A/C on Mariner

I've just read another review that mentioned the Air Conditioning on the Mariner being less than sufficient. Yikes :eek: Anyone else noticed this problem recently? Yes, we are such non-heat tolerant people that we are going in Dec., but I hope the A/C works well anyway!

We just got off the Mariner on Sunday. Never noticed an AC problem. In fact, our room usually had ice cicles hanging from the ceiling in the mornings. (Just kidding about that but definitely no ac problems and it was plenty cold in the room if you cranked the ac down.)

I have also seen those comments about the ship being too warm and also hope its not true. We are also going in December and don't like the heat (and I am pretty much always warm inside - I like it cool). I would gladly take the icicles on the ceiling over being too warm. ;)

Did Eastern Caribbean last August on Mariner, and yes, I thought our stateroom was somewhat warm. One hint, if you have a balcony, use the door to a minimum, and be sure it is tightly shut or the AC will not work. I really like it cold, or at least a breeze, to sleep. For future cruises, I just bought a little fan at Walmart called an O2 Cool. Very inexpensive, and it can work off an outlet, or for 2 hours on an internal rechargeable battery. I would say it weighs about a pound, and about the size of a lengthy hardcover novel. So, going to use precious suitcase space for this as (hopefully) a cure to the cool problem.

I want to second what the previous poster stated. If you have a balcony be certain that the door is closed and the handle to lock the sliding is closed tightly.

In our room it was warm. We called maintenance (they showed up promptly) and he cranked on the balcony door and we never had a problem the rest of the cruise...

Ah, the ice crystals!

We sailed for spring break, had an inside room, no effects from a balcony. I was comfortable everywhere in the ship. Well, I am always cold, so I am assuming that it may have been a touch on the warmer side due to my comfort. Husband who hates hot indoors did NOT complain. Comfort level with the thermostat is such an individual level... and it can vary with each sail. SO I would pack light weight cotton or linen clothes to have some choices if this is the case.

I LOVED the Mariner, have a great time:D

Reading the responses, I think it probably depends on the temperature you feel most comfortable. Our cabin was plenty cold, but we were careful to keep the balcony handle latched so the door was closed completely. I did think some public areas of the ship were too warm, and other family members commented on the same thing.

We just were on the Mariner just recently in July and the A/C was not sufficient --if u were long sleeves u would be warm!! We had our inside cabin on the highest it could go and although it was adequate it was never "cold with icicles" by any stretch of the imagination!! I heard others complain also.

THis was not the case last summer when we were on the Mariner but this year they seemed to cut back on the a/c to just adequate level never cold.

We just were on the Mariner just recently in July and the A/C was not sufficient --if u were long sleeves u would be warm!! We had our inside cabin on the highest it could go and although it was adequate it was never "cold with icicles" by any stretch of the imagination!! I heard others complain also.

THis was not the case last summer when we were on the Mariner but this year they seemed to cut back on the a/c to just adequate level never cold.

This could be a problem for us, as I find myself more and more intolerant to heat as I get older. We were comfortable on the Mariner last year except in the dining room, where we had to ask the head waiter several times to turn up the AC. I'll be very uncomfortable if it is any warmer this year.

Thanks for all the responses! While I know that a comfortable temp. is highly subjective, it was just interesting to me that in cruising this forum, this came up as an issue with the Mariner more than one would expect.

Hopefully the RCI folks will take note!

We'll just have to bring some of our Colorado snow and chill with us when we sail in December:D

We'll just have to bring some of our Colorado snow and chill with us when we sail in December:D

Hi ColoradoMom!

As a fellow citizen of Littleton, I hope - no, I insist! - that you will take as much snow and chill as you can with you on your Mariner cruise in December! :D (This last winter kind of soured me on white stuff... :rolleyes:)

I was on Mariner last year and didn't notice any problems with the temperature. I'll be on her again in just over 2 weeks, so I can report back then if you'd like.

Just wanted to say hi, since we're neighbors! :)

Archived