make his own opinion and decision. Sorry for drifting away from the original question.;)

If I were doing this cruise I would chose an inside cabin, as the price difference would help pay for another cruise. Basicly all cabins on the Galaxy are the same size. Ether way you go you will love this cruise. It has one of the best itinerarys in the Caribbean.

Rollie

For me this would be a no brainer. I would chose an inside cabin amid ship. The money I saved would almost pay for another cruise. Unlike other ships the rooms on the Galaxy are basicly the same size, weather in an inside cabin or balcony cabin. On the Millennium class ships the price difference is not as big, and we then will chose a balcony.

Rollie

There are 4 CC cabins on the sky deck, cabins 1200, 1201, 1240 & 1241 that have extra large balconies. The rooms themselves are the same size as the rest of the CC class as well as the 2A's. We stayed in 1240 on the Mercury and the balcony was wonderful. The Concierge Class was O.K. but we booked that particular cabin to get the bigger balcony not the Concierge Class.

By the time you cruise, the refurbishments on the Galaxy may be done and the family ocean views at the back of the ship may be completed. If they do the same on the Galaxy as they have done on the Mercury than these cabins will have balconies added to them. The added advantage of these rooms would be the aft facing balconies and view of the wake and the extra space in the cabin itself.

If you are looking at just an ocean view than I have read that the ones at the very front of the ship give a view of where you are going but there is extra movement of the ship at the front. That may not be a problem for you.

We are also looking at the 11 day Galaxy and when we looked at the difference in price between a CC on the sky deck and an ocean view we chose the ocean view and saved almost $2000.

We booked our ocean view at the back of the ship on deck 8. That way we can step out of our cabin and be close to the deck on the back of the ship.

Good luck with your cabin selection.

Muriel

I agree with Muriel about the four CC cabins on sky deck on the Galaxy. The veranda's are huge as she stated and if you can swing it they are great cabins. They are the first CC cabins to go however so you have to get them quickly.

Also, some have said the ship is being redone please be advised that Celebrity has not announced this as of yet and if the past rumors are any indicator, do not believe anything until it is officially announced. They probably are going to renovate some things next year but as I said nothing has been announced.

If I were doing this cruise I would chose an inside cabin, as the price difference would help pay for another cruise. Basicly all cabins on the Galaxy are the same size. Ether way you go you will love this cruise. It has one of the best itinerarys in the Caribbean.

Rollie

For me this would be a no brainer. I would chose an inside cabin amid ship. The money I saved would almost pay for another cruise. Unlike other ships the rooms on the Galaxy are basicly the same size, weather in an inside cabin or balcony cabin. On the Millennium class ships the price difference is not as big, and we then will chose a balcony.

Rollie

My hubby agrees with you on the Inside, but i am wondering if i will get claustrophobic for so many days without some light in room? Agreed we will not be in room much as this itinerary is port intensive with only 2 sea days and even then we don't stay in room on sea days either! Will give it alot of thought. But with aifare costs as well, it might be the way to go and then hope for an upgrade? Thanks

Why not compromise and get an oceanview cabin without a balcony? That's what we did for our first Celebrity cruise. We booked the cheapest class of oceanview, and got bumped up to deluxe oceanview. Room size was the same, but the deluxes have a bigger window, a nice sitting area, and are on a higher deck on the ship.

Whatever you choose, you can't go wrong--that cruise has a FABULOUS itinerary!!!

Hi:) I agree with the last poster...if you are very

uncomfortable with an inside but prefer not to spend the

money on a balcony maybe try a window.

As for the upgrade, Celebrity rarely offers them. It has

been known to happen, but it is very far and few between.

I would choose a cabin that would be comfortable for

both of you and not expect an upgrade.

Enjoy your cruise:)

when finding the correct cabin i always make sure we are not under/or above us high traffic areas... kitchen(always moving things), lounges, and always at mid ship not near stairs or elevators. nothing wrong with inside because you don't spend a lot of waking hours in your cabin. have a great cruise larry

We are sailing on Galaxy in March 2008. We are going to be in an Oceanview midship (Panorama deck 8153) I would love a balcony, but not worth the 1800 more in my opinion. We also selected this cruise for it's itinerary.:)

We are sailing on Galaxy in March 2008. We are going to be in an Oceanview midship (Panorama deck 8153) I would love a balcony, but not worth the 1800 more in my opinion. We also selected this cruise for it's itinerary.:)

RVfromAZ-I think i posted a ? to you in your roll call about booking on royal for a celebrity cruise. I won't repeat here, but if u could please look at my ? in the roll call. Your info is appreciated. I am now considering an oceanview as i got a good quote from a TA with an OBC of $150. Swore this time i was going to book directly with cruiseline but this quote allows us to get the window for the same price as inside if we booked thru cruiseline. Now what to do, right? I am looking at cabins 8131-8141 which are right down the hall from your cabin.:)

Vacation Fool, looks as if you've done everything right. You have a deluxe ocean view, amidship. You picked a deck that has cabins above it, (no public area) On top of everything else you got a great price. Looks to me as if your all set. Enjoy your cruise.

Rollie

Vacation Fool, looks as if you've done everything right. You have a deluxe ocean view, amidship. You picked a deck that has cabins above it, (no public area) On top of everything else you got a great price. Looks to me as if your all set. Enjoy your cruise.

Rollie

Thanks. I am going to book tonite or tomorrow.:D

Hi Vacation Fool, I agree $900 is a large deposit, but that was our only option, at least we will have some OBC. Good Luck booking, I will have to let you know about the cruise when we return! I am in count down mode...228 days! We are pretty much set to go, have airfare, hotels pre and post cruise.:)

Roberta

Archived