Who can tell me about the Jewel?

Well , I have 7 months to go. Ughhh and I am going crazy. So, who wants to tell me about the Jewel? I have a few questions. First, I have only been on Voyager class rccl ships, and they have their own night clubs and discos. I was wondering since Jewel does not have any nightclubs if there is a place to go at night to dance, get a few drinks, listen to music... Also, I know with Johnny Rockets, there is a cover charge per person. Does the seaview cafe do that? and what about the coffee bar. Is it just coffee or are there desserts? How much do they charge? Ok, now don't laugh at this, but can adults go down the slide in the kiddie pool. My son will be 3 and I'm not sure if he'll want to go down by himself. Also I heard somewhere that they always have choc covered strawberries in that champagne bar. Is that true? I'll be in heaven. Thats all I can think of now but if anyone wants to add anything or post any pics, that would be great. I am so excited, can't wait, and anything to pass the time would be awesome.

Well , I have 7 months to go. Ughhh and I am going crazy. So, who wants to tell me about the Jewel? I have a few questions. First, I have only been on Voyager class rccl ships, and they have their own night clubs and discos. I was wondering since Jewel does not have any nightclubs if there is a place to go at night to dance, get a few drinks, listen to music...

Yes they do have a nightclub. It is up in the Viking Crown lounge and is called the Vortex. They also have a small bar that revolves.

Also, I know with Johnny Rockets, there is a cover charge per person. Does the seaview cafe do that? and what about the coffee bar. Is it just coffee or are there desserts? How much do they charge?

There is no cover charge for the Seaview. Hours are quirky but the food is good. Lattitudes on the Jewel is very nice as there is a large sitting area with a wall of glass. They do have pastries and there is no charge when purchasing coffee. Not sure if they would charge you otherwise.

Ok, now don't laugh at this, but can adults go down the slide in the kiddie pool. My son will be 3 and I'm not sure if he'll want to go down by himself.

I don't think that they will allow you on the slide. It is very small.

Also I heard somewhere that they always have choc covered strawberries in that champagne bar. Is that true? I'll be in heaven.

Not sure about this. Never paid attention.

Thats all I can think of now but if anyone wants to add anything or post any pics, that would be great. I am so excited, can't wait, and anything to pass the time would be awesome.

Photos of the Jewel are in my link below. She is one of the most beautiful ships that I have cruised. :)

Jewel is just that. It is a beautiful ship and you will be able to see out to the sea no matter where you are. We love the radiance class of ship..not as big as the Voyager but has many of the amenities. We would not hesitate to go on one of them again...The Solarium is not to be missed.

I also have some pictures of the Jewel; click on the link in my signature. Also, here's a link to my review from the cruise we just disembarked from last week: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=31114

The Champagne Bar doesn't have the chocolate-covered strawberries, just caviar that you help yourself to and some hot appetizers that they'll bring to you with your drink.

There are lots of places to listen to music: The Vortex in the VCL, the Hollywood Odyssey (it's a cigar bar at night but also has some amazing jazz every now & then), the Safari Lounge, where they may play dance tunes, the Centrum, where they will also play dance music and the Rosario Strings play (I can't stand them but some people think they're fab).

The Seaview Cafe serves complimentary food and has a charge for milkshakes, also a small but serviceable bar. You have to go to the WJ for iced tea or lemonade, but there's a back stair right at the entrance to the Seaview, so if the WJ is open at the time, it's easy enough to do. Don't miss the onion rings!

The Jewel is our favorite RCI ship so far - enjoy her!

I'll concur with the folks here who love the Jewel. It's a beautiful ship - and one of our favorites. (We haven't been on a ship we haven't liked yet!)

We aren't into the nightclub thing - so I can't tell you if the Vortex is a fun club scene or not - but at a minimum it is a nice place to have drinks.

The coffee prices are equal to what you'd pay at your land based specialty coffee shops but the pastries are free and yummy!

We prefer the Seaview to Johnny Rockets - and like the fact that there is no "cover charge". We enjoyed most of the selections (and have tried to sample most of what is offered :p )

I'm pretty confident that you and your family will find the Jewel to be a great choice of ships to sail. Have a great time!

The Vortex (Viking Crown Lounge) is really fun - just watch the rotating bar!

Another option to late night music listening is The Safari Club (bar at the back of the ship on deck 6). They usually have a band playing until late at night (and there is a dance floor in there), plus from around 11:30 to midnight they bring about appetizers. We went to that bar every night and about halfway through the week we asked about chocolate - and they started bringing chocolate covered strawberries and other chocolate desserts in addition to the appetizers. It may have been because we were literally in the same place every night - but it doesn't hurt to ask.:D

The SeaView is really good on the Jewel. Great, made to order stuff. I can't remember the name of it but it's a vegetarian sandwich with avocados, and tomatoes, and sprouts, etc which I love. Plus those onion rings. The fish & chips are just okay though.

I think adults can go down the slide with a young child, as I've seen more than one parent doing just that as I walked back to the Seaview. It always looked tight to me though for them to get to the top of the slide so I wondered how they did it.

The Radiance class is my absolute favorite class of ships!

The SeaView is really good on the Jewel. Great, made to order stuff. I can't remember the name of it but it's a vegetarian sandwich with avocados, and tomatoes, and sprouts, etc which I love. Plus those onion rings. The fish & chips are just okay though.

The Radiance class is my absolute favorite class of ships!

The fish is like fish sticks:(...it would be great to have real fish.

Are these Fish Fingers as us UK people call them? Fish mashed up and shaped and covered in breadcrumbs and then fried. Quite yummy. Or like crab sticks which have everything except crab in them. Only asking as on JOS tomorrow and looking for places to eat around the clock

I agree about the fish and chips at the Seaview, but try them in the dining room for lunch, if you can. I did, and it was fantastic. Lightly battered fish cooked perfectly and very good french fries. Nothing beats the french fries in the WJ and Seaview tho.

What IS it about cruise ship french fries? Is it because I don't eat ff the rest of the time, or are the ones on cruise ships actually more crispy and tasty?

Wrona, sounds like you need to get another cruise booked.....:)

I know. Between my Jewel cruise and Bar 3.0, I used up all my vacation time for the year so had to give up my corner aft JS on Vision this October. Hopefully I'll be cruising again sometime next year, but I don't have a cruise booked yet, unfortunately.

I know. Between my Jewel cruise and Bar 3.0, I used up all my vacation time for the year so had to give up my corner aft JS on Vision this October.

By chance was is for 7 Oct sailing?? I had JS 8292 and happened to notice that 8088 opened up 2 doors down and jumped on the opportunity for the corner!!

If it was you, I'm sorry to hear that you had to give it up, but I'll be sure to take good care of it for you and post pics when I get back!

Stephanie :cool:

By chance was is for 7 Oct sailing?? I had JS 8292 and happened to notice that 8088 opened up 2 doors down and jumped on the opportunity for the corner!!

If it was you, I'm sorry to hear that you had to give it up, but I'll be sure to take good care of it for you and post pics when I get back!

Stephanie :cool:

No it was the 10/28/07. I let people on my roll call know before I gave it up though - so one of them could possibly grab it.

Archived